2017 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Reuben's career is done. Unfortunate really I think he would've flourished had he been picked up by another club
Are you serious? What other club would have given him the free ride he has enjoyed over his time at the Lions? He has been nurtured to an inch of his life, mentored by some of the best and supported through his development years more than any other player I have seen.
Is that the issue maybe?
Fascinated by your comments and would love to hear some more details as to how he would have flourished in another club. Please share.

Are you serious? What other club would have given him the free ride he has enjoyed over his time at the Lions? He has been nurtured to an inch of his life, mentored by some of the best and supported through his development years more than any other player I have seen.
Is that the issue maybe?
Fascinated by your comments and would love to hear some more details as to how he would have flourished in another club. Please share.
Off field I've heard.

I wouldn't say his career is done just yet. I know its on shakey ground but he has all the attributes to become an AFL footballer except for the dedication to the job to get there. (same as many other talented young men) It has NOTHING to do with ANYONE except Rueben. He needs to put his head down & arse up & stop expecting someone else to do his work for him. He needs to stop being the party boy and act like a professional and get stuck in. Its that simple for Rueben but it's in nobody else's hands other than him. Lets hope that happens sooner rather than later as time is running out.

Its not the case. Far from it. Disappointed anyone would start such a crock of BS. His family support has been A1.
Not talking about family bud. Proofs in the pudding his commitment compared to his teammates is slack. Hasn't bought into the Fagan era like everyone else. He'll be gone by years end.

William "rested".
Reads like discipline for the drink driving charge to me. And a wake-up call.

Think Reuben's career is done. Unfortunate really I think he would've flourished had he been picked up by another club
You might know something I don't, but no development program would be making decisions on players until after the NEAFL finals. He has time to redeem himself. Let's hope he does. We need his pace.

Not talking about family bud. Proofs in the pudding his commitment compared to his teammates is slack. Hasn't bought into the Fagan era like everyone else. He'll be gone by years end.
So when you say: QUOTE: Nothing to do with the club not doing enough. "Influences from home that wouldn't be around interstate."...what do you mean cause I'm confused. (not hard to confuse me lately) I take that as there are negative influences in his home life that have stunted his progress.

I think he meant more like unhealthy/unhelpful social contacts from before being drafted eg partying mates etc ... and that if he was not in Brisbane they wouldn't be a factor and the new friends down wherever would be more in tune with him being a professional.

I think he meant more like unhealthy/unhelpful social contacts from before being drafted eg partying mates etc ... and that if he was not in Brisbane they wouldn't be a factor and the new friends down wherever would be more in tune with him being a professional.
I mean it's kinda obvious... Players do hang around people who aren't from the club or are family. Have heard some unsavoury things about his social life... More so his 'friends'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I'm not sure if it would have made a difference long term. If his commitment isn't there, it isn't there.

It might be a community issue - there has been accepted community challenges in the in indigenous players that the league has worked to help with.

Nope. However he's from a multicultural background, and Gadzorks comment has merits.
Rueben has been in this country since he was 3. He has an extremely vague recollection of when he was in Sudan however considers himself an Aussie. Nunez is spot on when he says if his commitment is not there, persisting with him will be fruitless regardless of addressing community challenges that may be present.(which there are not) He has been given more than his share of support/opportunities/advice/assistance. At the end of the day, if he doesn't want to do the hard work, he will never come up. If he is serious about playing footy at the highest level, these last couple of weeks should have woken him up & its "all in" from now. Fingers crossed he's "all in".

Rueben has been in this country since he was 3. He has an extremely vague recollection of when he was in Sudan however considers himself an Aussie. Nunez is spot on when he says if his commitment is not there, persisting with him will be fruitless regardless of addressing community challenges that may be present.(which there are not) He has been given more than his share of support/opportunities/advice/assistance. At the end of the day, if he doesn't want to do the hard work, he will never come up. If he is serious about playing footy at the highest level, these last couple of weeks should have woken him up & its "all in" from now. Fingers crossed he's "all in".

Sometimes it takes the fear of loss to stare you in the eye before you truly work hard. William had a truckload of talent. Let's all hope he utilizes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back