Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Scott Thompson the crows have exactly 0 games of AFL experience in their reserves this weekend
wonder if they have a depth thread.........

wonder if they have a depth thread.........
We have a long injuries thread thanks to the hamstrings...

Just to correct My name geoff , O'Brien also played in the sanfl with Thompson as players with AFL experience... but no doubt the cupboard is getting bare.

May see a new player debut this week to cover Talia & Knight, depending on Jenkins & Kelly availability to return.

Positive for Menzel as it guarantees him AFL games with all these injuries...

Murphy and Gibbs are guns. They are doing thier best in difficult circumstances. Murphy had an ordinary Game on the weekend so let's just troll and bag our captain.
Let's support the players and club. We know the club is on the right path and short term pain for sustained success is far more important. We need to be patient.

;) you come over trying for easy likes , As it seems you Not read my posts before bagging me.. clearly i think marc and bryce are top players as if they weren't they would have no value to trade , and seeing my thought was maybe we could cash in on them this year your statement seems misguided .

On Hopper and Kennedy, if your looking for a laugh at the calibre of people on bigfooty head over to the Giants board and have a read of their drafts trading thread.

Andre the Giant General Giant and Orange in particular, losing their minds.

Farktherest and Jeramias appauled for keeping your cool. Gee whiz!! :drunk:

B70 apparently an internet troll with NFI. :straining:

Point taken but are they good players or guns,if we are going to splash good money we want more than just 'good players'.

These two are young kids taken 2 drafts ago, they are yet to prove anything. Trading for them is based mostly on speculation from their limited playing time and their form from their draft seasons. Charlie Curnow is not a gun or even a good player at the moment, the same goes with Mckay but most here myself included think they will be. Hopper was taken higher than both of those guys and Kennedy 1 spot behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Fogarty is a real gun tall mid. I'd hate to waste our first pick on more GWS players and miss out on him. I'd really hate that. I'd like to stay away from them this year unless something they offer is way too good to refuse.

You have no possible idea of knowing this, this is purely just speculation. Plenty of players are mad supporters of other teams and don't pack up and leave after 2 seasons.

That's correct. I know one Brisbane Lions triple premiership player who is/ was a mad, mad Carlton supporter growing up.

Does anyone else think if gibbs goes we may as well trade Murphy now while his worth something ive loved gibbs and murph and i would actually like to see them get some success before they retired while we would end up with some pretty handy pick from trading them both

I was think Murphy to saint for the 2 first rounds especially if both Hawks and saints don't play finals

Small bonus getting a player that supported your club. Goddard hates Carlton!

Goddard may have supported us as a kid..... But Goddard certainly supports Goddard as an adult....

We need to trade next years first round pick for Hopper and M. Kennedy from GWS. They will improve our midfield 100%. We need a second early first round pick so we can try and get two of L. O'Brien, D. Fogarty, and J. Worpel. 2 mids with a couple of years of development at GWS and two seriously good mids... if we have to get rid of Gibbs to get the second first round pick, we should do it.
I'd be looking to trade Gibbs to Adelaide for a 1st Rounder < Pick 15 or a 1st Rounder >15 and their Future 3rd Rounder.
I'd trade that 1st Rounder >15 + that Future 3rd Rounder to GWS for Hopper and Flynn. (Flynn is a young ruck who has shown some aptitude as a KPF).
I'm yet to be sold on M.Kennedy so I'd pass on him. That's just me though.
Rowe will be 30 this year and the Pies could desperately do with a KPD. Would we get a second for him???
Even though he drives me nuts at times I'd hang onto Cas for another 12 months, especially if we part with Rowe.
I wouldn't be so quick to part with our 2018 1st until you know who's available (apart from BOSS) and get a feel for where we're likely to finish.

Worpel is an inside beast, he will support Cripps in extracting the ball. He is deadly by hand to his team mates. The only questions about his disposal is in his kicking where I think that he has something like a 50% accuracy by foot. I am willing to bet that he will improve over the course of the year in this regard.
I went to the Northern Blues V AIS game at Etihad. I know people get wet knickers over Rayner, Stephenson, O'Brien, D.Fogarty and Worpel, but here are a couple of others that took my fancy.
  • Luke Davies-Uniacke: Big, hard, genuine inside beast who comfortably held his own against a strong NB side when not many did. Had 22 possessions and half-a-dozen clearances, but what's most impressive is that he's able to spread and link up after the initial contest. Almost has an AFL-ready body, has good pace, nice disposal, works really hard and has a tank that allowed him to run out the game comfortably. Wasn't unusual to see him follow up his own possessions and get it again in the contest further downfield. Not afraid to take off down the ground with ball in hand after winning it in the contest. Although he won't be quite as big as Cripps, he'll still be a monster when he finishes growing and his body fills out. Was easily the best AIS player and he'll be right in the mix to go at No1.
  • Hunter Clarke: Medium defender who looks like a smaller version of LDU. Good aerial skills and knows when to mark and when to punch. Comfortably held his own against much bigger and taller players. Excellent pace and a good tank that allowed him to power away from the opposition and out of the D50 on more than one occasion. Has a bionic foot that comfortably launched the ball 60m+ quite often. Having said that, he needs to learn to pick out a team mate rather than just bomb it, because his kicking is a real weapon. Would be absolute dynamite at AFL level on the wing.
Like you, I think our priority needs to be quality inside beasts, especially if we're to make the most of Fisher & SPS. Hopper & Davies-Uniacke would be a good start.

Last edited:
I know what the series of trades ultimately got us, but I'm still a bit miffed of what output we've gotten so far from Smedts versus what we could have had from Tuohy.

We really do need to set up how we move the ball from HB to HF a lot better, because he's shining in that role at Geelong.

I know what the series of trades ultimately got us, but I'm still a bit miffed of what output we've gotten so far from Smedts versus what we could have had from Tuohy.

We really do need to set up how we move the ball from HB to HF a lot better, because he's shining in that role at Geelong.

I know Tuohy was about money (felt under-valued), but just not convinced it was the right move (for us to let him go so easily I mean). Did he mouth off or something and put someone's nose out of joint? He seemed a bit miffed/quietly bitter when he left. With Tuohy still down back I reckon we could be more confident now about moving Doc more into the midfield. Geelong, so far, have done very well out of us! Geelong and Adelaide top of the table thanks to their Carlton trades?

Last edited:

Completely dudded by that trade if we finish 18th and they finish 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back