Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually we should be concerned since we also have a top pick...it would be different if our first pick was further down the order.
Very real possibility it means we miss out on the player we want at #3 if it gets pushed back to #4.

It's naive to think that draft manipulation doesn't occur, especially in a case like this where one club is gifting a pick to another club.

First Victorian pick in the draft is as good as pick 1, particularly if the clubs before you are QLD based.

Lang doesn't interest me in the slightest. Flaky, very outside and low-production. Would cost more than we'd want to give up too.

I'm still very keen on Miles and I think Balic is pretty attainable too.

Lang doesn't interest me in the slightest. Flaky, very outside and low-production. Would cost more than we'd want to give up too.

I'm still very keen on Miles and I think Balic is pretty attainable too.
Inception_LeoSquint.png

Just curious. Is everyone set on taking pick 3/4 to the draft? I'm not sure we shouldn't trade it for a ready made player.
Have been some suggestions to swap 3 (&?) for 7/8 then keep 7, use 8 for trade ins. I think the majority would put the kybosh on this. Me- unsure. Pick 8 plus Gibbs pick/s could give really open up possibilities this year or next.

Lang is still young (turns 22 in November), and does have good skills. Was injured at the start of the year, so pre-season was interrupted as far as I know.

Miles is a 'no' for me. Does get plenty of the pill, but his turnovers are why he struggles to get a gig in their senior team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure if this has been asked but does anyone know 100% whether for 1 Liam Hickmott will nominate father/son and 2 if SOS is keen on his services. Thanks in advance.

Pick 3 for Rockliff and shack?

Why not simply;

a. Get Rockcliff to nominate us
b. We negotiate with Brisbane a situation where they'll gain the 1st band priority pick
c. The difference between a band 1 and 2 is huge for Brisbane and they give us something back for minimal value: Schache.

It may sound like a 'no way' coming back from Brisbane, but they'd be miles in front as opposed to doing a trade for Schache and not getting the band 1

It's the top 5% from over 25, which could be 15 players, but probably more like 30. Top 5% of the league right now is over 40 names.

One thing you're not factoring in when you came up with that figure is that it's another year on, and that Dusty and Fyfe are adding to those names this season, not detracting from them. Riewoldt would be the only player dropping out of that bracket, maybe save for Ablett (if he hadn't already dropped down with his supposedly front-ended GC deal
Your post makes absolutely no sense, I don't even know how to reply to it. You're 100% wrong if you think 5% of players aged 25 and over is 30 players. You are basically suggesting approximately 80% of AFL listed players are 25 and older, playing lists are just simply not made like that. Band 1 compo i.e. 5% of earners would have him in the top 15 players over 24, and if that number isn't 15, then maybe it could stretch out to 16 and maybe even 17 in a freak year, but it is nowhere near your estimate.

Each year we get linked to multiple names, yet the reality is that we can only take on so many.
Question is; Who are the premium gets?

Seems to me that a lot may hinge on Gibbs and if we go through anything similar to last year with him, we may fall short of our objectives.
Can't see Rockcliff alone doing enough for us. There has to be more but more may only come about via Gibbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back