Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically Gibbs is doing a Judd and making sure his old club gets a deal too go to refuse....or he stays

So if the crows win the flag it's pick 17 (GWS doesn't have one)
We take that and then what ?

Next years first ? A second rounder and fringe player OR an Atkins type (best 22 type player)

Gibbs is our last blue chip stock and I'm happy to hold it, but if we chose to cash out we MUST get maximum value

17 and 35 just doesn't do it for me.....
Normally I'd agree but if we had an agreement with GWS that basically said we'll send you Kelly for Pick 3 & 17 then, I'd do the deal with Adelaide for their 2017 1st & 2nd (17 & 35). Maybe we could also then trade 35 & 38 and get a mid - late 2nd rounder.

I don't know.

Someone the other day said nobody in top ten would be in last years top ten. But that could be crap.

TO be honest I think it's a very poor draft. Hardly any of the kids present as elite to my eye.

It's the type of draft to trade away picks.
Yep, Pick 3 + {something else} = Kelly

I don't know.

Someone the other day said nobody in top ten would be in last years top ten. But that could be crap.

TO be honest I think it's a very poor draft. Hardly any of the kids present as elite to my eye.

Yes I saw that, think it was Bishop, who I really rate as a draft watcher. Not sure I completely agree, think the top end of this draft are slightly different players and still a bit to see. Florent for example had an amazing TAC cup final's series, going from flanker to bit player through the middle, to become a great clearance player around stoppages.

I don't know.

Yeah, for picks in next year's draft.

Yes I saw that, think it was Bishop, who I really rate as a draft watcher. Not sure I completely agree, think the top end of this draft are slightly different players and still a bit to see. Florent for example had an amazing TAC cup final's series, going from flanker to bit player through the middle, to become a great clearance player around stoppages.

From a recruiter I know:
Top 5 is very very good
Falls away after that quality wise.
However it's still a very deep draft and not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

From a recruiter I know:
Top 5 is very very good
Falls away after that quality wise.
However it's still a very deep draft and not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
huh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Stringer is worythy of pick 3 then no club in the league has the picks to deal for Kelly.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by 'worthy' of pick 3.

I.e. Stringer is more than capable of producing what is demanded of a pick 3.

Not necessarily saying that is what his current trade value is.

Pleased you are not our list manager.

IMHO you are prepared to give up way too much for each of these players.

It will improve us in 2018 but not get us to where we want to be in 2023.

I'm glad you're not our list manager if you're planning for 2023

Absolutely I'd be planning for 2023.

Cripps, Plowman, Byrne and Doc would be 28.

Marchbank, Pickett 27.

Charlie, Harry, SPS, SOSOS, Weitering , Willo, Fisher, McReadie, Polson, Cuningham etc would be around 25.

Plus another batch around 22-24 years old.

We would have the strongest list in the AFL and would be feared by all other clubs.

Honestly speaking who gives a f*** about ladder position in 2018/2019?

As long as we keep recruiting and developing quality young players I will be very happy.

This year we will add another 8-12 new young talented players to add to our already talented group. If we can get an elite talent like Kelly we will otherwise we will trade/draft for young talent (which the club has said numerous times). 2018/19 will be more about topping up, filling some gaps and chasing the "big fish".

I expect to be pushing for finals in 2019 and really challenging in 2020. If things really gell maybe even slightly earlier. Given where we were 3 years ago that is an impressive effort

This year we will add another 8-12 new young talented players to add to our already talented group. If we can get an elite talent like Kelly we will otherwise we will trade/draft for young talent (which the club has said numerous times). 2018/19 will be more about topping up, filling some gaps and chasing the "big fish".

I expect to be pushing for finals in 2019 and really challenging in 2020. If things really gell maybe even slightly earlier. Given where we were 3 years ago that is an impressive effort

Don't disagree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back