2017 Mid-priced madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

D5 and D6?

Your defence must be stacked.

Which lines are weaker?
I mean that they'll end up as my D5 and D6 from ~$440k starting price, averaging a comfortable 90-93 and play 22 games :)

Tuohy, Jones, Beams, O'Meara, Roughy. Had Steele and Kelly but upgraded Kelly to Pendles and have another forward rookie.
Fairly confident of durability of the returning fallen premiums. O'Meara, Roughy have played full game times, hopefully will improve scoring & Beams looks good.

My team got so many mid pricers

My team got so many midpricers...
It gonna finish 111,111 out of 222,222 teams

Butler will be my higest averaging player

All my players gonna score 55.5's

Jack Watts is my M1 and I didn't even select him

It gonna finish 1 above Jackie_Chiles team

when I win Supercoach I'll only get 25k

My team got so many mid pricers
But, my capt pod mid-pricer is m.murphy, cant go past him at his price
100-105 avg no sweat :)

1c4581a8402db74e9acde91db9937acb.jpg

It gonna finish 111,111 out of 222,222 teams

Butler will be my higest averaging player

All my players gonna score 55.5's

Jack Watts is my M1 and I didn't even select him

It gonna finish 1 above Jackie_Chiles team

when I win Supercoach I'll only get 25k
Pisser!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuohy, Jones, Beams, O'Meara, Roughy. Had Steele and Kelly but upgraded Kelly to Pendles and have another forward rookie.
Fairly confident of durability of the returning fallen premiums. O'Meara, Roughy have played full game times, hopefully will improve scoring & Beams looks good.
I'm 50/50 on roughy atm, he'd have to be keeper at his price and not sure I can choose him as a keeper after such a long spell away.

Sometimes I wish I had a "locked for Round 1" button that I could use on other players!

My great defensive POD this year is Zak Jones. Last year it was Sheridan who was the next Lachie Neale. That worked out well, was certainly a POD. What can possibly go wrong?

Last year was different. Libba, M Crouch, B Crouch, Lonergan, Sheriden, Rich, Kolo, Gray, Greene, Hall. New roles, big pre seasons.

Beams, Ryder, Nank, JOM, Swallow, Roughhead, Higgins, Steele, Billings, Oliver, Tuohy, Lloyd, Mills, Jones, Macmillion and even big Matty Kreuzer.

This year is different, right?

Last year was different. Libba, M Crouch, B Crouch, Lonergan, Sheriden, Rich, Kolo, Gray, Greene, Hall. New roles, big pre seasons.

Beams, Ryder, Nank, JOM, Swallow, Roughhead, Higgins, Steele, Billings, Oliver, Tuohy, Lloyd, Mills, Jones, Macmillion and even big Matty Kreuzer.

This year is different, right?
kosh.jpg

Insert quote lads, fire away.

Last edited:
Roughead vs Steele.
JSteele gets the nod from me. Very unlike me to go for an unproven midpricer especially when Roughy is really a fallen premium... but
a year out of the game and what Roughy's body went through in treatment has to take it's toll eventually.
Steele will get more midfield time at the Saints than what he ever had at GWS.
In JLT Steele won plenty of contested ball, 27CP over 180%TOG (3games) beats Swallow 21CP from 199%TOG and is comparable to the more expensive Oliver with 34CP from 212%TOG and O'Meara with 30CP from 212%TOG. Roughy with 13CP from 258%TOG.
Steele had 27 tackles over his 3 games, 12 more than his nearest rival at that price Oliver with 15 and next to Zorko the highest tackle count for any player in the JLT series. Roughy with 13.
Roughy had 57 disposals to Steele's 58 disp, but Roughy from an extra 78%TOG.
Take what you want from JLT stats and usually it's fake news, but if you want a demonstration of how Steele will fit into the team at Saints this year I'm willing to back plenty of midfield time for Steele.
Also Steele being DPP fwd/mid is worth noting the value of being able to switch players around for trading in the early rounds, as well as looping setups.
I'm shipping Steele.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back