NRL 2017 Melbourne Storm Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It was reported GA ticket sales were exhausted and you couldn't buy one at the gate. I've read GA admission has also been reduced too which might explain the empty seats. Either way, it probably robbed (some) people of a ticket.

I dunno what it is about AAMI Park, but I've seen it with Victory games too - there isn't a ground in Australia where a "sell out" involves so many empty seats. It particularly confuses me cos they're always in bunches, they're not just a seat or two smattered around (which would be a lot more understandable and explainable.)

Shame that people were kept out when you saw it on tv. I nearly went myself, but when I looked online late Friday night it was already looking like it'd sell out.

Lots of lessons for the Storm and NRL to learn about fixturing and pricing at least. Never was there a better example of it being better and more successful to attract 20k at $20 than 10k at $40. If Storm can get crowds like that regularly they can show tv viewers that they need to check out the Storm, and they can get a big regular audience like Victory does.

Well done.

Link

Melburnians have rallied behind their rugby league team like never before, breaking attendance records at AAMI Park in recent weeks.

Saturday night’s Qualifying final against the Cowboys marked the first time in history Storm had played three consecutive home games in front of more than 20,000 fans.

A crowd of 21,333 turned out to see the men in purple defeat the reigning premiers, setting up a home preliminary final at AAMI Park next Saturday night.

That attendance backed up the 24,135 against the Sharks in Round 26 and 20,263 in the previous week against Brisbane.

Another big crowd is expected on Saturday 24 September as Storm aim to book a place in the 2016 NRL Grand Final.

AAMI Park has been the place to be lately and the Preliminary final will be no exception.

Can't believe how slow things are in this thread at a time when the Storm are having such a great season and are on the verge of another finals campaign.

You might have to sticky the Sharks thread instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been a great servant to the club and an equally great ambassador for the code here who deserves to be able to leave and be applauded for everything he's done. I'm picking it will be a pretty emotional time at the club too.

He and guys like him fly in the face of idiots who claim the small white guy has no place in the game.

Anyone heard if we're close to signing a big name for next year? Reading on line all of the out of contract guns appear to be getting snapped up so I hope we don't miss out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back