2017 Membership - The March Towards 50k!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyway moving on. Am I the only one that didn't get a Bulldog mag this year? Would have liked to have kept stuff like that in a premiership year. Hope I get one in 17'.
I got one. It did arrive separately/later than the member pack though. I seem to recall some others mentioning they ran out for late sign ups.

Perhaps the $20 womens team donation could have been better used to offset our historical debt. Last I heard, we were still up around the $8 to $10million mark.

Possible 50k members in 2017. Possible $20 donation from each. Possible $1 million off our debt in one fell swoop.

For all the great management decisions our club has come up with, including obtaining a womens team licence, we will forever be a held back until we eradicate our debt.

Perhaps the $20 womens team donation could have been better used to offset our historical debt. Last I heard, we were still up around the $8 to $10million mark.

Possible 50k members in 2017. Possible $20 donation from each. Possible $1 million off our debt in one fell swoop.

For all the great management decisions our club has come up with, including obtaining a womens team licence, we will forever be a held back until we eradicate our debt.

I read somewhere (would need to search hard to find it now) that Peter Gordon said our debt was down to $6m and that it should be gone by 2020.

I'd expect at least a coupla mil from prize money and merchandise would go towards reducing it.

I read somewhere (would need to search hard to find it now) that Peter Gordon said our debt was down to $6m and that it should be gone by 2020.

I'd expect at least a coupla mil from prize money and merchandise would go towards reducing it.
You have it correct.

The Dogs have made more money from merchandising than previously thought possible, have halved their debt to $6 million in just four years and will be clear of debt by 2020.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-gr...ag-is-just-the-beginning-20161002-grtahy.html

AFL prize money for winning the Premiership is 1.2M.

Went to renew, but upgrading to bronze reserved. anybody know if decent seats left? also if I do it online, they are randomly generated? is it best to call the club tomorrow?

If it didn't get direct debited, perhaps it will come out on 28/11/2016 in a lump payment. Interesting as I had payment plan this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got through on second call. Another wait time of 16mins though, however life goes on.

Reserved bronze seats are in Bay 36, 37 and 38 and within the 10 rows from the front so I'm very happy. The man on the phone said that I should expect a phone call within a few days/weeks about my actual seat allocation. Anybody else get the same?

Also for family, it's $30 for the women's donation (which happily paid for)

23. Premiership and Finals Prize Money A prize money pool of $1.1 million (excluding GST) will be distributed by the AFL to the AFL Clubs, which finish in the top 4 in an AFL Season, to be redistributed to Players on the List of that Club in the relevant year on an equitable basis in accordance with guidelines agreed to between the AFL and AFLPA.

23. Premiership and Finals Prize Money A prize money pool of $1.1 million (excluding GST) will be distributed by the AFL to the AFL Clubs, which finish in the top 4 in an AFL Season, to be redistributed to Players on the List of that Club in the relevant year on an equitable basis in accordance with guidelines agreed to between the AFL and AFLPA.
Any idea what the guidelines are?

Anybody knows what happens to reserved seat members in ballarat?

I don't think anyone knows. At best it would be priority entry you would reckon. Seats would go to clubs and high level coterie/sponsors and some trickle down to gold members maybe.

Got my membership renewal email today and it said you can select some items. Got excited thinking I could select a scarf instead of a cap (I always put this as a suggestion in the annual survey), but alas it was cap or beanie. Oh well beanie it is - our caps are always a terrible shape imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back