List Mgmt. 2017 List Management Resource Compilation Thread with Key Post-Season Dates

In a hypothetical Bryce Gibbs, would you elect to Bryce Gibbs, Bryce Gibbs, or Bryce Gibbs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just one question though, with the below players coming out:
Scott Thompson (retired) [Inside Midfield]
Jake Lever (Melbourne) [Third Tall Defender]
Dean Gore (delisted) [Inside Midfield]
Troy Menzel (delisted) [Medium Forward]
Harrison Wigg (Gold Coast) [Half Back Flank]
Charlie Cameron (Brisbane) [Forward]
Sam Shaw (retired) [Key defender]

and Bryce Gibbs + Sam Gibson coming in, I'm counting 7 going out, (2 in) 5 Spots up for grabs (Shaw a rookie spot, and Greenwood taking a senior spot which opens up another rookie spot?

I'm counting that we will be One less in terms of senior players, unless i'm missing something. Based on this, will we be using our Preseason draft allocated pick just to fill the list? or perhaps upgrade Jarman/Keath and pick another rookie? (assuming we have another rookie spot/pick available just not shown?

National Draft (from) [position]
77. - Reserved for Jackson Edwards
109. - Reserved for Hugh Greenwood upgrade

Preseason Draft (from) [position] - These are never usually used, the Preseason draft it basically redundant now. (but will it this year?)

Rookie Draft (from) [position]
17. - Replacement Rookie pick for H.Greenwood
35. - New Rookie pick up
53. - New Rookie pick up
We've lost 7 players, and we already had an existing vacancy on the list (we only had 39 players on our senior list this year). That's 8 vacancies in total.

The arrival of Gibbs & Gibson reduces that to 2 vacancies.

We currently have the following draft picks: 12, 39, 77, 109, 137, 155.

I expect that we will upgrade both Greenwood & Keath. I also expect that we will go one-short on our senior list again in 2018. This leaves 3 vacancies to be filled via the National Draft, so one of 39 & 77 will be a "live" selection. Which one is "live" depends on where Edwards is selected.

My guess is that we'll have to use #39 on him, leaving us with #77 as our 2nd "live" selection. The club is obviously hoping that he'll slide beyond #55, as this would allow us to take him at #77 without carrying points over to the 2018 draft. If he's selected in the range 40-55 then we will have to carry points over to the 2018 draft, partially negating Reid's efforts to obtain these future picks during the trading period.

We've lost 7 players, and we already had an existing vacancy on the list (we only had 39 players on our senior list this year). That's 8 vacancies in total.

The arrival of Gibbs & Gibson reduces that to 2 vacancies.

We currently have the following draft picks: 12, 39, 77, 109, 137, 155.

I expect that we will upgrade both Greenwood & Keath. I also expect that we will go one-short on our senior list again in 2018. This leaves 3 vacancies to be filled via the National Draft, so one of 39 & 77 will be a "live" selection. Which one is "live" depends on where Edwards is selected.

My guess is that we'll have to use #39 on him, leaving us with #77 as our 2nd "live" selection. The club is obviously hoping that he'll slide beyond #55, as this would allow us to take him at #77 without carrying points over to the 2018 draft. If he's selected in the range 40-55 then we will have to carry points over to the 2018 draft, partially negating Reid's efforts to obtain these future picks during the trading period.
We had 39

Out:
Thompson
Gore
Menzel
Wigg
Cameron
Lever

In:
Gibbs
Gibson

Promoting Greenwood and Beech gives us 3 more spots, not 4.

Adelaide has made several list changes ahead of Tuesday’s first list lodgement deadline.

Jonathon Beech has been told he will not be offered a contract for next season.

Crows General Manager List Management and Strategy Justin Reid thanked Beech for his contribution to the Club.

“This time of year is always difficult at football clubs when some tough decisions need to be made,” Reid said.

“We thank Jono for his commitment and professionalism during his time at West Lakes.

“He was a popular member of the playing group and we wish him all the very best for the future.”

Beech played three AFL games after being selected in the 2016 Rookie Draft.

The Crows have also delisted Cam Ellis-Yolmen, but have committed to re-drafting the 24-year-old in this year’s Rookie Draft should he be available.

Ellis-Yolmen has played 14 AFL games since joining the Crows with pick No.64 in the 2011 National Draft.

These list changes follow the departures announced earlier this month.

Adelaide has also committed to taking potential father/son recruit Jackson Edwards at this year’s Rookie Draft.

Jackson’s father Tyson played 321 AFL games for the Crows between 1995 and 2010.

Reid said the Club had lodged official paperwork to nominate Edwards ahead of November’s National and Rookie Drafts.

“To be eligible for a father/son selection we must first nominate Jackson ahead of the October 31 deadline,” Reid said.

“There are no guarantees for us or Jackson, but there is an ongoing commitment between the Club and the Edwards family that we will take Jackson in the Rookie Draft if he is available.”

LIST CHANGES SUMMARY

Departures

Scott Thompson (retired, played 308 AFL Games, 269 AFL games for Adelaide and 39 for Melbourne)

Charlie Cameron (traded to Brisbane, played 73 AFL games for Adelaide)

Jake Lever (traded to Melbourne, played 56 AFL games for Adelaide)

Harrison Wigg (traded to Gold Coast, played 0 AFL games)

Troy Menzel (delisted, played 44 AFL Games, 4 AFL games for Adelaide and 40 for Carlton)

Cam Ellis-Yolmen (delisted, played 14 AFL games for Adelaide)

Jonathon Beech (delisted, played 3 AFL games for Adelaide)

Dean Gore (delisted, played 0 AFL games)

Arrivals

Bryce Gibbs (traded from Carlton, played 231 AFL games for Carlton)

Sam Gibson (traded from North Melbourne, played 130 AFL games for North Melbourne)

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-10-30/list-lodgement-update

Confirmation that Greenwood and Keath have been promoted to Senior list.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-10-31/rookies-rise-to-senior-list

Adelaide has confirmed promising rookies Hugh Greenwood and Alex Keath will be elevated to the senior list for Season 2018.

Greenwood and Keath, both 25, have followed similar paths since being signed by the Crows as Category-B rookies towards the end of 2015.

SUMMARY, LIST LODGEMENT ONE

IN
Bryce Gibbs (traded from Carlton, played 231 AFL games for Carlton)
Sam Gibson (traded from North Melbourne, played 130 AFL games for North Melbourne)
Hugh Greenwood (rookie elevation)
Alex Keath (rookie elevation)

Back