Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice for us, but cant see Adelaide paying that much.

Crows may pay 16 and 27 or 10 alone. Even then it's a stretch. If so I'd take 16 and 27.

Then Giants will ask for 16 so we may have to ask for something back again.

True, when it comes to attracting players - we're still the Josh Bootsma of the league.

No, I needed you to tell me. Thx.
Oh dear ... seriously are you that depressed about missing out on Smith and Saad!! Gosh, get a grip.
Both players are Meh!!!

We've had an extremely promising young midfielder nominate us as his choice of club!!

BTW teams no player has nominated yet ...
Adelaide
West coast
Freo
Gold Coast
Sydney
GWS
North
Saints
Tigers
Collingwood
Hawks

Oh dear ... seriously are you that depressed about missing out on Smith and Saad!! Gosh, get a grip.
Both players are Meh!!!

We've had an extremely promising young midfielder nominate us as his choice of club!!

BTW teams no player has nominated yet ...
Adelaide
West coast
Freo
Gold Coast
Sydney
GWS
North
Saints
Tigers
Collingwood
Hawks
I think people have been a little spoiled by our last few years.

A few of the guys in the media with good list manager sources not involved in this particular trade. The consensus seems to be that he is worth a reasonably high second round pick. GWS won't get a pick like 16 for him.

Feels like something around 20 is the mark. Wonder if they will want 16 and something back.

What's your thoughts on him HBF? I certainly haven't seen anywhere near the amount of him as recruiters have but some of the vision of him available he appears to be able to find the footy but his disposal is only fair? Looks like he loops the ball when kicking and when he does put some power into his kicks he doesn't hit the target often enough.

What's your thoughts on him HBF? I certainly haven't seen anywhere near the amount of him as recruiters have but some of the vision of him available he appears to be able to find the footy but his disposal is only fair? Looks like he loops the ball when kicking and when he does put some power into his kicks he doesn't hit the target often enough.
Look again. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, when it comes to attracting players - we're still the Josh Bootsma of the league.

I think that describes some of our fans being upset about losing out on average players. If you're willing to whip it out for every girl you'll never attract the right type.

Better to attract and land the right sort and mingle with the others than risk infection. In this regard Essenson are Bootsma-ing and we're doing the opposite.

Not every player is cut out to be a Blue.

You're obviously happy for them to remain cellar dwellers for who knows how many years. I remember Trigg saying that they were going to be aggressive at the trade table. Big wigs Sticks and Juddy haven't influenced any players to come so far, must be something lacking with our presentation. I know there is still time to attract a quality midfielder, so time will tell I suppose. But just at the moment other clubs are trumping us.
Perhaps we are offering fair $$ to players who think they are worth more. An extra 50-100k would sway most young men. If other clubs want to pay more then let them.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone seen the Jiath kid play this year? Aced the kicking tests at the combine, he is apart of the Hawks NGA zone.

Here’s a list of our eligible players if anyone is interested.

CARLTON
Ethan Penrith (2017 draft eligible), Reservoir (club), Indigenous (background)
Artan Cabdi (2017), Heidelberg Heights, Multicultural
Nick Riebelt (2018), Eltham, Multicultural
Sunny Brazier (2018), North Fitzroy, Multicultural
Mitchell Wild (2018), South Morang, Indigenous
Michael Bozikis (2019), Fairfield, Multicultural
Paul Sidhu (2019), Mernda, Multicultural
Tochukwu Oparaocha (2019), Wollert, Multicultural
Cameron Wild (2019), South Morang, Indigenou

If crows got 18 for Cameron and offered us 16 & 18 for Gibbs would we do it?

Offer 18 for Kennedy & try to trade 16 to someone like cats for there 1st in next years draft.
We get to keep our 2nd round pick in very strong draft for next year.

We lose: Gibbs
We Gain: Kennedy, Another 1st round pick for 2018

It's looking like 10 and 27 from Adel, passed on by Melb. Then 27 on Kennedy and 10 used in draft. So we get three good young mids. Just my view. No rumour.
Adelaide will keep 10 unfortunately. more likly to give up 16 or 18(Cameron trade) with 27 or 27 and a fringe player

A few of the guys in the media with good list manager sources not involved in this particular trade. The consensus seems to be that he is worth a reasonably high second round pick. GWS won't get a pick like 16 for him.
That would depend on who we thought would be available with that pick and what other way we could get the deal done, maybe Kennedy and a later pick trumps pick 16 (that's if we even had it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back