Club Mgmt. 2017 Membership Thread - 67,770 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

loonerty.jpg

I needed a good laugh great work haha.

Auto renewals kicked in. Only 20,000 that seems low compared to the last couple of years. Anyone have previous auto renewal numbers?

I might be wrong but I thought we did the auto renewals in batches rather than all at once, the timing of my renewal moves around year from year, there have been times in seasons past when we had a similar discussion yet the club has taken mine at a different stage.

I might be wrong but I thought we did the auto renewals in batches rather than all at once, the timing of my renewal moves around year from year, there have been times in seasons past when we had a similar discussion yet the club has taken mine at a different stage.
It might be in batches, in which case mine must've been allocated to the first batch because it would've rolled over on the 28th if I hadn't paid before that date. The day after was when it suddenly went up from barely over 10k to 20-30k etc.

My mates are trying to change our seats to the "active " section. What is this section and should I be worried?

40k!

edit: And an article. Revised goal of 45k by Christmas. :sunglasses:

40,000 members join Our Comeback Story
Essendon Football Club has passed another membership milestone with more than 40,000 members already signed up to Don the Sash for the 2017 season.

It’s the first time in the Club’s history that 40,000 members have signed up prior to Christmas.

CEO, Xavier Campbell, thanked the members for being part of the comeback story.

“To have 40,000 members signed up in the first week of December is testament to loyalty of our members and highlights the optimism surrounding the Club heading into season 2017,” Campbell said.

“Our goal was to reach 40,000 members by Christmas, so to reach this milestone in the first week of December is fantastic.

“Given the current momentum, we now appear on track to have 45,000 members signed up by Christmas, which would be a fantastic outcome.

“2017 is an important chapter in our Club’s comeback story, and we’re extremely pleased to see so many members are on board, and we remain confident we can surpass our all time membership record (61,317) in the new-year.”

The Club’s official membership tally currently stands at 40,094 compared to 31,432 at the same time last year.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-12-03/40000-members-join-our-comeback-story-

Last edited:

40k!

edit: And an article. Revised goal of 45k by Christmas. :sunglasses:

The Club’s official membership tally currently stands at 40,094 compared to 31,432 at the same time last year.

Bloody hell, almost 9000 ahead of last year.
Would think 5000 in the lead up to Christmas should be attainable.

Just thinking of all the true haters who thought we'd never reach such lofty heights again with membership numbers.

Just goes to show that it looks like we are headed back quickly to being the super power club along side the black n white mob.

Who knows, in 2018 we might pass them and take our rightful place at the top for membership.

It's an amazing tally atm that other big clubs must be looking at scratching their heads thinking WTF!

Hehe.

Have gone from a 3 gamer to a 6 gamer for next year. Spending more money but I think the boys will make it worth it. Lock me in for Round 1 can't wait!

I'm flying over from Perth to be there round one. Would not miss it for anything. I can hear the bomber roar now as they run onto the G. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking of all the true haters who thought we'd never reach such lofty heights again with membership numbers.

Just goes to show that it looks like we are headed back quickly to being the super power club along side the black n white mob.

Who knows, in 2018 we might pass them and take our rightful place at the top for membership.

It's an amazing tally atm that other big clubs must be looking at scratching their heads thinking WTF!

Hehe.
Agree. There's a real wave of optimism driving membership in 2017. If the vast slightly more 'casual' support get on board then anythings possible. I think there's a huge opportunity to get this segment who may not attend many games or live interstate to jump on board. The clubs efforts around engaging with these fans through non match going packages at reasonable prices will hopefully encourage them to take the next step. I think there's 5-10,000 extra members there alone. $75 is a lot of money for some but a well thought out plan can make it possible for many.

We have $10M debt and are building a Tulla site plan for the future. We need everyone on board now to assist the club in paying down debt and setting up the future as quickly as possible.

The fans have been tremendous and stuck fat. Now the club needs everyone back on board, and all the others that are more at arms length to join together in a united effort.

Hawthorn are the benchmark for how they enlisted their following in 1996 to rebuild and stabilise their club.. And over the last 10 years . Essendons time is now...

