2017 || Let's construct our best 22 || Part 3: Forward 6

Our best forward unit of six?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. I reckon he's best suited to a HFF, and would be an ideal option when fit.
Direct competition with Petracca and I like Trac better in that spot as the Dusty-style make something from nothing.

I'd like Bernie on the HFF with Petracca on the pine - but will have to be the other way around
I do like the idea of having Vince on the HFF, but purely as a rotation. Petracca and Kent would be the preferred HFFs I'd imagine which I like nonetheless, because we've seen that they both have proven ability as forwards compared to someone like Vince who I just see playing forward as a rotation. Players like Vince, Salem and Lewis for example I think we can really use to our advantage this year on the outside in a flexibility sense because we can play them all at HB, Wing and HF. I like them all as a rotation at HF specifically because we can really use their ball use going I50 which I've mentioned before.

It's going to be bloody tough to settle on four interchange players, that's for sure.
I think the last spot that we'll have on the bench will divide a lot of opinion. I think Salem, Stretch and Brayshaw would most likely get a spot on the bench. That last spot could really go either way though and I think a lot of us will take into account what we may need in a particular part of the ground. Will be very interesting indeed.

That was bloody tough.

HF: Petracca Watts Bugg
FF: Garlett Hogan Weed

Bugg's my favourite player because he's funny; based on this I'm tipping a breakout season for him.
Pedo will be overtaken by Weedy by the end of the year (hopefully), moyaswell throw him in early- didn't seem to hurt Oscar McDonald too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was bloody tough.

HF: Petracca Watts Bugg
FF: Garlett Hogan Weed

Bugg's my favourite player because he's funny; based on this I'm tipping a breakout season for him.
Pedo will be overtaken by Weedy by the end of the year (hopefully), moyaswell throw him in early- didn't seem to hurt Oscar McDonald too much.

Didn't hurt omacs development but it certainly cost us a lot of goals early on

Not sure what your insuating Pedo is our second best marking forward and our best back up ruck
He also puts on more forward pressure than watts and hogan combined
I'm tired of him taking a mark of the year contender then missing the goal. Also I'm really not "insinuating" anything. I'm saying stuff in an upfront manner and being totally clear and all.

I don't think he offers that much as back up ruck. Watts was fine in the role. I do like Pedo's effort and endeavour generally and he has turned himself through sheer effort into a much better player than I initially thought he would. At the same time I will be very pleased once we cease selecting him altogether because it will mean that we are finally a proper team and a finals contender rather than a team that has to make do with plugging gaps with Pedo types. I get that he is much loved and all but I just don't think he is good enough to be selected as part of a good team. He's a good VFL forward, or even an okay role player for a cellar dweller. He knows this, I'm sure.

Also he stepped on my foot at lunar park last year. The Weed doesn't step on people. He's a nice young man who looks where he is going.

I'm tired of him taking a mark of the year contender then missing the goal. Also I'm really not "insinuating" anything. I'm saying stuff in an upfront manner and being totally clear and all.

I don't think he offers that much as back up ruck. Watts was fine in the role. I do like Pedo's effort and endeavour generally and he has turned himself through sheer effort into a much better player than I initially thought he would. At the same time I will be very pleased once we cease selecting him altogether because it will mean that we are finally a proper team and a finals contender rather than a team that has to make do with plugging gaps with Pedo types. I get that he is much loved and all but I just don't think he is good enough to be selected as part of a good team. He's a good VFL forward, or even an okay role player for a cellar dweller. He knows this, I'm sure.

Also he stepped on my foot at lunar park last year. The Weed doesn't step on people. He's a nice young man who looks where he is going.

All of that's true but we are talking about round 1 2017 not 2018/19/20
As of right now I very much doubt that Weed has overtaken Pedo, now goody will probably select weed because he has shown a tendency to do that but it's my opinion that Pedo is more reliable in that role than weed
Hogan is such a dominant figure that you don't need someone kicking 4 or 5 goals you need someone who leads to the right spot and helps in the ruck. Weed was regularly getting in other forwards way and bringing his man to hogan or watts contest, also Pedo hits packs harder than hogan and I love that

All of that's true but we are talking about round 1 2017 not 2018/19/20
As of right now I very much doubt that Weed has overtaken Pedo, now goody will probably select weed because he has shown a tendency to do that but it's my opinion that Pedo is more reliable in that role than weed
Hogan is such a dominant figure that you don't need someone kicking 4 or 5 goals you need someone who leads to the right spot and helps in the ruck. Weed was regularly getting in other forwards way and bringing his man to hogan or watts contest, also Pedo hits packs harder than hogan and I love that
Problem is I just don't really see Pedo as the solution to finally beat the Saints. I also think what he's most reliable at is not kicking very many goals, which isn't ideal in a forward. What I would really like is to select some other guy altogether, but what I have in mind isn't really on our list.

I think my real problem is that I'm getting depressed in advance for round 1 because, unless Lewis brings some kind of magical steadying influence - which is possible, I don't see any reason at all why we suddenly win this time.

Back