Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STOP SAYING ITS A RACE ITS NOT A ******* RACE THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY ACTUAL SENSE IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT FOR MORE THAN TWO ******* SECONDS oh FFS forget it. Yay racing...

I know what you mean in saying that we have to lay all the foundations first as we are currently doing, but there must be some plan in place and benchmarks along the way.
If things don't go to internal plans and 'failings' come about, as much as we may be fond of Bolton right now.......he will go.

Trigg needs results as otherwise his job becomes ever so much more difficult.
We've brought ourselves some time..........just maybe not quite as much time as we may think.

So, in a way, we are racing. We have to be, as would be the case for the other 17 clubs.

There are KPIs as there are in any endeavour. The aim is constant improvement. If we improved for 5 years and stagnated for 1 I think that 5 years would be taken into account.

Probably more about process and KPIs than any race with a finishing line an indeterminant distance away.

Yeah, just like the puppy that became American industry...

Trust a dog to give puppy analogies.

It's not a puppy race FFS.

I know what you mean in saying that we have to lay all the foundations first as we are currently doing, but there must be some plan in place and benchmarks along the way.
If things don't go to internal plans and 'failings' come about, as much as we may be fond of Bolton right now.......he will go.

Trigg needs results as otherwise his job becomes ever so much more difficult.
We've brought ourselves some time..........just maybe not quite as much time as we may think.

So, in a way, we are racing. We have to be, as would be the case for the other 17 clubs.
You may well be right about Bolton but the Board needs to give him time. I would say at least another 3-4 years (maybe longer). As long as everyone can stay the course and we show improvement on and off the field I don't see that time frame as being unrealistic. We are coming from a long way back.

dogist.....
2565b8834655332d25a1e5caad5d1f95.jpg

There are KPIs as there are in any endeavour. The aim is constant improvement. If we improved for 5 years and stagnated for 1 I think that 5 years would be taken into account.

Probably more about process and KPIs than any race with a finishing line an indeterminant distance away.

Showoff. You corporate types and your KPIs :)

KPI...keep posting indefnitely

If i swim against Thorpe in his heyday I would be swimming in the right direction.
To go past people to you must innovate .
Copying has you heading in the right direction but you won't get ahead of the pack
Why?
Because you're following, right?

My question is what are we actually doing that's groundbreaking?

I get your point but pagan's paddock and clarko's cluster and whatever everyone else had done. It's not about coming up with a new game plain and being different to everybody else. Great coaches look at the players they have, there strength and there weaknesses and comes up with a plain that works for them. That why the Hawks play a different brand of football because there team changes. Look at Malthouse he got a team that played good exciting footy, that took the game on and was developing in the right direction then got them to slow it down kick it sideways and got rid of player and ****ed a team up and left a mess. I have faith that Bolton is a really god coach and someday will be remembered as a great Carlton coach but he has to make the best out of what he has and not try to reinvent the wheel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell difference between competitive & confidence when we don't know them personally.

I've heard from a senior person inside the club that Gorringe has the talent but lacks confidence.

No doubt Bolts will be working on it.

Large improvement in performance is required based on last year's efforts - hope he makes it.

If you think the club was totally controlled by sticks and the rest of the board were there to make up the numbers you're severely mistaken
The total mismanagement of the club was a group effort and sticks was voted president unanimously six or seven years straight!
There's nothing to prove we're catching up at the moment

For sure we're improving but so is every club.
The way to make up ground is by being ground breaking with innovation..
Following other clubs won't cut it for ultimate success.
Regardless who had a hand in creating the mess of the past, what matters is positive development of the club now and moving forward.
We are making ground up, make no mistake about it, the club is in a reset and at least members, supporters and the wider AFL community have stood up to take notice, as the CFC has put the other clubs on notice.
What's also noticeable is the club now has the personnel that has the ability to take it forward.
Give the club some credit as early days, the forecast is positive.

Good post Harkers. Spot on in regards to our top end young talent being up there with the best in the league.
Think that we aren't that far behind other teams that are 2 or 3 years further advanced into rebuilds.
The 2015 draft has the potential to be massive for us, we traded out players that had currency but for one reason or another were not seen to be part of our future and it netted us a bunch of high end picks further forcing our club to really imbrace the draft, for a change.
As luck would have it the 2015 draft is loaded with talls, giving us an opportunity to really rebuild our spine, we also get a bit of a free hit with Jack and we're are off to a dame good start.
2016 draft and trade period has me pumped, because the players we've recruited point to the brand of footy we are looking to play.
IMO it looks like Bolton has requested players who are, skillful, competitive, have pace and can move the footy quickly.

Think if we stay the course in two years time we may have one of the best young list in the comp, it's actually pretty staggering how much we manage to turn our list around in such a short time, our list was in woeful shape at the end of the 2015 season, its nowhere near the finished producted, but every game we watch this year will have plenty for us to look forward to, going to be awesome watching our young talent develope.
We've all gotten excited about the club at other stages before, but this time it doesn't just feels different, it feels like we're doing things right.
I like the way you think.
The injection of draft picks the last 2 off seasons and the aggressive trading, sees the CFC one more major list overhaul away from drafting and trading for depth, balance and needs.
Then it's all about getting as much game time into the kids developing them.
Realistically 40 games into a career should give a draftee the ideal platform,the same age bracket coming through together, and this is about the stage a side starts to put things together and becomes consistently competitive
To get to this level, this takes about 4 years and the more experience gained the more confident a player becomes.
BOLTS is building a list with a talented defence that should see it become the #1 defence.
The midfield under BB, will be a slick
Outfit with kids that have an appetite for the contest, lots to class, speed, elite disposal, and good footy brains.
The Fwd line which is currently non functioning, will be a multi pronged attack that is capable of producing fast and heavy scoring.
The list now has talented kids which have the potential of being elite. Docherty, Cripps and Weitering are 3 kids that will be considered elite.
Pickett, SPS and C.Curnow are considered to have that X-factor that a very few do and if they come on as they should will also be considered elite.
Anyway you look at the list, its now been injected with a lot of talent, still a long way off but a solid foundation.
The spine is taking shape and will be as gifted as any.
As a supporter of the CFC, you would have to be excited and happy with the progress to date.
SOS will continue to inject talent into the list and move on those that aren't up to it.
BOLTS will build the right culture, deliver a game plan that will be hard to combat and stands up in finals with a strong, talented and well balanced list

Last edited:
I've heard from a senior person inside the club that Gorringe has the talent but lacks confidence.

No doubt Bolts will be working on it.

Large improvement in performance is required based on last year's efforts - hope he makes it.

I've been told exactly the same. Really nice bloke but introvert. Apparently, trains hard and works at his game and wants to be a good player. Hope he makes it but he will need to show some real improvement this year

That would be a fascinating employment contract. Like how could they sack him without incurring a unfair dismissal case.
I recall when he was appointed that it was said that this employment arrangement provided flexibility should Bolts no longer be senior coach he could move into a footy department role or some other role at the club ... so redeployed to other duties.

are you talking about Gorringe? if so, can't disagree more. he is one of the strongest at the club. absolute machine. it's about the mental side now. can he transfer it all onto the field.
Big arms, but not sure he's particularly strong through the body. Phillips looks far more solid and steady on his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back