12. Collingwood
13. Essendon
14. Carlton
15. North Melbourne
16. GC
17. Port Adelaide
18. Brisbane

Lock it in. It's near perfect.
Not bad a prediction, except West Coast are no chance to finish top with their ruck situation. Maybe if they had a great midfield to counter that, but they don't.

Just you wait and see Freo will beat yous Round 1 and yous will beat them second time round in Geelong.
All things being equal, I doubt they'll beat us in round 1 but even if they do I still think they'll only be an average team at best. Good midfield but are very ordinary at either end of the ground.

They also have a coach whose methods are out dated.

Would love to see a self rating system on these threads. Each user posts their ladder and come the end of the year you have to come back and repost your rating based on variance from ladder position as a cumulative total. Every position away from the finishing one for each team is added up. Those with the lowest total are crowned as people that actually know something about football.
Doesn't actually prove that they know about football, sort of like saying footy tip winners are the most knowledgeable of all footy watchers. If someone predicted freos fall from grace last year I doubt they would have done it through footy knowledge.

Doesn't actually prove that they know about football, sort of like saying footy tip winners are the most knowledgeable of all footy watchers. If someone predicted freos fall from grace last year I doubt they would have done it through footy knowledge.
Yeah
Hard to claim the shocking injuries they had early were predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 Brownlow medalists in the midfield is not so bad.
Will be very interesting to see how Mitchell goes, has he got one more year of high quality left in him or will age start to have an impact. I don't even think Eagles fans rated Priddis during his Brownlow year.

1. GWS - Too much talent, Deledio is a good inclusion and they're well coached
2. Footscray - Arguably the best coach in the league? List has depth and is young
3. Adelaide - Great forwardline, decent midfield with a few young pieces ready to come through
4. Sydney - Still one of the best teams of the competition
5. Geelong - A-graders are elite, the depth isn't; still good enough to win 14 games or so
6. Melbourne - Bit of a bolter, but they have a bit of talent
7. Hawthorn - Bit of a slider, but they have kept onto some stars, depends how Roughead will play
8. St Kilda - I think their fast style of play will catch sides off guard. Have found replacements for Riewoldt
9. Fremantle - They'll come up with more luck with injuries, still not sure they're good enough to match it with the risers and the quality sides
10. Port - Could throw a blanket over 9th-14th as you could in most years, Port are my random pick of the second best of the flawed NQR sides
11. North - And here's my third, losing Harvey, Dal Santo and Wells will hurt, even though it was the right move long term
12. Richmond - Here's my fourth, Prestia and Caddy are good gets, but does the side have any depth?
13. West Coast - No Naitanui, looked slow and old in the finals series
14. Essendon - Talented, Paris, Francis and McGrath, lack depth though, apart from Hurley, don't have much of a backline (presuming Hooker plays forward)
15. Collingwood - Unbalanced side, not enough help for Pendlebury
16. Carlton - They're improving, but this will take time
17. Gold Coast - They'll be talented, but green. I expect a performance similar to their 1st and 2nd years in the competition
18. Brisbane - They're improving, but it will take a bit longer than Carlton

Last edited:
17. Gold Coast - they'll be talented, but green. I expect a performance similar to their 1st and 2nd years in the competition

Gold Coast will be way ahead of many other teams on ladder than you have them.

Any side with spine they got, midfielders and flankers of their ilk with a little bit more luck on injury front will be playing finals in 2017.
Nothing surer.

Gold Coast will be way ahead of many other teams on ladder than you have them.

Any side with spine they got, midfielders and flankers of their ilk with a little bit more luck on injury front will be playing finals in 2017.
Nothing surer.

They're going to be playing a lot of kids this season, don't be surprised if they get tired at the end of the season and Eade decides to tank a tad. At maximum, I see them winning eight games, that's if the season goes really well, which is about a 12th-14th finish.

They're going to be playing a lot of kids this season, don't be surprised if they get tired at the end of the season and Eade decides to tank a tad. At maximum, I see them winning eight games, that's if the season goes really well, which is about a 12th-14th finish.

You will be in for a surprise then in 2017 season.

8. St Kilda - I think their fast style of play will catch sides off guard. Have found replacements for Riewoldt
If you think we played fast this year, apparently the additions of Carlisle and Brown (in turn freeing up Dempster in particular to play more of a 3rd-up/intercepting role again) means we're now training an even more attacking/aggressive/fast-paced style, and will also be able to press up closer to goal than we did this year, as we won't have to look to protect our backline like we did this year (when it was so undersized).

We'll be able to play more the way we really want to, which ought to be helpful.

Agreed. People in general expect the status quo even though history tells them the one constant is actually change. The challenge to predict is that amount of change once you get that.

I rate it worse than trying to do a weather forecast 7 to 10 days out.
You got little chance of getting it right.
For the fun of it have a very rough stab at this early stage after trades done and national draft over.

End of home and away ladder

GWS
Geelong
Bulldogs
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney
St.Kilda
Adelaide

Richmond
Hawthorn
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Carlton
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Brisbane
Essendon
Fremantle

I am expecting Melbourne to pass a few sides going downhill such as North and Hawks.
I still give Hawks, tigers, Suns and Pies a chance of making the bottom end of final 8 but at this stage favour Crows and Saints just keep them out. However I think for Saints they are just rising this year then take a step back when Nick Riewoldt and Montagna retire. Melbourne, like the Dogs a couple of years back, are on a genuine rise. They may not rise as much as I expect next year but they got enough young talent that played together for 2 or 3 years to start to produce more consistently. Think the Swans will miss Tom Mitchell a little but they will not drop out of finals any time soon. Crows just treading water, Eagles added some depth and got a smart coach in Simpson so every chance they make top 4 again after falling back last season. Tigers will rise a few spots now Cotchin has some genuine midfield help in Prestia but Caddy is only younger the Deledio, not better so their improvement just marginal for next year.

I fully expect 2 to 3 teams I will be out by up to 6 places on ladder.
For the premiership GWS are team to beat for next 5 years with talent they have.
Only Steve Johnson suspension stopped them making their first grand final.
Dogs should be contenders again. Geelong need a few changes to be a serious contender . Would not surprise me if they made top 4 again and found themselves short on prelim final day like they did this year v Sydney.

There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back