Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I also like Cerra but don't rate Constable at all atm. Over time he may become a gun but in my eyes he has the most work to do on improving multiple parts of his game.
I think Kennedy, Lang, Schache, Cerra and Constable will be at the Blues in 2018.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gibbs out, Kennedy and Lang are definites, Schache not sure?? We
might also get in another mid like an Anthony Miles type for cover??
SOS is about to weave his magic tomorrow, really hope he nails it

We'd have to go Dow wouldnt we? Pure mid with decent speed is exactly what we need. With Kennedy coming in as well?

Lang is pretty quick.

Cerra has nice size and looks like he will grow another few cm, really clean with the footy, plays with aggression and is a classier user.

Need to keep surrounding our smaller brigade with bigger bodied mids.

Cripps, Kennedy and Cerra, perhaps Curnow.

Am I the only one who isn't keen on Lang at all? I can't see him ever becoming an A-grader..

Do we need/expect an A-grader from pick 58?

We can't complain about our bottom 6 on the field every weekend and then pass up a nice opportunity to make a significant upgrade in that area.

Lang and upgrade go together as well as Kim Jong-Un and Donald Trump.

I repeat if Geelong rated him whatsoever they'd do what they could to retain him. Kid is a spud.

Who was the last promising player that they willingly let go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I repeat if Geelong rated him whatsoever they'd do what they could to retain him. Kid is a spud.

Carrazzo, Laidler, Caddy, Hamling, Christensen, Varcoe

Carrazzo, Laidler, Caddy, Hamling, Christensen, Varcoe

Caddy demanded a trade.

Varcoe was 26. Not a kid.

Christensen slept with a teammates wife.

Hamling, Carrots, Laidler couldn't get a game. All willingly left for opportunity. All had superior players blocking their path to the best 22.

Lang played a bulk of the season and wants to be a Geelong player. Yet isn't good enough for them to make an effort to retain. Completely different scenario than any of the others.

Wick, you of all people know that it is difficult to just pick the eyes out of a list and attract their A graders. Lang has talent, if he only remains a B grader. he would play a fair bit of footy in any side. It all comes down to what we give up and if that is a 3rd/4th rounder, it is a good deal

Gibbs to Adel for pick 12 (Cameron) and 16
Also Adel 2- 2018 1st round pick (Melb and Adel) for Carlton 2018 1st round.
Pick 16 to GWS for Kennedy and pick 27.

Next years draft is not one we should be willing to gamble with, we could very easily end up with a top 3 pick and that would get us access to a potential franchise player.
Although we could get some extra value by trading our future 2019 pick next year, opposition team could still view us as very good chance to finish near the bottom end of the ladder, but I'm very optimistic that by 2019 we should really be starting to push up the ladder.

Wick, you of all people know that it is difficult to just pick the eyes out of a list and attract their A graders. Lang has talent, if he only remains a B grader. he would play a fair bit of footy in any side. It all comes down to what we give up and if that is a 3rd/4th rounder, it is a good deal

That's fair. I just don't see Geelong giving up valuable youngsters so easily without extenuating circumstances as easily as they are Darcy. It gives me massive red flags without the eye test.

If we get him as a consequence of a Lobbe trade or for a late pick I'll be satisfied as that becomes a free hit in all practicality.

My biggest concern is giving up something valuable. Ultimately, I see him as a younger placeholder and giving up something of value doesn't equate to that value.

In all seriousness, as I have been in the past, I hope that I'm wrong and will be the first to admit it. If we land him then I'll wish him well and support him. I wont cheer against him at all or hope for his failure.

Caddy demanded a trade.

Varcoe was 26. Not a kid.

Christensen slept with a teammates wife.

Hamling, Carrots, Laidler couldn't get a game. All willingly left for opportunity. All had superior players blocking their path to the best 22.

Lang played a bulk of the season and wants to be a Geelong player. Yet isn't good enough for them to make an effort to retain. Completely different scenario than any of the others.
Pretty sure Lang broke his leg this after being a regular all season for Geelong. They brought him back prematurely in the SF where he played very well. He then ran out of legs for the return match in the PF. He will be best 22 for us in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back