Position 2017 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see Ablett spending much time in the middle given:

- Risk to his shoulder
- Midfield needs to learn to play without him

The emergence of Miller and Hall, arrival of Barlow, Hanley and Lyons.

Everything points to GAJ spending majority of game time in the forward 50.

I just can't see Ablett spending much time in the middle given:

- Risk to his shoulder
- Midfield needs to learn to play without him

The emergence of Miller and Hall, arrival of Barlow, Hanley and Lyons.

Everything points to GAJ spending majority of game time in the forward 50.
He'll have stints up forward but I've got no doubt he'll play predominantly on ball. He's just too good not to utilize in his best position regardless of the other upcoming mids. The risk is still there re shoulder wherever he plays anyway. He's not any safer up forward.

He'll have stints up forward but I've got no doubt he'll play predominantly on ball. He's just too good not to utilize in his best position regardless of the other upcoming mids. The risk is still there re shoulder wherever he plays anyway. He's not any safer up forward.

He'll demand to play in the midfield, no doubt he wants to win another Brownlow.

Will be interesting to see what Rocket does with him.

He'll demand to play in the midfield, no doubt he wants to win another Brownlow.

Will be interesting to see what Rocket does with him.
No, I don't believe GAJ is vain like that. He'll play mids coz that's where he's best. Nothing to do with another Brownlow.

Really!? his reactions on Brownlow night when he's in contention.. he definitely cares about it..
Still don't think it's his #1 motivation going into a season.

Surprised that Swallow's ownership is so high.

To those picking him, what does he need to do for the pick to be a success?

Stepping stone to a premium midfielder.

Scored 80 sc from 53% game time on the weekend.
I'd like to think he can average 90+

Last edited:

Will average 95+
If fit he plays
He is their future

There isn't a footballer in the land that gives zero shits when they're near the top of the table on BnF night.
Remember in 09 I think he hit he's fist on the table when he was out of contention. Very competitive bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing/staggering/frustrating that he hasn't had ANY contact on the shoulder at this stage of preseason. It's a worry. I'm spewing though coz I want so much to start with him....one last time but how do you go there? He's another bad tackle away from retirement.

Having said all that, if there's ANY, and I mean ANY inclination that he's ready to go, I'll jump on him. If I'm giving Rocky a pass after he's pillaged my bunghole numerous times, surely the GOAT gets a turn too!

The agony and the ecstasy of being Greek :eek:;)
It's all good. We can all have him in our teams next year, as a forward premium averaging 130+ running alongside Jelwood and Danger.

He could make you 150k in the first half of the season and allow a good upgrade to premium during the bye period. Assuming he plays most games reasonably I would think an avg score around 80 isn't out of the question. Swallow at say 445k plus a peaked rookie around 260k less 105k for new rookie leaves you with 600k to use. Doubt it will play out like that but hey it's worth a crack.

He could make you 150k in the first half of the season and allow a good upgrade to premium during the bye period. Assuming he plays most games reasonably I would think an avg score around 80 isn't out of the question. Swallow at say 445k plus a peaked rookie around 260k less 105k for new rookie leaves you with 600k to use. Doubt it will play out like that but hey it's worth a crack.

If 80 is all Swallow averages hes a horrible pick.

Better off picking a 130k rookie who scores 70s.
You'll be 300k better off

I'm hoping he avgs 90 or even more but is proven and will get game time unlike many rookies. The upside is if a 130k rookie makes you 300k that leaves extra coin for multiple premium upgrades.

Even though midfield rookies look a bit light-on so far, that output would be a failure in my books.
That's the gamble I am prepared to take. Not many mid pricers really rise but I reckon swallow has that potential. Hey he could even become a keeper if he plays to his ability. Pre injury he was looking every bit a gun.

Agree.

This is the exact reason i am dodging McGluggage at his price even though he is likely to play but last year is another great example regarding Tippa and Parish from the Bombers and high price rookies offer very little history tells us SC wise.

Take the case of Darcy Parish v Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti in last season. Both came into season 2016 with excellent job prospects given a decimated Essendon list. Parish was highly touted, McDonald-Tipungwuti was elevated at 22 years of age to fulfill a need. The major difference? Starting price.

Starting with a $202,800 price tag, Parish averaged 71.9 to Round 10. The basement priced McDonald-Tipungwuti averaged 76 to Round 10 ... and had appreciated in price by $123,000 more than Parish.

Look past the draft hype and pick options who will give you the most return on your investment, the best bang for your buck when it comes time to take your cash cow to slaughter.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...w/news-story/b93b4acde614ac5837891edbb013f77f

#buylow #sellhigh

Will Callum Brown get games this year? What do yas reckon

I think so but i cannot see anymore than a 40-50pt average right now, Daicos is in the same boat.

They will take a looonnnnng time to MAX out IMO to be ripe for cashing in.

Will Callum Brown get games this year? What do yas reckon

Yes.

Just checked on cfc and he's booked for a Rd18debut.
Starts on the wing, kicks 2 goals, 15 possessions
Dropped the week after due to a late night indiscretion involving a 3 legged lamb called wooly

On a srs note....will depend on injuries to others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back