Keeper Lg. 2017 List Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Alert

Warriors receives Jack Redden

Gut Running receives Dylan Clarke

threenewpadlocks to confirm

Redden is a risk in that his AFL career could be over at the end of the year even though he is only 27. He has been terrible since transferring to West Coast and is out of contract at the end of the year. Warriors are hoping that he can somehow rediscover some form and win a contract extension. If Redden fails, the irony will most likely be that Clarke has become the very type of player that I was hoping for in Redden - a high possession winning inside mid to boost my handball and tackle numbers.
All confirmed - happy to get another youngster in - one that can't kick, but can accumulate the ball, which is perfect for UF!
Redden I'm happy to move on from. Was a cat league beast as a youngster and his fall from grace quite surprising.

Issue with him is that it's not just job security (which will get poorer if West Coast want to play more youngsters, Willie Rioli played well in the WAFL etc.), but when he has played he's been underwhelming - outside the top 200. Happy to move on from him even if 5 years ago he was pretty much one of the most sure-fire keeper midfield prospects in all of UF. As you say, surprising decline.

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Issue with him is that it's not just job security (which will get poorer if West Coast want to play more youngsters, Willie Rioli played well in the WAFL etc.), but when he has played he's been underwhelming - outside the top 200. Happy to move on from him even if 5 years ago he was pretty much one of the most sure-fire keeper midfield prospects in all of UF. As you say, surprising decline.
I have no issue with how you value him or the trade like Clarke at North especially.

You are exactly right though Redden was a top 30 or 20 pick in an initial fantasy draft I did 4 or so years ago.

Still plays the odd good game, I don't know what it is these last 3 years is he to slow?

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
I have no issue with how you value him or the trade like Clarke at North especially.

You are exactly right though Redden was a top 30 or 20 pick in an initial fantasy draft I did 4 or so years ago.

Still plays the odd good game, I don't know what it is these last 3 years is he to slow?
I don't watch much WCE games, so not sure. Looking at the Eagles board it seems that he has been played across half forward, which I wouldn't have thought suited his skillset. Hard to see him playing pure mid with Mitchell and Priddis in the same side though. Hopefully both Mitchell and Priddis get long term injuries :p

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I don't watch much WCE games, so not sure. Looking at the Eagles board it seems that he has been played across half forward, which I wouldn't have thought suited his skillset. Hard to see him playing pure mid with Mitchell and Priddis in the same side though. Hopefully both Mitchell and Priddis get long term injuries :p
Last part is harsh but fair....

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I am looking to move up in the draft still.

I have like 6 picks inside 33 which are all High picks IMO. Ideal I will trade later picks to move up the draft on my other picks. Also have a mid 40 and early 50 pick which will be be available for nothing in any deal.

Also happy to include players such as Ben Crocker, Harry Marsh, Sheridan and Sinclair in said pick trades for ANY player even Tyrone Vickery.

Looking at 17, 26, 31, 53 and player

For top 10 and spud type deal

Or any other you can think of. Eg teens pick ect

Picks stand currently at approximately:
GWS1 pick 3
TW1 pick 13
GWS2 pick 17
RR2 pick 26
GWS3 pick 31
LWP3 pick 33

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I haven't seen yet only hearing the myth that he is! Was listening in the radio though to the first half and the commentators weren't half excited

Drew23

Premiership Player
May 12, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Trade alert

Drew receives: Brendan Goddard, Luke Shuey, Justin Westhoff, Josh Kennedy, Jordan Lewis, Jarrod Mcveigh, Matthew Boyd, zim round 2 draft pick, zim round 4 draft pick

Zim receives: Dom Sheed, Nathan Freeman, James Aish, Sam Wright, Tom Clurey, Kurt Murtimer, Jordan Foote, drew round 1 draft pick, drew round 2 draft pick

Zim^zuM to confirm

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Players on the table at the sparrows:

Headlined by the starting ruck Sam Naismith (i get Ceglar back next year, and Witts starts too)

Also featuring

Ben Sinclair
Tom Sheridan
Tom Cole
Jackson Nelson
Ben Crocker
Corey Wagner
Dean Kent
James Parsons

For a start, will consider picks, upgrades and maybe players.

tenderwarrior are you running the off season/list management stuff again this year?

Just wondering if we have a fresh thread for Rockford and I to post our deals in ;)

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
tenderwarrior are you running the off season/list management stuff again this year?

Just wondering if we have a fresh thread for Rockford and I to post our deals in ;)
I have never did that, I usually just keep track of draft picks that have been traded on the draft tracker spread sheet - I thought that was you or Rockford 's domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back