Official Club Stuff 2017 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort by the Bullies but 45,000 may be a streach.
We got roughly 7-8,000 between the equivalent date last year, and the membership cut-off. It's not ridiculous to suggest that our growth will be similar. 50,000 is probably out of reach but 45,000 should be achieved in a canter.

Richmond were 14,784 ahead of Essendon in 2016. They are 5,017 ahead this year. Historically (probably via 'junk' 3 game memberships) Essendon have had stronger membership growth after the inception of the season than Richmond (in 2012-15 the Essendon's increased by 7-11k from now), so it's possible that this gap could close to within 3,000.
Cute. Just looking up to the big boys, thanks for the love.

St Kilda is at 39,401, which is a new membership record, beating the previous best of 39,271 in 2011.

That must have been at the height of Lyon-mania, when the Saints kicked a goal and then all flooded back for the rest of the game.

I much prefer to see them in action now than then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues currently 46,288. Impressive considering they were only 44,834 just a week ago (2nd of May).

The Blues fans will come back quickly if they can start winning consistently over the next few seasons.

Remember they are traditionally one of the big Melbourne clubs with a very successful history and those rusted on supporters built up over generations dont just disappear altogether.

Yeah but how many actually turn up to matches?Maybe 30,000?

Imagine if the Tigers had just won 3 on the trot what their memberships would be maybe the first 100,000 club and crowds would be even bigger than they get now.
Top stuff. Really illuminating theories.
This is the membership tally thread. Not a 'what if?' thread.

Imagine if the Tigers had just won 3 on the trot what their memberships would be maybe the first 100,000 club and crowds would be even bigger than they get now.
How about you do your amazing 'imagine they won three on the trot' theory with each of the AFL clubs and let us know how many members each club would have. Do you think they would also have bigger crowds like the Tigers?

How about you do your amazing 'imagine they won three on the trot' theory with each of the AFL clubs and let us know how many members each club would have. Do you think they would also have bigger crowds like the Tigers?

Some would like Carlton, Collingwood ,Essendon and even Melbourne would and at least turn up in big numbers.What Im pointing out about Hawthorn is you might have 78,000 members on the books is that they dont turn up to matches like other clubs fans do

Have a look at the pathetic crowds in Tassie where you are supposed to have a lot of members and its not that hard to get to Tassie and cheap as well but it dosent look like many Hawks fans bother to go over anymore.

BTW for a State like Tassie that is broke and propped up by the rest of the nations taxes its a disgrace that they are still wasting money on this past its used by date venture.If I was a Tassie voter I would be pissed off with this failing deal.The North deal is not much better I doubt that Tassie gets thousands of extra tourists becacuse of these games being played there So whats the payoff a few local pollies being wined and dined by the AFL?.

In Melbourne?

Rd 2 Hawthorn v Adelaide 37420
Rd 4 Hawthorn v Geelong 62230
Rd 5 Hawthorn v West Coast 28997

Plus away games against Essendon and Melbourne

Rd 1 Essendon v Hawthorn 78294
Rd 7 Melbourne v Hawthorn 38864

The Hawks are currently 2-5 with the 2nd worst percentage in the league. Now how do the giants from Cairo Bay compare?

Rd 2 Geelong v North Melbourne 30917
Rd 3 Geelong v Melbourne 29733
Rd 6 Geelong v Collingwood 46453

Plus away games against Hawthorn and St Kilda

Rd 4 Hawthorn v Geelong 62230
Rd 5 St Kilda v Geelong 33888

The Cats are currently 5-2 and a top 4 contender

The Hawks wagon has dropped a bit from the 4 peat bid last year perhaps (42977 v West Coast, 45853 v Adelaide, 61887 v Sydney) but what other club hasn't slide post era.

But what about Geelong. Even with our alarming slide (lol) our numbers are about 15,000 more than Geelong get to a game :drunk:

3 flags and consistent finals appearances and your crowds and membership are still pathetic. Go figure?

I was surprised Hawks were averaging 39k after seven round
This is including a game in Tassie
A game at Gold Coast
Two Sunday late games
And only one night game

As has been said early rounds usually draw pretty well with all the blockbuster and public holidays

But the crowds but so far we are tracking for our 8th highest average of all time which isn't terrible

On another note it's good to see the Dees far and away having their best season as far as average attendances go, they are averaging 44k which is great to see

I was surprised Hawks were averaging 39k after seven round
This is including a game in Tassie
A game at Gold Coast
Two Sunday late games
And only one night game

As has been said early rounds usually draw pretty well with all the blockbuster and public holidays

But the crowds but so far we are tracking for our 8th highest average of all time which isn't terrible

On another note it's good to see the Dees far and away having their best season as far as average attendances go, they are averaging 44k which is great to see
Lets see what the average is like at the end of the season after the coming normal winter downturn in crowds and you dont make the finals Thats the true test.

Some would like Carlton, Collingwood ,Essendon and even Melbourne would and at least turn up in big numbers.What Im pointing out about Hawthorn is you might have 78,000 members on the books is that they dont turn up to matches like other clubs fans do

Have a look at the pathetic crowds in Tassie where you are supposed to have a lot of members and its not that hard to get to Tassie and cheap as well but it dosent look like many Hawks fans bother to go over anymore.

BTW for a State like Tassie that is broke and propped up by the rest of the nations taxes its a disgrace that they are still wasting money on this past its used by date venture.If I was a Tassie voter I would be pissed off with this failing deal.The North deal is not much better I doubt that Tassie gets thousands of extra tourists becacuse of these games being played there So whats the payoff a few local pollies being wined and dined by the AFL?.
Axtually the Numbers add up as expected. 9k Tas members. Crowds always 10k - 15k. Even if just 1000 fans travel and spend $500 each that pays for the games.
And you can look at the HAwtjorn crowd v members thing two ways. Your negative side. Ad the positive side that our fans buy a membership even if they can't make it to games. Which is the obvious truth.

It could be worse. They could like Geelong and not have any members or fans that attend games...

I guess that's the reason why Geelong inevitably goes to the government cap in hand for their stadium upgrades (which are all chronically over budgeted)

It could be worse. They could like Geelong and not have any members or fans that attend games...

I guess that's the reason why Geelong inevitably goes to the government cap in hand for their stadium upgrades (which are all chronically over budgeted)
Eg just like the hawks did for their ground & sponsorship deal in Tasmania & to the AFL for their training venue?

Pot = Black? At least Geelong are not sucking money from a broke State government like Tassie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back