2017 Membership - The March Towards 50k!

Remove this Banner Ad

I started off as a member in 2003, suffered through the Rhode era, enjoyed the Rocket time, I bought into the Macca philosophy and still think he contributed in many ways to this premiership.

In that time , I went from cheap seats on the third level, to cheer squad to reserved seats and social club. Next step will be Westerners or Coterie once the kids leave home, if they ever do.

Hoping my 2 VFL memberships turn up before the end of the week. Got my 2 AFL memberships. Ordered same day but delivered on two separate days to same address. Odd.

I started off as a member in 2003, suffered through the Rhode era, enjoyed the Rocket time, I bought into the Macca philosophy and still think he contributed in many ways to this premiership.

In that time , I went from cheap seats on the third level, to cheer squad to reserved seats and social club. Next step will be Westerners or Coterie once the kids leave home, if they ever do.
Started the journey from the bottom. :thumbsu:

My first membership was in 1983, the centenary year. Then i was a member off and on after that. I have been a continuous member since 1992, received my 25 year pin last year. Social club member since it became know as the EJ Whitten Social Club. Not sure what year that was.

Even though Footscray had always been my team, for my sins ;), living on another planet I didn't bother with membership, until the Fightback and then the name change woke me up. Went to the two losing PFs in 97 :'( and 98 :'( but jumped on the Terry Wallace bandwagon and became a member in 1999. Added social club when it started, let that lapse during the Macca years but got it back last year. Rarely attend games but the GF made up for everything :trophy: :).

Got my packs today, signed the missus up for this year replacing one i canceled for one of the kids.. Missus got hers earlier in the week and the one i canceled came with my pack as well. Seems like the cancelation was lost in translation somewhere.

Got this today. A Merry Christmas to me.

Must say that I am quite pleased with the quality of this years product. The scarf is a thing of beauty IMHO.

View attachment 321254
The scarf !! We are now officaly the AFL's most stylish fan base. We will all look so classy wearing that to games this upcoming season.

Going out on a limb here but I daresay they only put consecutive years on there to deter people from hopping off and on again. I reckon it's doing it's job if people aren't happy about losing their streak as it may make people think twice. I say this while acknowledging that there are often very valid reasons why people need to pause or defer their memberships but some of the reasons I've heard (not necessarily on here) are hogswash IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Scarf is so good...I generally only wear a scarf to the games to its good to have a nice looking one.

Bit disappointed that we might end up with less members than the saints by Christmas in a premiership year. They've really put in a great effort with all their extra media and content with their players doing funny/stupid stuff. Kind of has me wishing the dogs did the same.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Scarf is so good...I generally only wear a scarf to the games to its good to have a nice looking one.

Bit disappointed that we might end up with less members than the saints by Christmas in a premiership year. They've really put in a great effort with all their extra media and content with their players doing funny/stupid stuff. Kind of has me wishing the dogs did the same.

We may have fewer members than the Saints by Christmas, but this may not be the whole story. Our revenue will have risen as many of our members have upgraded. More have reserved seats, the Social Club has a waiting list, and the Top Dogs Coterie has sold out. Not sure if the same has happened there, so raw numbers don't necessarily match dollars. Also I think Bulldog members are traditionally slow to sign up, don't know if the Saints are the same.

Wait and see I guess.

On 22 dec 2015 the Saints were 3360 ahead of us. We beat them by 2000+ in the end.

Today we are ahead. By how much we don't know.

Got an email saying we've hit 30k. I have us at about 30,600 based on how many we gained per day between the 2nd and the 14th.

St Kilda:

Current Membership Tally (20/12/2016):

This Time Last Year (22/12/2015):

Difference:
+4,030

Projected Final Total:

(Stolen from St Kilda board)

ChristmasVideo-EDM-ART.jpg

The Western Bulldogs off-field momentum continues to grow with the Club reaching 30,000 members on Tuesday.

It’s the first time in the Club’s history the significant milestone has been reached before Christmas, with the tally 7,459 ahead of the same time last year – a 33 per cent increase.

After a record-breaking figure of 40,082 in 2016, the Bulldogs are now less than 10,000 members away from breaking the Club’s membership record.

The Club has seen significant increase across all categories, including a 16 per cent increase on reserved seat members and a 42 per cent increase on social club memberships from this time last year.

The Club has seen a high demand for EJ Whitten Social Club, Charles Sutton Premiership Circle and Premiership Gold categories, while the introduction of new Ballarat and women’s membership products have also contributed to the significant growth, with both categories selling well in their first month.

For more information or to sign up now visit https://membership.westernbulldogs.com.au/

******* crazy. #bemorebulldog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back