Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Has anyone seen the Jiath kid play this year? Aced the kicking tests at the combine, he is apart of the Hawks NGA zone.

Here’s a list of our eligible players if anyone is interested.

CARLTON
Ethan Penrith (2017 draft eligible), Reservoir (club), Indigenous (background)
Artan Cabdi (2017), Heidelberg Heights, Multicultural
Nick Riebelt (2018), Eltham, Multicultural
Sunny Brazier (2018), North Fitzroy, Multicultural
Mitchell Wild (2018), South Morang, Indigenous
Michael Bozikis (2019), Fairfield, Multicultural
Paul Sidhu (2019), Mernda, Multicultural
Tochukwu Oparaocha (2019), Wollert, Multicultural
Cameron Wild (2019), South Morang, Indigenou

No, just no! Can you imagine the thousands of posts coming with incorrect spelling? We cant even get Cunningham's name spelt correctly.

BrisbaneCFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
If crows got 18 for Cameron and offered us 16 & 18 for Gibbs would we do it?

Offer 18 for Kennedy & try to trade 16 to someone like cats for there 1st in next years draft.
We get to keep our 2nd round pick in very strong draft for next year.

We lose: Gibbs
We Gain: Kennedy, Another 1st round pick for 2018

I would. Then I'd throw 3 and 16 at GCS for Tom Lynch and see if they jump. Then lock him down for the next 7 - 8 years if they do.

DEliades

All Australian
Mar 24, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
"Mounted a good case to the Crows to go home to where family and friends are. Bryce Gibbs might open something up and we’ll watch that."

That was a comment made by Colin Young (Charlie Cameron's Agent) on Trade Radio. Would tend to suggest that Bryce remains open to a trade and we may be open to exploring same

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Sam Gibson would be a good DFA/rookie for a season. Not to play seniors but just to give us some insurance in case a few bigger bodies go down. At VFL level he'd provide good for protection for Polson/Cuningham types who aren't quite ready yet.

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Sam Gibson would be a good DFA/rookie for a season. Not to play seniors but just to give us some insurance in case a few bigger bodies go down. At VFL level he'd provide good for protection for Polson/Cuningham types who aren't quite ready yet.

I like Gibson a lot, as a delisted FA he’s a bargain that could quite conceivably play for another 3-4 years considering he started in the AFL so late and been so durable since he started at North.

He’s the best DFA so far by the length of the Flemington straight. Quite shocked actually he’s been chopped.

BringBackSimmo

(Previously BringBackSOS)
Jul 12, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
I like Gibson a lot, as a delisted FA he’s a bargain that could quite conceivably play for another 3-4 years considering he started in the AFL so late and been so durable since he started at North.

He’s the best DFA so far by the length of the Flemington straight. Quite shocked actually he’s been chopped.

Yeah can't be too many players that play 130 consecutive games and than get delisted

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
The problem is he's 31, and while reliable, no world beater either.

In what is supposedly a weak draft it could be a good idea to take him on a one year deal to soak up a list spot and then next year bring in a kid on a two year deal.

It's all good getting in youth but if they aren't going to make it then there's no point. Trust SOS to work this out and if they won't aid us then he won't take them.

SafeAsMilk

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
What's your thoughts on him HBF? I certainly haven't seen anywhere near the amount of him as recruiters have but some of the vision of him available he appears to be able to find the footy but his disposal is only fair? Looks like he loops the ball when kicking and when he does put some power into his kicks he doesn't hit the target often enough.

That's almost how I would describe Dow (from the little I've seen).

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton

He’s form hasn’t dropped off probably get at least 2 or 3 years out of him (but would only offer yearly contracts) would be an upgrade on Graham, Buckley or Kerridge. Would also look to rookie Zac Clark as back up if we can’t find anyone else. I know we don’t need defender but any idea why Sam Collins would be delisted after 2 years looked ok.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
What's your thoughts on him HBF? I certainly haven't seen anywhere near the amount of him as recruiters have but some of the vision of him available he appears to be able to find the footy but his disposal is only fair? Looks like he loops the ball when kicking and when he does put some power into his kicks he doesn't hit the target often enough.

Interesting, have seen that comment on several occasions. I would call it weighted

And similar to constable

Although Rayner and LDU may have a better X-Factor, 2 minute highlight reel, they both struggle to stay involved like the previous 2

Having said that, would be happy with Rayner

Dow is another that offers a great point of difference

Bluesilver

Draftee
Sep 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
With talk of possibly trading pick 3 because a "weak draft" what do you all think of this trade:

Carlton trade pick 3 & 39 to GWS
For Matthew Kennedy & Wil Setterfield and pick 23

Setterfield is contracted for 2018 however you know we rate him as we placed a bid for him and this will add to our midfield depth and we get a back into the draft in the second round.

FairKouta

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2016
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
With talk of possibly trading pick 3 because a "weak draft" what do you all think of this trade:

Setterfield is contracted for 2018 however you know we rate him as we placed a bid for him and this will add to our midfield depth and we get a back into the draft in the second round.
I want setterfield

ScottoP

Debutant
Sep 10, 2017
Whilst we can call Smith nominating the Dons as a "failure" on Carlton's behalf... whose to say it wasn't a matter of SOS said something like "Devon, we're keen, we see a good mid-fwd role for you, we're willing to go as high as $420k-per for 3 years. What do you think?" and Devon said "no way, man, I can get $600k from the Bombers!" and SOS went "OK, good luck mate".

Showing interest and not securing does not necessarily equate to a failure.

Apart from saying Smith nominating Essendon is a failure for Carlton I totally agree he's not worth 600k plus and not worth a 1st rd draft pick! Glad we missed....

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings

Interested to know how Setterfield's game rates against the likes of LDU, Rayner, Dow and Cerra.

He's definitely someone SOS will continually pester over the coming years, guaranteed.

Carl Tone

All Australian
May 7, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

10 years between your last two posts?
At that rate you'd be hoping BF is still around in 2027...

No1Suspect

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2010
In the shadows
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting, have seen that comment on several occasions. I would call it weighted

And similar to constable

Although Rayner and LDU may have a better X-Factor, 2 minute highlight reel, they both struggle to stay involved like the previous 2

Having said that, would be happy with Rayner

Dow is another that offers a great point of difference

Recon we could do with Dows pace through the midfield now we have Kennedy coming over!

Take away pick 23 and GWS have something to consider. As it is we're bending them over in that type of trade.

Dravid's in

All Australian
May 10, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Whilst we can call Smith nominating the Dons as a "failure" on Carlton's behalf... whose to say it wasn't a matter of SOS said something like "Devon, we're keen, we see a good mid-fwd role for you, we're willing to go as high as $420k-per for 3 years. What do you think?" and Devon said "no way, man, I can get $600k from the Bombers!" and SOS went "OK, good luck mate".

Showing interest and not securing does not necessarily equate to a failure.

Essendon have offered 550k a year over 4 years according to Mick Gleeson in The Age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back