Position 2017 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done same .....can't help feeling up at the Gold Coast, Ablett's flying under the media radar

Yep I'm the same Just crumbled T Mitchell out - SC Royalty GAJ in to join his bro's Danger, King Nat and Treloar.

Yep I'm the same Just crumbled T Mitchell out - SC Royalty GAJ in to join his bro's Danger, King Nat and Treloar.
Same mids as me ......i looked at GAJ first 6 games last year, when he struggled with that shoulder .....all 100's

He'll be better this year .....just hasn't had the media hype to affect the SC community

Same mids as me ......i looked at GAJ first 6 games last year, when he struggled with that shoulder .....all 100's

He'll be better this year .....just hasn't had the media hype to affect the SC community

GC have bucket loads more mid depth this year to take heat off him - GAJ may also play more fwd where he could well be devastating.

GC have bucket loads more mid depth this year to take heat off him - GAJ may also play more fwd where he could well be devastating.
The GC mids are no-where near as good as GAJ ......coach will get his best player in the heat of the kitchen ......got a great crop of draftees to replenish the midfield with high quality ......but not this season, so GAJ in the midfield & resting forward

The GC mids are no-where near as good as GAJ ......coach will get his best player in the heat of the kitchen ......got a great crop of draftees to replenish the midfield with high quality ......but not this season, so GAJ in the midfield & resting forward

No doubt, guys like Pearce, Barlow especially, Swallow and Lyons will soak up physical punishment and that will protect the champ.

But IMO GAJ will play a bit more fwd. not truckloads but a bit.

GC will massively improve IMO and almost knock on the door of the 8. More points.

Kelly by plenty
Yeah have had him in my side for weeks, but started thinking that Watson would be more consistent... I think Kelly will be huge this year though and become a top 10 player... fingers crossed

No doubt, guys like Pearce, Barlow especially, Swallow and Lyons will soak up physical punishment and that will protect the champ.

But IMO GAJ will play a bit more fwd. not truckloads but a bit.

GC will massively improve IMO and almost knock on the door of the 8. More points.
Builds a lot of his score through cheap one-twos, more experienced side & better mids so I'm hoping he isn't the go to guy as much.

Hope, that's all it is, coz he's a Legend!!!

I can never decide between Hannebery, Parker or JPK.

Had both Hannebery and Parker last year. Might go back to JPK for a change *shrugs*
Neither of them then, i got rid of hanners tonight for neale so i could afford to go Smith > Hibberd.

Still not sure how i feel about this, but if i had to pick id go Hanners at this stage of the year.

I need to find a way to get GAJ in my side instead of Selwood (currently 8k off). I feel dirty not starting with him for the first time in forever.

Then again I started without Dependelbury for the first time this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need to find a way to get GAJ in my side instead of Selwood (currently 8k off). I feel dirty not starting with him for the first time in forever.

Then again I started without Dependelbury for the first time this year.
Hows no pendles working out haha

The Goat only in 7.7% of teams,Nice POD
Been doing a lot of research on him and I can't shake the feeling Eade is planning for 2018 without Gary, and will promote the young guys ahead of him in midfield.

A predicted 60/40 fwd/mid split isn't ideal for a 620k player. But coaches do talk s**t and he could still score well even if that is the case.

Plus he's GAJ, I'm seriously considering making a few changes to bring him in.

Been doing a lot of research on him and I can't shake the feeling Eade is planning for 2018 without Gary, and will promote the young guys ahead of him in midfield.

A predicted 60/40 fwd/mid split isn't ideal for a 620k player. But coaches do talk s**t and he could still score well even if that is the case.

Plus he's GAJ, I'm seriously considering making a few changes to bring him in.

His body has struggled for the last 3 years, I doubt at 32 in his twilight with GC zero chance of pushing for flag contention that they will play him as a solid mid.

He always said even when he was at Geelong he wanted to end his career in the forward line and play on as long as he could. Unless he has conceded that he is at the end of the road, I would expect to see him play alot more forward.

He will do very well there, but not at 620K.

They have a more mature midfield now that doesn't require him to do the bulk of the work, so why would he, if he plays full time mid, then he will not see out the season.

His body has struggled for the last 3 years, I doubt at 32 in his twilight with GC zero chance of pushing for flag contention that they will play him as a solid mid.

He always said even when he was at Geelong he wanted to end his career in the forward line and play on as long as he could. Unless he has conceded that he is at the end of the road, I would expect to see him play alot more forward.

He will do very well there, but not at 620K.

They have a more mature midfield now that doesn't require him to do the bulk of the work, so why would he, if he plays full time mid, then he will not see out the season.
But... It's Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back