Player Sponsorship 2017 Matthew Kreuzer sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

oh holy heck why are they doing this to us right before Christmas ?! ?! ! :cry:

My fault in that I missed the email 2 weeks ago, but s**t, a phone call by Dec 2 would have helped. Email with a 4 day confirmation deadline, no follow up for 15 days, 8 days to show something.

There is a fair history here, but I'm not sure how appreciated we are especially when others want to take our spot.

The guy was nice and friendly, it is just the inconsistencies from year to year as we have 4 different people in the last 4 years. Hell, one year we were $350 or so under because of an office error and they didn't pick it up for 2 years. Now we have to be paid in full really quickly.

For existing contributors, payment details are the same as last year.

BF Gold subscription for contributions $50-$99
BF Platinum for contributions $100+

For me, it's too close to Christmas. Not sure what sort of position everyone else is in but I've just spent a shitload of money.

Is there any other way we can support the club next year? What if we purchased one (or more) of the much, much cheaper Women's team messages in the club room? Just an idea, if you guys hate it I don't mind.

Not much reaction to what I posted.

Is it a waste of time? $2000 needed in a week.
Seems like a big ask, ODN. Plus MEB makes a good point about Christmas....

Could we maybe purchase a handful of memberships and give them out to posters on here who wouldn't otherwise be able to get them? You could run some kind of token comp...

Clubs are always screaming out for more members...

Could we maybe purchase a handful of memberships and give them out to posters on here who wouldn't otherwise be able to get them? You could run some kind of token comp...

Cracking idea coach. Sponsor members . I'd be in for that or some women's team sponsorship.

A thought!

Could we contact the club and offer to sponsor some people who haven't been able to rejoin in recent years? I'm sure they'd have records of people who've dropped off, maybe they record their reasons? If someone is feeling the pinch I'd be happy to donate some dollars (next year)

So give up the sponsorship and buy memberships for the needy?

We did that with an excess one year. Donated memberships and membership packs to the Starlight Foundation. Even got a letter back from a little girl to thank us.

To tell you the truth I am over the inconsistencies with new contacts every year and their own deadlines. It is becoming so corporate.

This way they get our money but we add to the membership figures and somebody gets a wish come true. Last time I think they got to meet the players too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great idea Coach, I am happy to kick in, especially for anyone struggling financially or say Starlight Foundation

Just let me know

so now I don't know if I'm sponsoring kreuz, the homeless, a sick kiddie or a new member - happy regardless but a split goal ain't gonna help things

Thinking sick kiddies and extra members beats revenue straight into club coffers. It has been really difficult dealing with the club and so stressful every year.

you don't need this s**t ODN - you've done what you can for so long - redirect the money somewhere else as has been suggested - the club can go think about its treatment of a good friend and ally - do you recall the kinglake project? think this forum raised something ridiculous like $4k plus to send the football and netball club kiddies to the footy for a treat - was an amazing time to be part of the BF community

Thinking sick kiddies and extra members beats revenue straight into club coffers. It has been really difficult dealing with the club and so stressful every year.

I agree, Starlight Foundation/Children's Hospital where kids and their possibly stressed parents could enjoy the tickets. Perhaps multiple 3 game memberships

I contacted the club earlier in the year to see if they knew of anyone who would appreciate pre-loved merchandise in great condition--surely there's some kids out there who'd love a scarf, hat etc--but didn't get a response. Scrooges.

Wonder if MK was even asked his opinion. I think he'd be saddened to lose a channel of support he has appreciated since Day 1.

It really isn't a big deal for the players. They get nothing for it. They have people lining up for these sponsorships so they don't need to give us time anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back