2017 Memberships

Discussion in 'Carlton' started by Aphrodite, Oct 5, 2016.

Put it out there
  1. F the Rest

F the Rest Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    hospo worker, can confirm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. MEB_

MEB_ Mumma Mebbie

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Yarra Pigeons, K-Flat Roos, Rebels
    I worked Friday nights, Saturday crossover and Sunday days for 4 years. Was not a member.

3. 2blue4u

2blue4u Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Well if u read properly in the first place a true supporter is not someone who starts turning up when we win and a true supporter is not someone who just turns up because w have a big name playing for us. Read it properly next time. If u think u are a true supporter because you start supporting when the club is winning then righto good for u. Read what i said properly next time.

4. Blue__Balls

Blue__Balls Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Don't think there's a "True Supporter" checklist, fella.

My opinion, the truest supporters are the ones who can't get to games but grab a membership anyway. I ain't one of them, but I take my hat off to them. Everyone else is in it for themselves one way or another - you're either buying discounted tickets or merchandise, or you're saving your money and watching the games on TV when you get time. Not everyone has the luxury of blowing hundreds of dollars on footy tickets every year, so I'm not going to begrudge the ones that pinch their pennies until they feel confident they won't be buying tickets to a shit show.

Juddrockz likes this.
  5. The Edukator

The Edukator Club Legend

Gold Coast
    Other teams:
    Can't agree with you. As a paid up member for double digit years that attends double digit games every year I'm not just emotionally invested. I'm actually giving to the club.

Don't know how you can compare an armchair supporter or fair weather one.

It's not all about money I get that but those who pay are quantifiably contributing and some.

6. 2blue4u

2blue4u Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    If u read the post properly in the first place then u might understand. I live interstate and i buy a membership. If u buy one or dont buy 1 good for u. All that is needed is the absolute cheapest membership and u can pay it off anyway. I am sure 3 or $5 a month most people would be able to afford to pay. Even watching them on TV still supports the club because the more viewers means more chance of better TV slots. My point was if u need a big name midfield in the team or only start supporting the team when we are winning then thats not actual supporter. As u said yourself u can support in many ways .

7. Canyouhearthedrums

Canyouhearthedrums Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    No question. A supporter who actually supports the club financially is a different beast to others.

The Edukator likes this.
  8. KnobHead

KnobHead Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Can't agree - what if they simply can't afford it?

Not everyone has well paying jobs. A lot of people really struggle to make ends meet. Some may well love the club more than those who can afford a membership.

Additionally, memberships on their own don't keep a club living. Those who subscribe to Foxtel , or even watch free to air, are indirectly supporting Carlton financially.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

thylacine60 and Teagueeee15 like this.
  9. Canyouhearthedrums

Canyouhearthedrums Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Fair point re wages etc. But there are various options for memberships, including 3 games ones, interstate ones. If you really can't afford a 3 game membership or an interstate one, fine. But I think those are the exception.

Of course there are other revenue streams but i think it's as much about the principle than the actual $$$ amount. Make a direct contribution to the club, even if it's only a small one.

KnobHead and The Edukator like this.
  10. KnobHead

KnobHead Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Think this is one we won't agree on, CYHTD. For mine, a person's support of the club shouldn't be valued on making a financial contribution, particularly if someone can't afford it.

In fact, would prefer not to set a criteria on what determines a "good" supporter.

If someone supports Carlton that's enough for me, end up having a good chat with them.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

11. mmhau

mmhau Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Does anyone think if we can ever be a top four team like cat have done our membership would reach 70k??? I just wonder for we have the supports like Richmond, Collingwood have for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)