Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry, Charlie, Jack, Devon, Daisy, Darcy, Fish, Pickett, Billie.

Not sure if Carlton 2018 forward line or 19th century London gang of pickpockets.

Even funnier if we had recruited Brisbane's current coach...

Nope. People underestimate our coaching and the collective of the group.
You are right on the coaching and the group . They will improvise but if we lose Gibbs and dont bring in a readymade replacement it will probably mean a continuation of the ultra defensive game plan which has led to being competitive in most games . Hence delaying the progression to a more attacking style that will have to happen at some stage . If Cripps goes down my opinion strengthens tenfold .

So basically Gibbs is doing a Judd and making sure his old club gets a deal too go to refuse....or he stays

So if the crows win the flag it's pick 17 (GWS doesn't have one)
We take that and then what ?

Next years first ? A second rounder and fringe player OR an Atkins type (best 22 type player)

Gibbs is our last blue chip stock and I'm happy to hold it, but if we chose to cash out we MUST get maximum value

17 and 35 just doesn't do it for me.....

I'd say any player we get in trade would have to be a midfielder. Maybe a small forward pacey pest. We have some serious Key Position depth now.

I can't see us having both Kelly and Gibbs next year, but don't think we will be left with neither. Would be too massive a hole in the midfield.
I wonder if the Giants go out in straight sets that it will impact Kelly's decision to stay or go....

So basically Gibbs is doing a Judd and making sure his old club gets a deal too go to refuse....or he stays

So if the crows win the flag it's pick 17 (GWS doesn't have one)
We take that and then what ?

Next years first ? A second rounder and fringe player OR an Atkins type (best 22 type player)

Gibbs is our last blue chip stock and I'm happy to hold it, but if we chose to cash out we MUST get maximum value

17 and 35 just doesn't do it for me.....
any significance in the effort - or lack of effort - gibbs gave in that last game where so many observers suggested he had already checked out?

He's good Kelly but not sure he leaves a massive hole if we don't get him. We never had him.
I meant the hole would be big without both Gibbs and Kelly. Our midfield can't afford being weaker than it already is. If we move Gibbs on, I hope it is to get Kelly.

any significance in the effort - or lack of effort - gibbs gave in that last game where so many observers suggested he had already checked out?

Was at the game - he was not really in it - but neither were quite a few others...the kids did all the real work and ran out of interest half way through 3rd quarter when Shitney fluked their way to a 30 point lead.

I meant the hole would be big without both Gibbs and Kelly. Our midfield can't afford being weaker than it already is. If we move Gibbs on, I hope it is to get Kelly.

People really underestimate what we have coming through. Charlie Cuningham SPS & Fisher will be very very good and will improve a lot in 2018. Still have Murphy who will be better with more help especially inside. Cripps & Curnow will be back and fit. Pickett with another pre season could easily play off a wing. Polson is very talented and just needs a good pre season. Kerridge a handy back up

We then get Pick 3, Pick 9 plus (if Gibbs goes) and possibly Kennedy Smith & Balic. Future looks bright IMO

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People really underestimate what we have coming through. Charlie Cuningham SPS & Fisher will be very very good and will improve a lot in 2018. Still have Murphy who will be better with more help especially inside. Cripps & Curnow will be back and fit. Pickett with another pre season could easily play off a wing. Polson is very talented and just needs a good pre season. Kerridge a handy back up

We then get Pick 3, Pick 9 plus (if Gibbs goes) and possibly Kennedy Smith & Balic. Future looks bright IMO
We haven't got Murphy anymore Harker traded him a few days a go.

S

Mental health? He is not happy there and he has had a marriage bust up which is naturally showing in his footy. We shouldn't automatically assume he has mental health issues should we??
Side note-Not having a crack at you specifically Davis but does anyone else agree that it is counter productive to the mental health awareness cause (perhaps even dillutive) to bandy it around so freely whenever a player is out of sorts (or involved in off field indiscretions too for that matter)?
He isn't injured physically so he clearly has something mental blocking his performance, call a spade a spade don't cover it in sugar and call it strawberry jam.

Mental doesn't mean someone has depression or anxiety, it can be as simple as 2nd guessing your decisions where otherwise you wouldn't have, I never stated he has real mental health issues just issues mentally effecting his performance.

17 and 35 or whatever it was I saw is a joke, that's a backward step from last year when we said NO.

Dees 10 for Lever to us should be a starting point. Lever is worth more than 10. Maybe 10 and 28 for Gibbs.

Then trade 3 and 10 for Kelly and 28 for GWS' Smith if his knee checks out. Sumner upgrade.

Don't forget Levi could yet be traded, though unlikely. How many times has a player resigned then agreed to be traded?

Only reason I raise this is SOS surely will be keen to make as many noteworthy changes as possible to the list. Reality is we still have a lot of dead wood.

17 and 35 or whatever it was I saw is a joke, that's a backward step from last year when we said NO.

Dees 10 for Lever to us should be a starting point. Lever is worth more than 10. Maybe 10 and 28 for Gibbs.

Then trade 3 and 10 for Kelly and 28 for GWS' Smith if his knee checks out. Sumner upgrade.
If this is the general feel of Carlton supporters then Gibbs will be staying. Which will be fine by me as I still think contracts mean something and he had his chance to come home a few years ago. Adelaide won't give up more than their first and second. Certainly not what they get from Lever.

On HTC_0PJA10 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If this is the general feel of Carlton supporters then Gibbs will be staying. Which will be fine by me as I still think contracts mean something and he had his chance to come home a few years ago. Adelaide won't give up more than their first and second. Certainly not what they get from Lever.

On HTC_0PJA10 using BigFooty.com mobile app
What the supporters feel has next to zero bearing on any trades.

So our highest pick going into the draft would be 28? Well depending on other deals though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back