Chug!!
10k Posts
Feb 22, 2011
Loving the Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons
Bennell might be in trouble, driving with out a licenece this time.
Honestly don't see him playing this year or ever again for that matter.
Cuzzi likes this...
ben is crazy.jpg

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Any love for Seb Ross as a smokey breakout candidate? TOG won't get much higher and his CP% is going down every year, still worth having a look at though.

I was spruiking him hard this time last year. I may have gone 1 year too early. But I'm not looking at him for now.

Stevens and steele may release him to be a touch more outside. I don't expect more than 90 average with the odd 130+ thrown in

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Am I crazy for thinking of picking Jobe Watson over Heppell?

Reckon he'll be around the 105 mark this year.

Better options out there. Jobe yo-yos pretty badly. He would do my head in

Jul 19, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

Would probably go for him over Heppell, but I doubt I'll have either at this point.

FWIW, Jobe looks being pretty much a full-time mid again, not plonked forward like some were fearing/expecting. Best case is probably still cheap M8 though, and there are going to be better/cheaper options.

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I don't think you are mad at all. Don't get seduced by the groupthink around here where one person writes him off and the rest of the sheep follow. He has a point to prove and he's a very good price considering his past output. That said his durability may be a slight concern, the year off could be a blessing or a curse in that regard, just don't know.

I don't think you are mad at all. Don't get seduced by the groupthink around here where one person writes him off and the rest of the sheep follow. He has a point to prove and he's a very good price considering his past output. That said his durability may be a slight concern, the year off could be a blessing or a curse in that regard, just don't know.

in 2015 he had 2 games out of 12 over 110 - I think the likes of Zac Merrett and Dyson will both average at least 8-10 points higher than him.

For mine i think there are better options available - but as everyone on here knows - I love a left field pick and different teams

upload_2016-12-12_18-27-17.png

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
in 2015 he had 2 games out of 12 over 110 - I think the likes of Zac Merrett and Dyson will both average at least 8-10 points higher than him.

For mine i think there are better options available - but as everyone on here knows - I love a left field pick and different teams

View attachment 318719

The 4 years before 2015 he averaged 106 or better every year. You may be right but history says 2015 was an abnormally bad year for him. I'm going to watch him in preseason. I expect he'll come out breathing fire at the start of the season.

The 4 years before 2015 he averaged 106 or better every year. You may be right but history says 2015 was an abnormally bad year for him. I'm going to watch him in preseason. I expect he'll come out breathing fire at the start of the season.

I never ever thought I'd say this but i think i prefer MMURPHY

God i feel dirty

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks for the input guys, it's good to see opposing views . My line of thinking was that in 2015 Jobe was probably just mentally weighed down with the WADA case winding up , then he got injured and then Hird got the Tijuana so it was a perfect storm of everything going wrong. Up until the 44 he scored when he got injured he was averaging 97/98

2017 probably sees a fresh start for him and he turns 32, no spring chicken but not over the hill by any means . It's a gut feel for me personally, im just looking to bring him in and hope he lasts until the bye rounds (if I go with him)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Thanks for the input guys, it's good to see opposing views . My line of thinking was that in 2015 Jobe was probably just mentally weighed down with the WADA case winding up , then he got injured and then Hird got the Tijuana so it was a perfect storm of everything going wrong. Up until the 44 he scored when he got injured he was averaging 97/98

2017 probably sees a fresh start for him and he turns 32, no spring chicken but not over the hill by any means . It's a gut feel for me personally, im just looking to bring him in and hope he lasts until the bye rounds (if I go with him)
Hoping he makes you cash then trade his arse at his bye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back