Position 2017 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'd like to keep him, but at worst id like him to at least stay fit until I'm full premo/ bye rounds. I know it's a long shot but something I think that's worth investigating.
If anything he would improve his fitness then come out strong after the byes.
My worry with returning Essendon players is that they've missed a lot of footy. The older guys scare me even more.

The 4 years before 2015 he averaged 106 or better every year. You may be right but history says 2015 was an abnormally bad year for him. I'm going to watch him in preseason. I expect he'll come out breathing fire at the start of the season.
Good luck, was struggling in his last two seasons - durability wise, big decline in his last season in scoring and will be coming back after being out for 18 months.

The midfield should be your bread and butter, no need to try and be cute and look for value, just find the extra 150K and lock in a premo, save the experimenting for another line, would be my advice.

If anything he would improve his fitness then come out strong after the byes.
My worry with returning Essendon players is that they've missed a lot of footy. The older guys scare me even more.

I'm of the opinion that the returning Essendon players will actually start off very strongly, but will feel the pinch towards the end of the year and drop off quickly.

I'm of the opinion that the returning Essendon players will actually start off very strongly, but will feel the pinch towards the end of the year and drop off quickly.
But Dank's bot there anymore :p

But I see where you're coming from. They would be hungry for a kick and their first win.

Good luck, was struggling in his last two seasons - durability wise, big decline in his last season in scoring and will be coming back after being out for 18 months.

The midfield should be your bread and butter, no need to try and be cute and look for value, just find the extra 150K and lock in a premo, save the experimenting for another line, would be my advice.

So you won't be into Murphy, Swallow, Beams or O'Meara then? All have some risk and significant potential reward attached.

What you need in the mids is not 100% bread and butter. You need to start with 3 or 4 proven captain choices (that's the bread and butter) where you pay top dollar- Danger, Pendles, one or 2 of Ablett, Jelwood, Rocky or Fyfe etc. After that it's about finding the value premos. And if I get lucky and pick the 430k guy that averages the same as your 600k guy then I'm well ahead. Sure there's risk but you need to find value on all lines if you want to win.

Jobe is a bit older than the other value picks mentioned but he's a pretty solid guy, plenty of reasons why he may have been struggling in recent years - the drugs issue hanging over him, carrying injury, played in different roles. As I said - no lock but definitely deserves a close look in the preseason.

So you won't be into Murphy, Swallow, Beams or O'Meara then? All have some risk and significant potential reward attached.

What you need in the mids is not 100% bread and butter. You need to start with 3 or 4 proven captain choices (that's the bread and butter) where you pay top dollar- Danger, Pendles, one or 2 of Ablett, Jelwood, Rocky or Fyfe etc. After that it's about finding the value premos. And if I get lucky and pick the 430k guy that averages the same as your 600k guy then I'm well ahead. Sure there's risk but you need to find value on all lines if you want to win.

Jobe is a bit older than the other value picks mentioned but he's a pretty solid guy, plenty of reasons why he may have been struggling in recent years - the drugs issue hanging over him, carrying injury, played in different roles. As I said - no lock but definitely deserves a close look in the preseason.
Beams is a completely different scenario due to being in the prime of his career, if fit thier really should be no reason for him not to be one of the top scoring mids.

Swallow is a little interesting due to being so discounted but I think in the end he's a little in no man's land, won't produce enough cash and won't score like a mid keeper.

O'Meara is a clear no for me.

Murphy and Watson both appear to be in the decline of their careers, they are no longer SC relevant in my eyes and regardless of what they do in the NAB Cup I'll be staying well clear.

What would you need to see from Watson over pre-season to lock him in for R1?

What would you need to see from Watson over pre-season to lock him in for R1?

The obvious thing is significant time on and around the ball - basically making sure he's not parked in the forward line for long stretches while the likes of Merrett are stealing points, the Bombers being competitive and the most obvious one is desire - does he look to be going hard or just coasting. If he looks like he's coasting (making some allowance for the fact he's rusty and it's preseason) then steer clear.

I know these aren't absolutely clear indicators, however as I said, I think he'll be trying to prove he's not past it. If he's really not motivated (I've heard a rumour to that effect) I would have expected he would have retired.

certainly not one id be thinking of starting with, despite his consistency. but most his games are 105-115, which is good, but not that top level.
He was a solid pick from about round 9 , he injured his back but I think his SC days are just about cooked,
sadly I will not be picking one WCE premo/mid pricer other than Rioli/rookies this year...

Come at me Here2tellyouwhy

Do you think Mitchell will help or weaken Priddis in supercoach

I don't think it effects him too much. If anything it's probably helps having someone else on the outside. Priddis will always get his points because he's so in and under. But his poor disposal eff will always keep him off that super duper premo Ablett/Danger region. I'm considering him. He's in at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it effects him too much. If anything it's probably helps having someone else on the outside. Priddis will always get his points because he's so in and under. But his poor disposal eff will always keep him off that super duper premo Ablett/Danger region. I'm considering him. He's in at the moment.

Priddis is in :rolleyes:

Xmas drinks early bud

He was a solid pick from about round 9 , he injured his back but I think his SC days are just about cooked,
sadly I will not be picking one WCE premo/mid pricer other than Rioli/rookies this year...

Come at me Here2tellyouwhy

Shuey benefits from Mitchell. Priddis suffers from Mitchell IMO.

JK is a very good chance to start in my team or make it in at his first price dip.
Thinking of Starting with Yeo at M6 too. Really think he has it in him to burn whats left of my genitalia to a crisp.

Shuey benefits from Mitchell. Priddis suffers from Mitchell IMO.

JK is a very good chance to start in my team or make it in at his first price dip.
Thinking of Starting with Yeo at M6 too. Really think he has it in him to burn whats left of my genitalia to a crisp.
Thought you where serious for a second...

WTF 2.jpg

...then this...

clever.jpg

JJK v Buddy v Lynch (GCS) its gotta be JJK, he is so durable, lock as a KPP if serious about SCing?

Well, I had a funeral today so my blood is more beer than blood ATM. BUT, he's just solid. You know what you'll get. If you're making risks like Fyfe, Ablett, Beams he slots in OK.

Reminder - It's December FFS.

December .....really

FMe wot happened to November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back