Prediction 2017 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

The novelty wearing off Adelaide Oval? Where do people pull this stuff from? There is no novelty and never was. People simply enjoy going to the football at a city based stadium far more than they did at that outer suburban shithole. The state government probably could have re-build Football Park in the city location and the crowds would have flocked.
Where to people pull this stuff from - ummm, what about being fact!. You don't think a new venue wont have an initial spike in attendance when the club is firing? Reality, Have a look at the attendance from 2014 to 2016.

Where to people pull this stuff from - ummm, what about being fact!. You don't think a new venue wont have an initial spike in attendance when the club is firing? Reality, Have a look at the attendance from 2014 to 2016.

Had our form continued on the upward trajectory many had expected following on from 2014 the crowds would have been pouring through the gates. As it is our crowds are still far from poor despite having not played finals in two years. Form is the only factor in the slight drop off.

If you only win 4 of 11 home games you will see a decline on the previous 2 years especially when one game is on a night that was supposed to be gale winds and downpour ( it wasn't as bad but the forecast was over a 2 day lead up), the season was almost over and the opponent has about 12 travelling fans.

I will stick this in here seeing its the official membership thread, but our target should be 65,000 which would mean 57,000 audited members and we would still be tracking the Hawks growth nicely from their decline off field ie making a PF in 2001 and then finishing 15th, 2nd bottom in 2004, which is similar to out GF in 2007 and then finishing 2nd bottom in 2011. But we gotta start making finals and top 4 to stay on track. Oh and do what the Hawks do and make all kids passes $51 so they count as members and access members by giving them GA games rights

That's really interesting REH - what is the cost/content of our current juniors package and is there any reason why we shouldn't also do this?
I've checked weareportadelaide.com.au and there is no info there currently as the new membership packages are yet to be announced.

Going online to that awful ticketmaster site to renew my Interstate membership, it has an option called "Interstate Gold", but no information on what this includes. The club membership site doesn't either. Anyone know what the difference is (I know it isn't the Live Pass, because that's priced separately)?

That's really interesting REH - what is the cost/content of our current juniors package and is there any reason why we shouldn't also do this?
I've checked weareportadelaide.com.au and there is no info there currently as the new membership packages are yet to be announced.
Non access kids packages were priced at $40 and babies at $20 or $30. At Footy Park the kids $40 type package had 11 game access because we struggled to draw a crowd. If you want your kid to sit with you in a reserved seat you have to pay a lot more than $40. I think an 11 game GA kids ticket is $70.

Last edited:
Non access kids packages were priced at $40 and babies at $20 or $30. At Footy Park the kids $49 type package had 11 game access because we struggled to draw a crowd. If you want your kid to sit with you in a reserved seat you have to pay a lot more than $40. I think an 11 game GA kids ticket is $70.

Thanks REH! It would definitely make sense to increase the price to $50 and add in some game access to meet AFL criteria - wouldn't even need to be all 11 games either.

yeah, the club is doing s**t recently, but I think we can all agree that we'd still be much more likely to attend a game at Adelaide Oval than AAMI Stadium when Port is doing poorly. The club aren't going to be successful forever (as much as I wish they were), but at least AO has a much more lively atmosphere, GDV, better public transport options and much easier to go out afterwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks REH! It would definitely make sense to increase the price to $50 and add in some game access to meet AFL criteria - wouldn't even need to be all 11 games either.

I'd say not even increasing the cost or increasing it by a negligible amount and throwing in 11 game access is plenty, because many parents will buy their kids food/drink at the game. I could be wrong, REH could probably correct or confirm this, but don't we get a share of the takings?
IMO it's just as important to get as many people to our games as possible than it is to meet AFL criteria in growing our membership base.

it wont be AO that sees membership and attendance fall.. it will be mediocre performances and weak as piss list management / selections / gold passes that will dictate that
True. My point is you have diehard fans on bigfooty that go rain hail n shine. But also there are fans who ride success wave and initial lure of a new adelaide oval.

Missed finals two consecutive seasons, underwhelming trade period, underwhelming coaching changes. Gonna be hard to flog memberships for 2017. If we crack 60k again everyone in the membership dept deserves a huge bonus.

Membership info is up at link below. All the reserved seat options and Essential Power arent up yet. The GA 11 gamer has gone up from $175 to $190.

https://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/membership/

Last years membership costs for comparison are archived at
https://web.archive.org/web/20151031221923/http://www.weareportadelaide.com.au/membership

Onward To Victory you will not Junior Power $40, Baby $20 and Junior Magpie $40 are still the same cost.
Essential Power Platinum has gone from $430 to $440.

Last edited:
Club 1870 has stayed the same.
Yes, I received the renewal email today. Same price. I asked them to downgrade me back to Gold, which is what I had until 2016. I don't see the value of the Club1870 membership (especially since I kept the same reserve seat as per my gold membership).

Any ideas on the best way an individual to communicate to the club how unhappy you are with the current state of affairs, without actually going as far as not renewing your membership?

Would not go the extreme measure because the club is bigger and more important than the clowns currently running the show (is the mantra I am repeating while slowly rocking back and forth.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back