Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the privilege of hearing Hagdorn's report on 6pr this morning on the way to work. Apparently Weller's decision to move is the continuing evidence for something not quite right down at the Dockers.

Apparently 1+1=4. I mean with all that's come out or been suggested, it wouldn't be the 800K for 5y (where the Dockers were likely offering something closer to 5 or 6 hunge); it wouldn't be the desire to get back to GC where his long time gfriend is from, and who over the next 5 y may (or may not) want to set up home with kids and stuff (as many of the footballers get on to this a bit earlier than others in the community); it wouldn't be because of the incoming Nathan Wilson potentially taking his position and not a lot of room anywhere else on the field to guarantee him a spot long term in the first 18; it's not like Crozier was in the same boat with Matera coming in and Bennell coming good for the HF positions; it's not like anyone asked to be traded out last year when everything was going completely sh1t and Ross was still playing the old boys; it's not like Fyfe (or Neale) left because everyone hated him with all the issues down at Freo and the big money thrown at him from elsewhere; it's not like every player interviewed who has played under Ross seems to almost go out of their way to say how good he was to them;

Nooo, there is obviously somehting insidious down there at Dockerland. Gosh I feel dumber after listening to him and Bas' excitement at Freo losing a good player. Back to mp3s for me again until I forgot the idiocy and try again for Millsy's sake.

According to Brian Waldron (Who?) on whatever Crappy shot Kevin Bartlett runs with on SEN.. the BIG trade "Will be"

Weller to GC
Wilson and Matera to Freo
Late first rounder to GWS

Righto... I swear the media gets worse every year

Well some people say journalists are prostitutes. They may have a point. The West Australian is a s**t rag much like the The Telegraph. Print whatever that people want to read or to find validation to their views. At the end of the day, the proof is in the pudding. Roll on 2018!!!

So, on the news of the latest wc delisted players Basil refers to Former pea hearted Premiership player, Sharon Wellingham and seagull Livewire forward, Josh Hill.
Fair dinkum Baz.

Edited for accuracy. See Baz you had the beginnings of a reasonable story you just needed more descriptive words!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Karl Langdon: Eagles right to win 'Stoush on the Swan'
362abfdbba8dce8cea7f8fbb9c90fe71

Karl Langdon, PerthNow
October 29, 2017 12:00am

ALI, Foreman and Frazier had the Rumble in the Jungle and the Thrilla in Manila.

For Fremantle and West Coast it’s been the Stoush on the Swan.

The Dockers had gone all out to convince the AFL they should open the new venue and in a way they will with a women’s game of AFLW against Collingwood on Saturday, February 10.

But in reality the Dockers struggled to fill corporate suites in 2017 and crowds fell away, in some games to 27,000. That’s not what we need at the new $1.4 billion 60,000 seat stadium.

West Coast have had a waiting list to get a seat at Subiaco for years nearly two decades and while many fans abandoned their seat at Subiaco they continued to pay for it as they were looking forward to the new venue.

There has been plenty of anger from long-time Eagles’ supporters, particularly the noteholders who have been unable to access many areas of the ground or have been priced out due to the different packages. I hope their loyalty is rewarded.

That said the Eagles have had the least turnover of members from year to year of any team in the competition at less than 2 per cent.

Karl Langdon, PerthNow

ALI, Foreman and Frazier had the Rumble in the Jungle and the Thrilla in Manila.

The Dockers had gone all out to convince the AFL they should open the new venue and in a way they will with a women’s game of AFLW against Collingwood on Saturday, February 10.

But in reality the Dockers struggled to fill corporate suites in 2017 and crowds fell away, in some games to 27,000. That’s not what we need at the new $1.4 billion 60,000 seat stadium.

West Coast have had a waiting list to get a seat at Subiaco for years nearly two decades and while many fans abandoned their seat at Subiaco they continued to pay for it as they were looking forward to the new venue.

There has been plenty of anger from long-time Eagles’ supporters, particularly the noteholders who have been unable to access many areas of the ground or have been priced out due to the different packages. I hope their loyalty is rewarded.

That said the Eagles have had the least turnover of members from year to year of any team in the competition at less than 2 per cent.
Sorry I didn’t send the full article

Karl Langdon, PerthNow

sorry not full article I can’t seem to down load you’ll have to check it out yourselves as I don’t have the technical ability, anyway it’s worth a read from this highly regarded investigative journalist!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back