2017 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biting-Your-Nails.gif

Any comments on grewar and hanley?
Nothing much on Grewar. Can't say he stood out. Hanley was OK. Kicking motion looks good but hitting a target was a different story.

Overall it was like watching the seniors. No use of space, flat footed, handballs to disadvantage.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I guess we shouldnt be suprised at this result due to the lack of experiance and maturity of the GWS team. You just cant expect a side made up of so many 17 year old kids to compete against a side made up of 18 afl listed players, including a number of guys with considerable AFL experiance. The young kids in the GWS side just havent done the preseasons in the gym and on the track to be able to go against the more mature bodies. Thye also dont get to spend as much time on the track together learning game plans and strategies, much less the ability to stick to them under pressure. No the GWS team can hold their heads high today. They gave it a fair crack. No shame in losing to this impresive Lions outfit.

Seriously we are lucky to win. What an insipid performance. I cant even......

I guess we shouldnt be suprised at this result due to the lack of experiance and maturity of the GWS team. You just cant expect a side made up of so many 17 year old kids to compete against a side made up of 18 afl listed players, including a number of guys with considerable AFL experiance. The young kids in the GWS side just havent done the preseasons in the gym and on the track to be able to go against the more mature bodies. Thye also dont get to spend as much time on the track together learning game plans and strategies, much less the ability to stick to them under pressure. No the GWS team can hold their heads high today. They gave it a fair crack. No shame in losing to this impresive Lions outfit.

Seriously we are lucky to win. What an insipid performance. I cant even......

I didn't realise you were at spotless to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back