2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keen to see Port's new game plan and positional changes

Wingard in the middle would be great to watch

It has broader meanings.

Nothing wrong with the usage at all.

But I accept child-like minds might get a giggle.

It does, but said meanings are sensitive to context, as with the other terms you used ("permeate" the future? What an odd thing to say. Look at how the term is normally used). You could have used "read the future", instead you opted to obfuscate and use an innapropriate term for the sentence even when other meanings are taken into account. Pretentiousness and stupidity are an irritating combination and you exhibit a good deal of both.

And to cut off this conversation before it continues: the purpose of language is communication. You are doing a s**t job of that, despite your arrogance.

Last edited:
Expecting 8 goal win by saints.

From all reports billings has had a great pre season, hopefully he can start well for them. As well as Mccartin, he has a great set of hands. Not sure if all the hype is justified about saints but they sure as hell are better than port. They are rabble.

Keen to see Port's new game plan and positional changes

Wingard in the middle would be great to watch
I know it's the first game of pre-season and that you really really really shouldn't read too much into anything, and I'm also aware that I go for the Lions and they are a monty for bottom 4, but Port look like absolutely puss right now =/ and I actually like them and want them to do well.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's the first game of pre-season and that you really really really shouldn't read too much into anything, and I'm also aware that I go for the Lions and they are a monty for bottom 4, but Port look like absolutely puss right now =/ and I actually like them and want them to do well.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree.
I normally like the Power but this game plan and their application is shocking. Looking forward to their new coach and what he can do.
Lions might be bottom 4 this year but their young talent is promising. Hope it starts coming together soon.

It does, but said meanings are sensitive to context, as with the other terms you used ("permeate" the future? What an odd thing to say. Look at how the term is normally used). You could have used "read the future", instead you opted to obfuscate and use an innapropriate term for the sentence even when other meanings are taken into account. Pretentiousness and stupidity are an irritating combination and you exhibit a good deal of both.

And to cut off this conversation before it continues: the purpose of language is communication. You are doing a s**t job of that, despite your arrogance.

39ab219d4141bed1898a74b935adf34c.jpg

That condescending twit has been asking for a dressing down for a while, and boy did you deliver.

How did you calculate Crows to finish 2nd?

I think they are limited to their ability to cover for Danger. Good players in the team but I feel they lack that dominant midfielder. I think with ease teams like Cats Bulldogs Swans Eagles Hawks are comfortably ahead of them
Dangerfield left in 2015.... the ability to cover for him? we won 17 games last year..

The had virtually zero injuries last year. They pretty much had their best side on the field every week. 2 thirds of them had their best years ever. That will not happen again. We all know their midfield is their weakness and it will be interesting to see what GWS do to them if both Crouch and Sloane aren't playing round 1, but I reckon their backline is pretty suspect if Talia goes down too.
Ifs buts and candy nuts. you keep bringing this up "if so and so goes down" its the same with all teams, if one or two of their guns go down.
Sloane is 100% playing round 1... by then it would have been 5 weeks.. in 2015 he came back after 3 or weeks with the same injury.

Dangerfield left in 2015.... the ability to cover for him? we won 17 games last year..
But the real story came when your midfield got pantsed by Sydney in the final. Compare that to twelve months earlier where Dangerfield tore my team a new arsehole in that Dogs/Crows final.. you still haven't covered that.

Disagree with this, Carlton will go backwards this year but it will be a one step back two steps forward thing IMO.

Will play a much younger less experienced team than last year.
Yup. Carlton's forward line is comfortably the worst in the competition.

Yup. Carlton's forward line is comfortably the worst in the competition.

WAS! Stay tuned in 2017 - watch the road ahead and not the rear-view mirror. Things change - sometimes quickly! No Coleman winner at Carlton in 2017, but be prepared for some surprises and a much more cohesive and dynamic forward-line! You heard it here.

Last edited:
WAS! Stay tuned in 2017 - watch the road ahead and not the rear-view mirror. Things change - sometimes quickly! No Coleman winner at Carlton in 2017, but be prepared for some surprises and a much more cohesive and dynamic forward-line! You heard it here.
as much as i'd love to share your optimism, the guys that we're relying on making that happen have combined for like 8 senior games.

with our forward line we're really gonna have to be going Italian style for the 1-0 wins.

as much as i'd love to share your optimism, the guys that we're relying on making that happen have combined for like 8 senior games.

with our forward line we're really gonna have to be going Italian style for the 1-0 wins.

Just saying - we won't have the worst forward line in the league in 2017, that's all - there will be personnel and positional changes. There will be noticeable improvement in our forward-line and more importantly a bit more depth in our midfield that will create more opportunities for what will be a more dynamic forward-line and it WILL NOT be the worst forward-line in the league in 2017 - someone else will take that mantle! Our defense (still developing) made inroads fairly quickly, now it's the turn of our forward-line.

Just saying - we won't have the worst forward line in the league in 2017, that's all - there will be personnel and positional changes. There will be noticeable improvement in our forward-line and more importantly a bit more depth in our midfield that will create more opportunities for what will be a more dynamic forward-line and it WILL NOT be the worst forward-line in the league in 2017 - someone else will take that mantle! Our defense (still developing) made inroads fairly quickly, now it's the turn of our forward-line.
Who will have a worse forward line just out of curiosity?

i will settle for not being the worst forward line in history :(

We have a good defense and our top end quality of the midfield is pretty good. but the midfield depth and forward line (both talls and smalls) are easily the worst in the league. and i'm afraid when it comes to scoring (not just this sport but all sports) there are no shortcuts, you need quality players. we've got a few kids that could be good but until they are, they aren't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back