Prediction 2017 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the membership packs are after Christmas this uear. No problem for me I just have to keep an eye because they use a private courier and have had to track down deliveries from the Giants thrown at the first person they could find before.

Well done club amd fans. Now on to another record. Any chance of 20K?
I think we hit 20k and then comes the cream if are in contention next year. I keep running into criticism with these forecasts, but I'm a pessimost by nature.
I think it's important we do grow numbers, but some applecarts are going to be upset on BF and generally as our supporter base changes, bookmark it.

So what is a realistic membership number for 2017 then ?.

Anyone have a guesstimate ?.
I think this year a lot of people that signed uo during the year have jumped on board at the start. Unfortunately i think majority of the next bunch will be new converts again. But thats the name of this game. Be in the top 4 by the mid season break and 18-20k i think is possible. But not much more than that

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would love to know any stats on how many 3 gamers from last year have upgraded to 8 gamers.

You could conceivably have no increase in the number of members but significantly increase the revenue and average crowd.

Can also see a big upswing in sales of the 3 game membership this year as more people like what they saw on tv last year and decide to dip a toe in the water.

So what is a realistic membership number for 2017 then ?.

Anyone have a guesstimate ?.
23k I stick my kneck out. Think profile from finals will fire first timers up as we approach tje first spotless game in round 2. An unexpected spurt then.

I could be way off the mark here and FWIW i doubt that GWS will ever be as big as the Swans, bit like PA to AD and Freo to WC, GC to Bris - just a fact of life being second or in Ports case being first but hated by 80% of the football public. But i think the race to become self funding and reliant by GWS will be much quicker than the Swans.

I look at footy in Sydney like a bit of a snowball travelling down a hill, the Swans took quite a few years to be accepted, make money, build a strong viable junior base in the Northern and eastern suburbs and reach critical mass, in theory GWS should do this quicker.

Of course, that is the theory ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could be way off the mark here and FWIW i doubt that GWS will ever be as big as the Swans, bit like PA to AD and Freo to WC, GC to Bris - just a fact of life being second or in Ports case being first but hated by 80% of the football public. But i think the race to become self funding and reliant by GWS will be much quicker than the Swans.

I look at footy in Sydney like a bit of a snowball travelling down a hill, the Swans took quite a few years to be accepted, make money, build a strong viable junior base in the Northern and eastern suburbs and reach critical mass, in theory GWS should do this quicker.

Of course, that is the theory ;)
The potential in the marketing area for GWS is immense though. A huge population now and growing massively. Lots of young families in dormitory suburbs looking for things to do, including sport. If the AFL and the club exploit that potential to the maximum, GWS could be a massive club in 20-30 years. Add to that, Canberra...

Have there been delays in getting out the 2017 membership packs? I signed up to the Ultimate pack pretty much the day after they were released but haven't received anything yet.

I thought the club might be sending it all out next year but quite a number of friends have received their respective clubs' kit before xmas

Have there been delays in getting out the 2017 membership packs? I signed up to the Ultimate pack pretty much the day after they were released but haven't received anything yet.

I thought the club might be sending it all out next year but quite a number of friends have received their respective clubs' kit before xmas
The club has said that the packs will not be out till the new year

The club has said that the packs will not be out till the new year

Oh good - I moved house recently so was getting a little worried my pack had been sent to the wrong address! I called up membership hq a while back to update the address so glad it's a general delay rather than some rando in my old place getting all my Giants gear :)

Oh good - I moved house recently so was getting a little worried my pack had been sent to the wrong address! I called up membership hq a while back to update the address so glad it's a general delay rather than some rando in my old place getting all my Giants gear :)
You'ĺl get emails when when it is dispatched and with the courier. Last year was before Christmas, but the website always said it may not be.

Ok, talk to me here people.

Sydney giant v members Reserve.

Comparisons? Recommendations? Figured I can feasibly manage a membership this year and get to games. Just to figure out which is best.
I've had the Sydney Giant package for the last 2 years and a seat in the members stand. Not sure I've really gotten much benefit except possibly Swans games. 2015 seating was random anyway with plenty of options. Last it became more sit in your own seat if necessary with ushers taking seriously complaints someone was in your seat.
Works for me just to lnow the seat is there regardless, more of a psychological thing. I'm not a lover of crowds but am of watching the Giants play.

Ok, talk to me here people.

Sydney giant v members Reserve.

Comparisons? Recommendations? Figured I can feasibly manage a membership this year and get to games. Just to figure out which is best.
We took Sydney Giants packages from members reserve a few years ago so we could be assured of brilliant seats. I saw it as an investment in the future. We automatically get the best seats every year now and into the future, plus the little extra it costs does help the club.

Started out as Sydney Giants but our seats were crap (looking straight into the sun from the lower bowl in front of the Cumberland or Martin & Angus) but that was 2012 and I realise member seating has changed since. But we were so pi$$ed at our seats for the last couple of game we went and sat in the members reserve and have been doing so ever since.

We usually get there early enough to get our "regular" seats and pretty much see the same faces around us in theirs, though it is a lottery if you're running late and I expect it to be more crowded this year.

What I would love is to be able to upgrade and guarantee the seats we've been sitting in for four years now, because I really like where we sit.

e6ec22cd06b2b4dfc9399a788213cc82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back