Official Club Stuff 2017 Membership Tally - *50,326 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell do hawks and tigers hav over 20g more members than us? I suppose it comes down to success

Richmond's numbers certainly aren't a result of success.

They have the most loyal membership base in the country, bar none.

I think we saw the 55K mark as being the target this year, but not to be.
Can't see how we're going to lift our numbers next year, given our ladder position.

We here, aren't everyday supporters. Many need to feel part of something big, before jumping on board....seemingly more-so Carlton people.
I reckon we're going to find it tough to hit 55K until we make the finals.
Can I suggest a postal vote to get an idea of whether we can make it to 55,000 next season.

It would take a little time to compile, but I'd be interested to see the attendance splits when we're playing an interstate club at home, or a top 4 club (i.e. games we're not expected to win).

Just to see the breakdown of local rivalry vs. people rocking up for a taste of victory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will buy two memberships next year if we get Kelly for a good deal and Gibbs stays.

Edit: if most on here did the same we'd rise quite dramatically. Maybe even a couple 3 game memberships.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/65f26c30edb7aa13d876e6a0ca10ada5

seriously speaking being the huge club (fans numberwise) and such big attendances, what is it with our membership?

why are we so far behind the Bombers and Tigers? (the others i understand)
Two reasons I think:

I've been at the 'G for 3 CFC premierships and I'll take those wonderful memories to the grave. And I'll pay up in the meantime.

Many supporters though haven't that experience yet. Their allegiance is more like an inheritance, you just get it, you don't have a personal journey behind it. Wait until we succeed again. Then they'll come on board.

Secondly, we have historically been the corporate club, we didn't 'need' members which brought some dis-connect. I think theres a legacy still from that mentality, but we're coming from a low base.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I will buy two memberships next year if we get Kelly for a good deal and Gibbs stays.

Edit: if most on here did the same we'd rise quite dramatically. Maybe even a couple 3 game memberships.
I'd buy a membership for someone if I knew they were in genuine financial hardship and were otherwise passionate and rusted on. Wonder if there's a way to make this happen...?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back