2017 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well at least we only lost the quarter by 2 pts. That last one a pt, not a goal. Josh Clayton developing an inside game one of the few positives so far.

Not sure of the wisdom of playing Ballenden when we're crying out for more run. Improved effort from William that quarter, but he still has a fair way to go. Can't see us winning the premiership if we keep playing like this.

According to Sydney Uni's twitter if Giants win the last quarter by two goals or more, Uni will finish above you guys on 2nd. However I wonder if that's not a bad thing as 2nd gets a week off next week and then would have to front up for finals when the senior team is done for the year.

According to Sydney Uni's twitter if Giants win the last quarter by two goals or more, Uni will finish above you guys on 2nd. However I wonder if that's not a bad thing as 2nd gets a week off next week and then would have to front up for finals when the senior team is done for the year.

Not really confident on their mathematics there. Sure, it's a tough job maintaining a percentage of 160 or so, but I think we'd need to lose by a bit more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they had 100 more disposals 400 to 300, yet we lost the tackle count 69 to 65. Campbell Walker leads our tackle count with 8 tackles and he tackles like he means it. An academy player! God I love the way he plays. Some of Hanley's and Cox's tackles were poor, they don't pin the arms and tackle with enough vigour. Tackling needs serious work.

So they had 100 more disposals 400 to 300, yet we lost the tackle count 69 to 65. Campbell Walker leads our tackle count with 8 tackles and he tackles like he means it. An academy player! God I love the way he plays. Some of Hanley's and Cox's tackles were poor, they don't pin the arms and tackle with enough vigour. Tackling needs serious work.

Campbell's an u19s academy player, I wonder if he's a chance for a rookie spot. Been very good for us all year.

Does anyone know who is eligible for the finals from the senior team. I would guess Close, Beams n Allison....not sure about J Walker or Witho or Keays or Schacke

Campbell's an u19s academy player, I wonder if he's a chance for a rookie spot. Been very good for us all year.
Yeah, I agree with you. Was asking that last week. He came back from an ACL, I believe. Offers more than Grewar and Hanley in my book. Bit underwhelmed by our rookies today, except for Eagles. Hammer didn't do much. Decent last quarter from William, but not good early. Hinge tries hard but not sure that he has enough class. Will be interesting to see how they all go in the finals.

Last edited:
I have: Allison, Hamma, JJ, Skinner, Dawson, Grewar, Hanley, Lyons, Jono, Clayton, Eagles, Hinge, Oscar, Reubs, Paps, Archie, Claye, Cedric, RoBew, Close, Keays and Schache all eligible for finals selection. Only 16 will be allowed to play the Semi if it's against a non-AFL side.

I have: Allison, Hamma, JJ, Skinner, Dawson, Grewar, Hanley, Lyons, Jono, Clayton, Eagles, Hinge, Oscar, Reubs, Paps, Archie, Claye, Cedric, RoBew, Close, Keays and Schache all eligible for finals selection. Only 16 will be allowed to play the Semi if it's against a non-AFL side.
That's 22. Plus Jack Frost, who seems to have disappeared, from club injury lists, at least.

Here's hoping we play Gold Coast so they can all play. We've never played with 6 top ups this year. Do you know what happened to Sam Copland? Is he injured? Was impressive early in the season, we could do with him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back