Not open for further replies.

No, they won.
hqdefault.jpg

BrizzyBandit

Premium Platinum
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Awesome game.... Eagles dominated.... Keays was very good.... goals, clearances, possessions.... was always going to get it.....

But Eagles had the biggest impact.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Eagles was crucial in the last quarter and played a key role all night. He looked really composed back there. He has come a long way this season. He came in as an very raw ruckman but finishes as an improving defender. It would be some sort of story for him to get another year...and well done to him if he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Just got back from the game... that was a sensational evening. Went into the rooms afterwards which really reminded me of Fitzroy days at the junction oval. Great to see Christensen and Dayne Beams there and the boys getting into the beers. And Fagan was there but keeping a low profile,
which impressed me.

I thought it was either Eagles or Ben Keays for the medal, and although there were huge cries for Eagles from the Lions supporters at the ground, Ben Keays had a super game, winning clearances, gut running and kicking 2 goals. Our back line won us the game, but there was also better pressure from the midfielders up the field. Hinge, Hanley, Rueben William and Dawson all stood up when required. Eagles was superb reading the play, but the Swans seemed to kick it to him most of the day. A strong game from Ballenden and Payne competed well. We won it in the third, the premiership quarter. A fantastic effort. We did fade a bit in the last, but when it mattered we had it in our forward line. Hard to mark the ball at night and our crumbing forwards won it for us, Grewar, Keays, and Beams. Also great efforts from Jansen, Allison, everyone really, all the academy boys. Good run from Cox. Pity that Hammer missed with a hammy he did on Thursday, but it probably worked in our favour having another runner.

I sat behind Oscar's parents in the second half and they were rapt because Oscar lost a GF last year. His dad spoke very highly of Fages and Noble.

Well I'm stoked. Fabulous. Now let's get a premiership in the ones!

Last edited:
Good signs for where we are headed. I am hoping Keays can be a bit of a Mitchell type. Stuggled to crack the seniors and was kept in the NEAFL to work on his game. Then he cracked onto the scene in a big way. Hope it is the same for Benny.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fantastic result for a fantastic season. Unrecognisable from last years team. Really happy for Matty Eagles who has proven he wasn't just a gimmick. Can only be good for the club this kind of result - brings satisfaction into the four walls and players can sense the club is going places.

Nice to hear Fagan was there but staying in the back ground. Also great that a Brisbane boy with Fitzroy connections in Ben Keays got best on ground. He will have a big part to play in the success of our club in the years to come.

And nice of Port Adelaide and that clown Polec put the cream on the cake last night.

I am lucky to have an understanding wife. Our wedding anniversary andI had the Port WCE game on tv and my phone in my hand watching the lions play. Who says men can't do 2things at once? What a night!

Thought you were going to say THREE things at once...Ahem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back