2017 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cian had a couple of solid tackling efforts in a row followed by a smothering attempt in the space of 30 seconds. Not as far behind as I thought he'd be in his first game back.

How is Matt Eagles going?
Anyone know?
Not getting a lot of the ball but his defensive work has been fairly solid. Him and Walker make a surprisingly effective pair.

Edit: saying that I'm not sure I've seen him through much of the third quarter.

Last edited:

HT in the #neafl practice game. @LionsNEAFL lead @GoldCoastSUNS 5.6(36) to 3.4(22). Reuben William has two goals for the Lions.

Lions NEAFL twitter says it's the other way around though o_O

.@neaflofficial watch: Archie Smith v Currie/Nicholls has been even, but intriguing. Jarrod Berry has been very good. Brodie amongst it too.

Going to be really impressive if Cian can earn another contract after spending his first two years on the LTI. Still, the club's obviously very into him.

Wish I was watching. Had to watch the sydney game with my bro in law at the pub. Hopefully will make the 4th.

Too bad they only played three quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you agree with the assertion that Jarrod Berry was "very good"? Also with 2 goals for Reuben I assume he played in the forward line like Mr Ripper mentioned he played in the other NEAFL practice matches. How did he go up there in your eyes?
Berry was alright, didn't get a huge amount of it I thought. Reuben was dangerous in the first half, probably could have had a few more goals. His pace and agility is noticeable compared against our group of one paced players.

It was a fairly patchy performance by most out there and we did nothing in the last quarter and a bit. Corey Lyons was busy in patches, fairly nuggety type. Freeman couldn't catch a cold out there.

Thought Reuben looked good from the two quarters I saw
Roughly where would you have him in the selection pecking order? I know he is a fair way off being a complete player ready for consistent senior selection, however, I do feel our side desperately lacks the kind of pace and physicality that he could add.

Only got to see the third and last qtr. Cedric cox has the smarts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roughly where would you have him in the selection pecking order? I know he is a fair way off being a complete player ready for consistent senior selection, however, I do feel our side desperately lacks the kind of pace and physicality that he could add.

I'd have him in over Keays at the moment off the small bits I saw of him today.

Couple of really solid defensive efforts. Would have loved to watch more of the game

is there anywhere you could watch a replay of the game? the suns had a pretty good side in, would really love to see how Berry, Cox, William, Hanley went and how Josh Walker went as a KPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back