Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its not just me! Been waiting for Fyfe day and checking each morning but it said Tom Lynch.. now ill miss most of them.. FU FF

Gil on Road to the Draft yesterday - really wants more player movement. Wants a mid season draft. Don’t like it myself. List management is an art and coupled with being “fit and available” gives clubs the best chance at a flag when in their window. Not bloody trading in a player of need mid way through the year because someone got injured or something.

He reckons just don’t do the deal if you don’t want to trade. I can only imagine all the second year kids requesting a trade for greater opportunity mid year because they’re frustrated at playing state level. Yet another avenue to ruin the game - thanks Gil. Plus mid year trade means breaking a contract early - might as well not have Club contracts - just make every player an AFL free agent, contracted to the AFL and the clubs fight over the privelledge to represent a player.

Gil on Road to the Draft yesterday - really wants more player movement. Wants a mid season draft. Don’t like it myself. List management is an art and coupled with being “fit and available” gives clubs the best chance at a flag when in their window. Not bloody trading in a player of need mid way through the year because someone got injured or something.

He reckons just don’t do the deal if you don’t want to trade. I can only imagine all the second year kids requesting a trade for greater opportunity mid year because they’re frustrated at playing state level. Yet another avenue to ruin the game - thanks Gil. Plus mid year trade means breaking a contract early - might as well not have Club contracts - just make every player an AFL free agent, contracted to the AFL and the clubs fight over the privelledge to represent a player.

I take it you have never watched a sporting league other then the AFL if this is yourt antiquated mindset.

I take it you have never watched a sporting league other then the AFL if this is yourt antiquated mindset.
STRAYA! We only play 22 games a year. Would much rather list management and S&C as points of difference for teams rather than an ability to get trades done. The AFL celebrates the uniqueness of player/family loyalty with the father son rule, yet wants to encourage more player movement. It’ll just make the strong clubs stronger, and the weak clubs weaker IMHO. Plenty of teams already struggle to attract talent, it’ll make it even harder for them to retain them.

I've never watched a national sporting league as one-city biased as the AFL. That's why it's a terrible idea.

not a bad article really. makes the point that we have got far better value from later picks like Neale, Walters & of course Fyfe than we have with our first rounders. Hopefully that changes today! :)
fair call. just hope that we're drafting like it's 1999

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the same on Channel eagle after the draft.. 1 report.. 80% about the eagles selecting Hamish Brayshaw, mentioned their other picks.. mentioned us picking Andrew and #2.. literally didn't mention Cerra or our other selections at all

It'd be nice if the club could put the other interviews up for viewing. I presume there was more than only Brayshaw introduced to the media?
There was but Barich interjected the whole time with their opinions on the draft selections West Coast made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back