Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Mod edit: Sorry dave, minor Hijack

Final 2016 Figures

2016AFLMembers.png

AFLMembershinphographic-AFL.jpg

Previous threads

Essendon are off and running for 2017 and likely to be the big mover. Should go well above 60,000.

Current tally: 102

Last edited by a moderator:
Be interesting to see if the Hawks drop off much

And conversely, if the Giants spike significantly

Saints should push 42,000 which would be impressive

What about Collingwood - lazy 70k probably

It will be interesting to see what GWS get, are we looking 20 ? Or is that far to ambitious.

What about Collingwood - lazy 70k probably

It will be interesting to see what GWS get, are we looking 20 ? Or is that far to ambitious.
Some bolsters and sliders.
Likely Bolters: Bulldogs (45,000), Demons (40,000), Saints (40,000), Bombers (65,000), Giants (16,000).
Sliders perhaps; Tigers (68,000), Kangaroos (38,000), Pies (70,000),

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2017.

When you look at the underlying membership revenue it really puts the numbers in to perspective though. 40,000 bulldogs members isn't anything compared to 40,000 for freo/wc/adelaide/port e or other clubs with season tickets linked in.

Why would you forecast a 7,100 drop in North Melbourne memberships? Wishful thinking?
No not at all.. I have zero interest in the Roos. I just have a feeling it's the end of an era and the club will message a refurbishment of their list. I think the Roos will do well to hold membership to flat. Maybe -7,000 a bit steep but certainly a drop of 2-3,000 on the cards.

No not at all.. I have zero interest in the Roos. I just have a feeling it's the end of an era and the club will message a refurbishment of their list. I think the Roos will do well to hold membership to flat. Maybe -7,000 a bit steep but certainly a drop of 2-3,000 on the cards.

I really think Harveys delisting is a mistake, could backfire big time, especially if they do not get off to a good start, whatsmore the money they could have made of 450 game merchandise just doesn't make sense to me.

Wasn't as though he was on big money either.

Anyone wanna have a crack at how many members the Dogs will get? Surely they'll aim for 50k? This flag may set them up for a long time.

Some bolsters and sliders.
Likely Bolters: Bulldogs (45,000), Demons (40,000), Saints (40,000), Bombers (65,000), Giants (16,000).
Sliders perhaps; Tigers (68,000), Kangaroos (38,000), Pies (70,000),

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2017.
looks about right.
I'd expect the Eagles and Crows to again possibly break their own records also.

Apparently memberships that guarantee a GF ticket are already sold out.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ts-after-grand-final-win-20161003-gru0tq.html

Can confirm...took me 4 days of calling to talk to someone on phone to become member.

Gold Home - Sold Out (there is a waitlist to cover 2016 members not renewing) ...includes premium seating Level 2 all Home & Social club (priority 2 GF)

Premium Circle adder - Sold Out ...guarantees GF seated ticket (priority 1)

Silver Home - Limited new members available ...includes premium seating Level 1 all Home (priority 3 GF ballot)

Social Club adder - Sold Out (there is a waitlist to cover 2016 members not renewing)...guarantees (priority 2) GF ticket seated or standing depending on ballot

Obviously wanted Gold & Premium circle but today had to settle for Silver Home & on waitlist for Gold plus waitlist for Social club as backup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon have a couple of really good initiatives in 2017.

They're offering members free access to the away 'Country Game' in 2017. Basically 12 games for the price off 11.

They're also offering a 6 game membership offering access to any 6 home or away matches in Melbourne. This means greater flexibility but also membership accessing away fixtures which I thinks a great idea.

I'm actually scared that GWS will surpass us in membership next year. A team that's competing for a flag next year, could almost scratch it in as a free GF ticket, against cellar dwellars in a state that has 3 strong League teams.

I'm actually scared that GWS will surpass us in membership next year. A team that's competing for a flag next year, could almost scratch it in as a free GF ticket, against cellar dwellars in a state that has 3 strong League teams.

It's a fair point, not sure that will happen, but there's no doubting easier access to grand final tickets (or at least a higher probability of gaining tickets) might prove attractive to some.

Melbourne doing very well. I think +4,000 V same time last year. Good vibe around Demonland translating yo membership.

Richmond and Hawthorn were well and truly on sale this time last year for 2016. Are they off and running? I think the Tigers were over 50K by mid November for 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back