Strategy 2017 || Let's construct our best 22 || Part 4: Interchange (and emergencies)

Our best four to make up the interchange?

• Total voters
May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Part 1 (midfielders) can be found here.
Part 2 (defenders) can be found here.
Part 3 (forwards) can be found here.

The last poll (forward six) produced the following results:

1. Jack Watts - 66 (100.0%)
2. Jesse Hogan - 65 (98.5%)
3. Jeff Garlett - 63 (95.5%)
4. Christian Petracca - 59 (89.4%)
5. Dean Kent - 58 (87.9%)
6. Cam Pedersen - 38 (57.6%)

7. Sam Weideman - 17 (25.8%)
8. Aaron vandenBerg - 7 (10.6%)
9. Ben Kennedy - 6 (9.1%)
10. Angus Brayshaw - 4 (6.1%)
11. Christian Salem - 2 (3.0%)
11. Jay Kennedy-Harris - 2 (3.0%)
13. Billy Stretch - 1 (1.5%) #backbilly
13. Mitch Hannan - 1 (1.5%)
13. Tomas Bugg - 1 (1.5%)
13. Tim Smith - 1 (1.5%)

I've taken the liberty of positioning those six on the field, leaving us with:

FB || Neville Jetta | Oscar McDonald | Tom McDonald
HB || Jayden Hunt | Sam Frost | Michael Hibberd
C || Jordan Lewis | Clayton Oliver | Dom Tyson
HF || Christian Petracca | Jesse Hogan | Dean Kent
FF || Jeff Garlett | Cam Pedersen | Jack Watts
R || Max Gawn | Nathan Jones | Jack Viney
INT || Nick Smith | Nick Smith | Nick Smith | Nick Smith

E || Nick Smith | Nick Smith | Nick Smith

In this (fourth and final) poll, we're selecting our interchange, so:
  • 4x interchange
  • And the next three in the poll will make up the emergency list
Assume all players are fully fit. Apologies to Liam Hulett, Mitch King, Pat McKenna, Lachlan Filipovic and Corey Maynard, who couldn't fit into the poll. Enjoy! :footy:

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
I went:

INT: Salem - Stretch - Brayshaw - Melksham
E: Vince - vandenBerg - Harmes

EDIT: Also, a reminder of our team from this time last year:

B: Neville Jetta | Lynden Dunn (vc) | Colin Garland
HB: Christian Salem | Tom McDonald | Tomas Bugg
C: Dom Tyson | Bernie Vince | Angus Brayshaw
HF: Christian Petracca | Cam Pedersen | Dean Kent
F: Jeff Garlett | Jesse Hogan | Jack Watts
R: Max Gawn | Nathan Jones (c) | Jack Viney
I/C: Aaron vandenBerg | Sam Frost | Jack Grimes | James Harmes

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Also went the same as the folk above. Hopefully Goodwin is taking notes. Leave your milkshake in the yard.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I had Milkshake instead of Vince.

I fell dirty now, i need to wash

Watching some games from last year over the Christmas break and noticed some ordinary form from Bernie. A victim of his own high standards, but if he replicates some of that poor form I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the side.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty straight forward this one.

I had Milkshake instead of Vince.

I fell dirty now, i need to wash

Vince won't miss round 1 but reckon Melksham will play, Goody loves him and we have a couple guys who may miss with injury.

Watching some games from last year over the Christmas break and noticed some ordinary form from Bernie. A victim of his own high standards, but if he replicates some of that poor form I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of the side.

If we keep playing him in defence for some reason he will be lucky to get another contract for 2018.

Be interesting to see what our side looks like in round 1 because I think Kent and Tyson must have big injury clouds, especially Kent. If those two missed round 1 I'd say Harmes and Melksham play.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Simply put, one can't not pick Stretch and Salem. Stretch offers that gut running off the wing. Salem has the best kick at the club bar Lewis.
I picked Gus because I think he can offer some inside grunt, but I wouldn't be slightly surprised that if it comes down to Gus vs Melksham, Goody will pick Melksham to start with. For Gus to become an elite midfielder, he will have to develop an outside game to compliment his suicide attack on the footy as he has great pace and good skills. Obviously it is ideal to give Gus 22 games this year development wise but he's gonna have to display good form otherwise he
Vince was the other but I can definitely see Harmes replacing him this year. Both good marks, Harmes more pace and Vince is a liability in defence.
In fact, I think Pedo, Lewis, Tyson, Garlett all have debatable job security given the depth in our list. If one of them isn't performing well there will definitely be someone in the VFL to replace them. Untouchables are Viney, Jones(it's a given he will put everything in week in week out anyway), Gawn, Hogan, Watts, Jetta, TMac, and Petracca and Oliver

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Simply put, one can't not pick Stretch and Salem. Stretch offers that gut running off the wing. Salem has the best kick at the club bar Lewis.
I picked Gus because I think he can offer some inside grunt, but I wouldn't be slightly surprised that if it comes down to Gus vs Melksham, Goody will pick Melksham to start with. For Gus to become an elite midfielder, he will have to develop an outside game to compliment his suicide attack on the footy as he has great pace and good skills. Obviously it is ideal to give Gus 22 games this year development wise but he's gonna have to display good form otherwise he
Vince was the other but I can definitely see Harmes replacing him this year. Both good marks, Harmes more pace and Vince is a liability in defence.
In fact, I think Pedo, Lewis, Tyson, Garlett all have debatable job security given the depth in our list. If one of them isn't performing well there will definitely be someone in the VFL to replace them. Untouchables are Viney, Jones(it's a given he will put everything in week in week out anyway), Gawn, Hogan, Watts, Jetta, TMac, and Petracca and Oliver

Interesting, i have Tyson as a very important part of our midfield

Back