2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us Richmond supporters are probably not surprised. We have been seeing this North Melbourne for years.

North Melbourne have run close every team at a stage so far.

- Ran close West Coast but then got blown away in the end.
- Were comfortably beating Geelong at 3 quarter time and only fell short by a 1 point
- Ran close GWS until about half time and then were blown away.
- Fell short by around 2-3 points against Bulldogs where they had an opportunity to beat them in the final seconds
- Were comfortably beating Fremantle and lost by a goal in the final minutes
- Beat Gold Coast
- Smashed Adelaide

North Melbourne are a tough team to beat, and it seems that it doesn't really matter much who is in and who is out. At least they are not only reserving this for a select few (including us) this year.
Good analysis. I still think we will fall short, too much distance to make up. 10 -12 is my guess.

But at least everyone we play will feel it the next day, they may beat us, but they have to earn it.

You were wrong, I was right!
How old did you say you are.... 10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am old enough to be right.... and not be stupid enough to claim 1 33 year old player transformers your team from a bottom 4 to a top 4 team.

In an opinions forum where 99% of opinions are baseless... it feels good to be right and actually have evidence!

If you play Carlton in Hobart I might give you a bit better than a 50% chance of winning, but otherwise, I think we'd have a very good chance against you - where are you on the ladder again?

I thought Carlton supporters were supposed to be cocky? Getting a little ahead of yourself I reckon - take a deep breath!:D
Oh lawd, we've played the top 5 teams, Carlton wins have come from bottom 8 teams, and yet we're one game behind you with much superior %. Or are you kidding?

I am old enough to be right.... and not be stupid enough to claim 1 33 year old player transformers your team from a bottom 4 to a top 4 team.

In an opinions forum where 99% of opinions are baseless... it feels good to be right and actually have evidence!

Last time I checked Waite was 34, not 33 and has plenty of good football left in him
As I have said earlier, given our losses earlier in the season, had he of played we would have won those games given they were all by a kick
I did not say that we are a 'top 4 team' just that for this time of the year that is where we would be.
Pointless arguing with such a narrow minded moron like you.
Jarrad Waite is always going to be a touchy topic for Carlton flogs as we have been able to get the best out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh lawd, we've played the top 5 teams, Carlton wins have come from bottom 8 teams, and yet we're one game behind you with much superior %. Or are you kidding?

Hmm. Yes, you have played the top 5 teams - I hadn't noticed. This could be the reverse of last season - 9-0 on the back of small wins and an easy draw, versus 0-5 on small losses with a brutal draw.

Hmm. Yes, you have played the top 5 teams - I hadn't noticed. This could be the reverse of last season - 9-0 on the back of small wins and an easy draw, versus 0-5 on small losses with a brutal draw.
Had them pegged for 10th before the season but with latest outs of liability senior players they should finish 8th from here. Knowing Brad Scott and his tendency for stupid ignorance and blinkered stubbornness, they'll likely finish 9th or 10th from here.

This current group of North players (if managed correctly) are top 4 material next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very likely to be bottom 4 for the next 5 years.
You'll see.

Even with a mediocre coach they'll drive up the ladder and won't look back. Probably won't win a flag under Scott, but will surge passed a lot of s**t cultures and teams.

You are right in terms of sufficient depth.

Could do with another genuine midfielder or 2 but the quality youth and game style have been so blue balled over recent years that their potential is unknown.

The recruited injury prone players don't seem to be causing themselves harm at the moment and the removal of 1 particular selfish clogger has freed up ball movement and enabled a spine.

The choking from North wasn't so much to do with the opposition completely dominating late, it was a lot to do with Norths forward line and atttacking midfielders choking up and being unable to score late in 3rd quarters or in final quarters. Can happen when you have selfish and limited players that have a free pass from coaches and aren't particularly good at any one skill or role. Last year we often saw Swallow and Gibson rushing into the forward 50 and screaming for the ball only to totally screw it up more often than not. Gibson still does it to a degree and it's always been a sign that Brad Scott isn't really in control of his team.

This current North team has moved into a different postcode.

The forward pressure has gone to another level. The opposition half backs used to revel in bypassing Lindsay Thomas' theatrics and creating a tidal wave from defense.

There's no more easy pass for opposition and no more reliance on umpiring, no sooking or selfish attention seeking.

The talls are kicking crumbing goals which is crucial for them to stay involved for 4 quarters. The team work has evolved to another level. There's no more coaching directive to bring struggling small forwards into the game. The team score has become the priority and all the forwards are now blocking for each other and ensuring the team result is priority 1.

Eliminating Swallow from the midfield has been almost as crucial as firing Thomas.

Swallow was a player that needed protection from the umpires. His main talent was tackling and needed to be second to the ball. His lack of creative play in the middle really negated any dominance the team got from Goldstein or Preuss.

Without Thomas and Swallow we are talking about a different team. A team with chemistry. A tough and hard pressuring side with team work orientated and talented forwards. If they can keep Gibson out of the forward line (calling for selfish dumb balls he has no right to) the team could make finals.

Normally Scott starts to feel uncomfortable when the team performs well and begins to strap himself in and make ridiculous selection calls or moves.

In other words Brad finds comfort in giving self diagnosed prostate examinations when things are going well rather than adding anything to the momentum.View attachment 368044
North Melbourne just have this habit of skipping the rebuild phase. They go from top 8, to the fringes of the 8 and then back in the 8 again. Wasn't 14th the lowest that North Melbourne have finished for like 1-2 seasons since 1999?

North Melbourne just have this habit of skipping the rebuild phase. They go from top 8, to the fringes of the 8 and then back in the 8 again. Wasn't 14th the lowest that North Melbourne have finished for like 1-2 seasons since 1999?
Yea they don't seem to lose their arse very often, if at all.

6 finishes lower than 10th since 1972.

11th twice, 12th once, 13th twice and 14th once.

Finished 4th the year after the lowly finish of 14th.

Finished 7th and 9th the years after finishing 13th.

And finished 3rd the year after placing 12th.

Nearly 50 years of rebounding, mediocrity and success rolled into 1. They don't do shithouse for long.

Had them pegged for 10th before the season but with latest outs of liability senior players they should finish 8th from here. Knowing Brad Scott and his tendency for stupid ignorance and blinkered stubbornness, they'll likely finish 9th or 10th from here.

This current group of North players (if managed correctly) are top 4 material next year.

If you finish 9th, expect a Breach of Copyright suit from Richmond.

We do not do wooden spoons. Go to the Carlton board for tips on how to win one, they are experts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back