Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon if we're sure of Rockcliff coming to us, we may be happy to let Gibbs go.
We can then pick-up Kennedy etc with one of the picks we get for him and maybe even have another first rounder in hand to take to the draft.

Just makes too much sense.....for now.

Rockliff Kennedy Balic Saad plus Pick 3 & 10 and a few other good picks is a win IMO

Rockliff Kennedy Balic Saad plus Pick 3 & 10 and a few other good picks is a win IMO

That may be just a little bit of too good a win. :)

If we want Kennedy really cheap, we may have to accept one of those salary dumps.
The only issue with that is that we may have to offer another year to someone on their last year, just to get them across to help GWS.
We don't want to be using that extra salary we have flippantly (I know we won't) as next year and the year after is when we're really going to gun it for FA's.

That may be just a little bit of too good a win. :)

If we want Kennedy really cheap, we may have to accept one of those salary dumps.
The only issue with that is that we may have to offer another year to someone on their last year, just to get them across to help GWS.
We don't want to be using that extra salary we have flippantly (I know we won't) as next year and the year after is when we're really going to gun it for FA's.

I'm guessing gws are counting on a salary dump now

starting to look like we may be getting this rockliff joker - gotta hold our breath on his stupidity quotient - player's a rocket - if he puts in - we win big
Just wish he wasn't such a dick.

The talk of him having a really poor attitude/work ethic and being a bit of a flog in general puts me off.
IIRC Priddis had a bit of a public go at him?

Got some skills but i think he's one of those flaky players you can't rely on...a bit like Everitt.

Only 1 game so far and can't ahead of LeCras and Hill says a fair bit IMO.
The poor attitude is 100% true.
I used to work with one of his junior coaches and he confirmed this with me.

GWS have picks 23, 25, 63 & 69 in the draft. Apparently we are in to Kennedy & Smith. I wonder whether SOS would consider Kennedy Smith and 25 for Pick 10 especially if we are covering a salary? SOS wants to bring in as much young talent as possible. It would be 3 good young players for one pick. He may see someone at 25 that he thinks is worth it.

Current status:

Delisted/Retired: Gorringe Armfield Jaksch Sumner Sheehan Korcheck Gallucci (7)

Uncontracted: Thomas Simpson White Boekhurst Lamb Graham Buckley (7)

TBC: G-Mac?

Possible payout: Palmer Smedts

Possible Trade: Gibbs

GWS have picks 23, 25, 63 & 69 in the draft. Apparently we are in to Kennedy & Smith. I wonder whether SOS would consider Kennedy Smith and 25 for Pick 10 especially if we are covering a salary? SOS wants to bring in as much young talent as possible. It would be 3 good young players for one pick. He may see someone at 25 that he thinks is worth it.

But, but, but....Jaksch, Whiley and 19!!!

Don't mind it myself, but still doubtful we get 10 in the first place. Plenty would hinge on a medical for Smith, because 10 for Kennedy and 25 is a steep price if Devon's knees disintegrate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching replays of Footy Classified and Talking Footy and on both shows they mentioned that we were in the market for Rockliffe.. But on both shows they mentioned that we would be trading to get him... I thought he was a free agent, am i wrong or are these paid experts too busy making up stories to do 10 minutes of research.

Just finished watching replays of Footy Classified and Talking Footy and on both shows they mentioned that we were in the market for Rockliffe.. But on both shows they mentioned that we would be trading to get him... I thought he was a free agent, am i wrong or are these paid experts too busy making up stories to do 10 minutes of research.

He is a free agent and those buffoons have no idea.

Do not take much notice of list management talk until our season is over and what is available in the market.
Now it is over for us at least I am wondering if Devon Smith is available or has he signed up at GWS again?
I would be very very happy to get Devon Smith. A goal kicking mid/high half forward is just what we need in his age bracket for our front half. If we did a three way trade deal that involved letting Gibbs go for his wife's sake and getting Smith would be on board with that.
Also think Smith himself is a guy that wants more time in the midfield as too talented to just be stuck up forward.
Not sure what your seeing in Smith fair player yes averages just under a goal a game which is not much better than a full time midfielder . 20 goals is the most he's kicked in a season from 20 games injury prone im just not seeing too much upside here . For a lower pick maybe ?

Do not know what the cost will be but had my eye on him for a good two years, rated him highly and sounds like my question was answered by Waldron on radio and he is available.
Excellent!!!

I can see that happening also i cant see us getting Kennedy, smith any other way

I can see that happening also i cant see us getting Kennedy, smith any other way
As long as it's the lever/ade>gibbs pick and not 3 that get's it done. I'd love for SOS to somehow manufacture it out of something else and retain 3 AND 10 for the draft but that seems about as likely as the shinboner's offseason trade plan fixing everything at Arden St...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back