Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream trades
Harley Balic and Freo's second pick to Melbourne for Jesse Hogan.
- Lester Delaney, Scarborough WA

First-round pick, Tommy Sheridan and Harley Balic to Melbourne for Jesse Hogan.
- Joe Restifo, Kalamunda WA

Jonathon Patton to Fremantle for Lachie Neale, a first-round pick and a second-round pick.
- Samuel Fuller, Dawesville WA

Lachie Neale to Adelaide for Mitch McGovern.
- John Damper, Perth WA

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-17/youre-the-list-manager-your-dream-trades

Who comes up with these 'dream trades'. Absolute rubbish
Their names have been published. So: Lester, Joe, Samuel and John.

They are meant to be dream trades, not likely trades.

I'd be happy with either of the first two trades. Don't like the next two because I don't want to lose Lachie Neale.

FFS Lester, get your s**t together - what second round pick.
Lester didn't say second round pick. He said Freo's second pick, which at the moment would be pick 40.

?

Daniher? Lynch? Would be absolute certainties
Hogan? Wright? Brown? Would be certainties.

Then I could name about 10 other mids I'd swap with in a heartbeat.
The question is (as proposed by John Damper), would you trade him for Mitch McGovern?

Not a bloody chance in my opinion. And definitely not what i would call a 'Dream Trade'

The question is (as proposed by John Damper), would you trade him for Mitch McGovern?

Not a bloody chance in my opinion. And definitely not what i would call a 'Dream Trade'

Oh, ok sorry. Yeah would 100% not trade for McGovern. DUmb suggestion if that was what was presented.

McGovern no....Patton yes

Yes that would be a dream trade. But the one put up by Samuel included a 1st round, 2nd round and lachie Neale. Which would be a Sh!thouse trade for us.
If you were going to make that kind of trade, you'd expect a flag in the next couple of years because it would kill off any rebuild after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who were the media that stated "Harley would never wear purple", do we now get any acknowledgment that they were wrong. Just imagine if Buckly's dream of media losing accreditation if they made up stories came true...Hackdorn, Hardie, Sheehan all would be gone.

Shooting Blanks: the Fremantle Dockers are -----?

Simon White (thewest.com.au editor): that’s an inappropriate question, I don’t have all the metrics...oh, sorry, Ross Lyon got hold of my keyboard for a couple of seconds there. They are on the verge of filling about a third of a 60,000-seat stadium next year. And I’m one of the people who won’t be paying to see the kind of garbage they served up on Sunday.

If you were going to make that kind of trade, you'd expect a flag in the next couple of years because it would kill off any rebuild after that.
They wouldn't do it though, GWS has midfield depth for days. No use for Neale. I also think Neale is essential to our list. The same people suggesting we need to spend #5 on a top flight mid are also suggesting we should trade Lachie. Beggars belief.

Damning footage of Fyfe on "on the couch" letting dusty go 80 metres away on the break towards Richmond goal
A lot of our midfielders don't work hard enough defensively, it's a prime reason our so called A grade midfield get their pants pulled down week in week out

Damning footage of Fyfe on "on the couch" letting dusty go 80 metres away on the break towards Richmond goal

Convenient to suit their argument.

Remember when that same future Brownlow medalist in Dusty didn't have contact with his man and let him walk the ball out off the center square and hit Mundy laces out?

It's called front running and if Richmond didn't win the ball at the contest guess who does? Fyfe and where is Dusty then? Sitting in the goal square getting cold.

Remember when that same future Brownlow medalist in Dusty didn't have contact with his man and let him walk the ball out off the center square and hit Mundy laces out?

It's called front running and if Richmond didn't win the ball at the contest guess who does? Fyfe and where is Dusty then? Sitting in the goal square getting cold.
I can't remember what the score differential was, but we didn't do much front running on Sunday. If we did we probably would have hand balled directly to a tiger

Not a great look.

Given the stage of the game, a trend had emerged - we weren't winning the ball in dispute - so to hand Martin a whole forward 50 is poor by our captain.

Nah, it was the wrong call by Fyfe. He rolled the dice and backed us in to win the ball and get it 70m to him on a day when we were getting killed. Play the percentages. Silly stuff, watched it unfold in front of me, I couldn't believe it and neither could Dusty. He took one look at Fyfe running off and turned and ran the other way, I suspect with a huge smile on his face.

Nah, it was the wrong call by Fyfe. He rolled the dice and backed us in to win the ball and get it 70m to him on a day when we were getting killed. Play the percentages. Silly stuff, watched it unfold in front of me, I couldn't believe it and neither could Dusty. He took one look at Fyfe running off and turned and ran the other way, I suspect with a huge smile on his face.
I shake my head at how easily some supposed Freo fans will think poorly of our champion captain because some pathetic Vic biased show portrays Fyfe negatively and their pre-ordaned brownlow King Martin in a positive light.
Some of you need to start watching the game yourselves and stop believing all the anti-Freo anti-Fyfe rot that the media wants you to believe.
And given "On The Couch" standards of midfielders suposedly having to tightly keep check of their opposing midfielders, where was Martin in the first 25 seconds of the match when Fyfe drifted forward and took an uncontested mark to then kick the first goal of the game? ... give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back