Injury 2017 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

So wasting a valuable 90 seconds or so of my life I managed to get through most of the injury report.
No actual mention of Cocky bar having him listed as short term...

I think it is safe to say he is pretty unlikely to play any real roll this finals... I had hope of a prelim... but I think he has just missed too much footy now for that to occur.
Which is super frustrating, as I see him as one of the most important pieces of our puzzle

So wasting a valuable 90 seconds or so of my life I managed to get through most of the injury report.

I think it is safe to say he is pretty unlikely to play any real roll this finals... I had hope of a prelim... but I think he has just missed too much footy now for that to occur.
Which is super frustrating, as I see him as one of the most important pieces of our puzzle
Parsons?

No mention of him so he's either going to play this week and surprise Richmond with 5 goals when they weren't expecting him to play, or he's broken every bone in his body and is 2-3 weeks away from returning.

No mention of him so he's either going to play this week and surprise Richmond with 5 goals when they weren't expecting him to play, or he's broken every bone in his body and is 2-3 weeks away from returning.
In other words "medium term".

Apparently Cocky might have had a minor setback.

According to SEN's Twitter, he definitely wouldn't play the Semi if we lost, and is a 50/50 chance of playing the Prelim if we made it.

Benny Cass has twice mentioned that (once on air and the Geelong Show Podcast) that he had word that MC was advised against playing him in the Blues game and they did it anyway..

Catastrophic if true.

Go Catters

Apparently Cocky might have had a minor setback.

According to SEN's Twitter, he definitely wouldn't play the Semi if we lost, and is a 50/50 chance of playing the Prelim if we made it.

Whilst not good news obviously, at least it happened on the training track and not in a knock-out final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst not good news obviously, at least it happened on the training track and not in a knock-out final.

Exactly.

Time to settle all the expectations down and simply have him aim up at being totally ready to go for the first day of the 2018 pre-season.

He's too valuable to risk yet another injury (let alone yet another episode of 'man down!') during this finals series.

I rate Cocky's potential as much as anyone else but let's be honest, he's only been a minor part of us getting to where we are this season.

O.k. But geez he looked good against Carlton with his quick leads out of the forward line until he did his hammy. We will pay for our lack of scoring power.

Agreed.

Parsons/Parfitt will be the only 'happy' ones as they probably would have been dropped if he was fit.

I rate Cocky's potential as much as anyone else but let's be honest, he's only been a minor part of us getting to where we are this season.
And he was always a serious long shot to actually play again this year anyway

Mentioned in the presser that Kolo had done a calf in addition to Guthrie..did anyone notice this during the game?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Also obviously he won't be back until probably mid-season but I'm excited to see Narkle return.

Didn't see any VFL games live but most people seem to be talking him up which is good :thumbsu:

Gregson is running 6-7 k’s now. And has put on 5kg in the gym. Linc is about to start running in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed these 2 can have a solid pre-season and stay injury free. We need them.
Gregson put 5kgs on is good, he was pretty solid already. He's the one I'm keen to see again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back