And btw, we might actually justifiably believe we may get a reasonable ROI with the football results over the next 5 years.

Good times ahead!!

I'm flying over from Perth to be there round one. Would not miss it for anything. I can hear the bomber roar now as they run onto the G. :)

I'll be down from Qld.

Agree. There's a real wave of optimism driving membership in 2017. If the vast slightly more 'casual' support get on board then anythings possible. I think there's a huge opportunity to get this segment who may not attend many games or live interstate to jump on board. The clubs efforts around engaging with these fans through non match going packages at reasonable prices will hopefully encourage them to take the next step. I think there's 5-10,000 extra members there alone. $75 is a lot of money for some but a well thought out plan can make it possible for many.

We have $10M debt and are building a Tulla site plan for the future. We need everyone on board now to assist the club in paying down debt and setting up the future as quickly as possible.

The fans have been tremendous and stuck fat. Now the club needs everyone back on board, and all the others that are more at arms length to join together in a united effort.

Hawthorn are the benchmark for how they enlisted their following in 1996 to rebuild and stabilise their club.. And over the last 10 years . Essendons time is now...

And btw, we might actually justifiably believe we may get a reasonable ROI with the football results over the next 5 years.

Good times ahead!!

I understand the point but the club should not assume that I and many others have renewed out of some concern for the club's debt, they got themselves into the hole and its their problem, easy solution, start making the finals and winning them.

Also the club does need to get away from what has been a terribly piss poor period in its management history, the club has wasted millions because it became lazy and even then it has continued to waste members money, the club's actions have been tolerated, now its time for payback, which can only be done on the field.

Belting Hawthorn in round 1 is what I support this club for, it can find someone else to plug its financial mismanagement.

I understand the point but the club should not assume that I and many others have renewed out of some concern for the club's debt, they got themselves into the hole and its their problem, easy solution, start making the finals and winning them.

Also the club does need to get away from what has been a terribly piss poor period in its management history, the club has wasted millions because it became lazy and even then it has continued to waste members money, the club's actions have been tolerated, now its time for payback, which can only be done on the field.

Belting Hawthorn in round 1 is what I support this club for, it can find someone else to plug its financial mismanagement.
Yep you're entitled to your view.. Though my overwhelming sense is we need to move on and unite which is most likely going to best serve the club for future succes. A strong and united Essendon supporter base will assist the club in so many ways. Let's move on and have faith the current administration will deliver much greater results than previous ones. Paying off debt quickly is critical and frees up resources to be invested in more productive ways to deliver on field success.

Yep you're entitled to your view.. Though my overwhelming sense is we need to move on and unite which is most likely going to best serve the club for future succes. A strong and united Essendon supporter base will assist the club in so many ways. Let's move on and have faith the current administration will deliver much greater results than previous ones. Paying off debt quickly is critical and frees up resources to be invested in more productive ways to deliver on field success.

I agree and I have been very impressed with how we have been able to come together, that was something I was pleased about with the 2016 season, a lessor club would have fractured, instead we have come out of this whole saga, a strong united club, even stronger than we already were, everyone from the board down to the reception has played their part in that.

This is what makes 2017 look exciting, the club has come out of it in far better shape than it went into the saga.

Thinking of buying a membership next payday, what's the difference between the general admission seat under the Flexi Home membership and the reserved seat under the Bronze?

If I get to the ground early enough with the general admission will I be more or less assured of a seat?

Thinking of buying a membership next payday, what's the difference between the general admission seat under the Flexi Home membership and the reserved seat under the Bronze?

If I get to the ground early enough with the general admission will I be more or less assured of a seat?
Bronze is the front of the wings on level 3 at Etihad, and behind goal on level 1 (from memory). GA is behind goal and the back of the wings on level 3. Last year GA was basically empty an hour before the game started but whether that works for next year or not I couldn't tell you. fwiw I bought a flexi Home for next year. If it's that bad getting a seat then I'll just upgrade my seat at the ticket box. From what they were saying at the member forum only about half of our memberships are access memberships so reserved seating isn't full anyway.

Ordered the members polo today. Hopefully this year it fits. Last year I ordered a medium and I was swimming in it. Had to give it to a friend who usually wears a XXL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back