2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forward line only ok you reckon?

**** me. Riewoldt, Membrey 40+ goals. Bruce 38 and Weller 24 with McCartin, Lonie, Sinclair, Billings as well.

Trying not to be biased but I'd say we'd have one of the best forward lines in the comp next year.
verdict is still out on our midfield, but I have no doubt it'll improve next year.
Defence has a heap of experience now with some good young rebounders.

I'm all for everyone having their own opinion but you obviously didn't watch many/if any saints games this year.

LOL best forward lines in the comp

Take your Norf crap to the Bay where it belongs.

Mate regardless of how I spelt your clubs name my point remains the same. How can you expect to contend with arguably the worst midfield in the competition. Even the blues/lions have more top end talent running through their mids

Mate regardless of how I spelt your clubs name my point remains the same. How can you expect to contend with arguably the worst midfield in the competition. Even the blues/lions have more top end talent running through their mids
Fair enough on YOUR opinion, however as I pointed out in a different thread. How the end of the season played out has no bearing on round 1 next year. The only team that can claim those honours are the premiers, every other team is on a losing streak.

I am pretty sure if I referred to the EFC as '*' in my main board posts that I would be warned and then carded, so yes it does matter how you refer to other teams on this board.

Fair enough on YOUR opinion, however as I pointed out in a different thread. How the end of the season played out has no bearing on round 1 next year. The only team that can claim those honours are the premiers, every other team is on a losing streak.

I am pretty sure if I referred to the EFC as '*' in my main board posts that I would be warned and then carded, so yes it does matter how you refer to other teams on this board.

So your side losing more games than the bottom two has no bearing on this year?

And you get upset and want me reported? LOL

Not the best tho:blush:
The suggestion was that it would be "one of the best" and unless we get badly hit by injuries in that area, I'd be pretty surprised if it isn't.

McCartin the big wildcard here of course. This year he was looking like he was on the verge of taking over games at times, but then would cop a concussion, or the broken collarbone (and he didn't play in most of our big wins, so he missed the chance to dine out in those games, and get a real confidence boost), but with another preseason and hopefully a whole lot more fitness under his belt by next year, he is likely to be ready to start really making a strong impact. (Because of his diabetes he reportedly only did about 40% of the work in his first preseason and about 80% in his second, so hopefully he'll be ready to do all the work this time around).

That in turn could free up Bruce a bit and in turn Membrey and then you've got Riewoldt drafting down there from the wing and the likes of Billings, Acres, Weller, Gresham, Lonie, Steele and co all (bar maybe the older Weller) a strong chance to be better in that area with another preseason under their belts.

Riewoldt, Mccartin, Membrey and Bruce says otherwise.

Better than most.
Reiwoldt doesnt really play forward and McCartin has shown a little bit, but is still currently a c grader. Membry had a really good season, be intersting to aee if he can back it up. Bruce is pretty good, but not great.

The foward line is good, but its not one if the best in the league
Riewoldt, Mccartin, Membrey and Bruce says otherwise.

Better than most.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Reiwoldt doesnt really play forward and McCartin has shown a little bit, but is still currently a c grader. Membry had a really good season, be intersting to aee if he can back it up. Bruce is pretty good, but not great.

The foward line is good, but its not one if the best in the league

Which clubs do you consider to have better forward lines? I'm curious for your opinion on how we stack up in the comp.

Just as an fyi Reiwoldt played quite a lot forward this year, pretty much whenever Paddy wasn't able to play or when young mids like Acres were resting. Hopefully he wont play that much next year.

Which clubs do you consider to have better forward lines? I'm curious for your opinion on how we stack up in the comp.

Just as an fyi Reiwoldt played quite a lot forward this year, pretty much whenever Paddy wasn't able to play or when young mids like Acres were resting. Hopefully he wont play that much next year.
Off the top of my head Adelaide, West Coast, Bulldogs, Sydney, GWS

Off the top of my head Adelaide, West Coast, Bulldogs, Sydney, GWS

Fair call - now Saints are developing a stronger midfield the forward line should benefit.

Agree those teams would be the top tier for forwards would rate the Saints just below that and that is where I expect them to be next year ie bottom half of the 8 with potential of more improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not on a losing streak

Laughable re dogs missing finals etc.
They are the BEST team In the comp.
the last 4 weeks of the season they played extraordinary football. TBoyd may have just now found his way, along with roughead.
The 2016 finals seemed to have launched a whole group of their players and theyre only what 20-23yo!?!?

IMO Beveridge knows how to handle THE PREMIERSHIP HANGOVER.

Thats the only thing stopping the dogs.
That and the ever growing mighty sainters!!! ;)

Laughable re dogs missing finals etc.
They are the BEST team In the comp.
the last 4 weeks of the season they played extraordinary football. TBoyd may have just now found his way, along with roughead.
The 2016 finals seemed to have launched a whole group of their players and theyre only what 20-23yo!?!?

IMO Beveridge knows how to handle THE PREMIERSHIP HANGOVER.

Thats the only thing stopping the dogs.
That and the ever growing mighty sainters!!! ;)

Bombers '93, Hawks '08... it's not exactly uncommon for a very young premiership team to drop back after a win before maturing (i.e. not just a hangover) and challenging again consistently in a few years time

Yesh cause Bont, Dal, Libba, Dunkley, Maclean, Stinger, TBoyd, Caleb etc are all past it and will go backwards
I think they will actually improve on their ladder position from last year.
I'm impressed that all 10 Doggies supporters (up 3 since the Grand Final), are all out in force in this thread

Bombers '93, Hawks '08... it's not exactly uncommon for a very young premiership team to drop back after a win before maturing (i.e. not just a hangover) and challenging again consistently in a few years time
I agree with that sentiment and it could happen. I just cant see it with the leaders they have. Coach bevo with murph mboyd wood - hawks crawf croad dew retired ess watson kickett and co retired/lost it.
I just reckon the difference is leaders and VIP experienced players still there.

Nah you mucked that big time. See, you think the end of season bye was the reason we are Premiers after finishing 7th, now you have us losing in the 1st week of the finals after the bye and finishing 7th. Explain why we couldn't do the same next year? Since we obviously aren't a very strong team and all?
Personally I think, we finish 7th again post H&A, we win- it's the one thing we have proven.
You won't do it again. And no, I do think you're a good team, but my opinion is that I think you won't win it next year. And no, I haven't 'mucked up' because you don't like my opinion.

You won't do it again. And no, I do think you're a good team, but my opinion is that I think you won't win it next year. And no, I haven't 'mucked up' because you don't like my opinion.

Out of interest, who did you tip in each of our finals? I think I know what your opinion was in each instance (thus why nobody should take it seriously).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back