Position 2017 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people's thoughts on Sam Menegola as a POD at an M6? $486K?

Probably my Cats bias talking but in his 6 H&A games in 2016 he went 97, 77, 94, 91, 133, 103.

SC doesn't tell me his two SuperCoach scores in the AFL finals because the SC finals were over by then, so can only go by fantasy points in the AFL finals and in QF & PF he scored 82 & 63 so not sure what that equated to in terms of SC scores.

The game that stands out to me is Round 22 when he got 133 (was only against the Lions though...) from only 71% game time (low compared to the other midfielders), so with a full pre-season this year his game time should be up meaning more points.

He will be that 3rd midfielder in the centre alongside Dangerwood, which is one of the reasons Caddy left because he wasn't gonna be played in the middle ahead of Menegola. He's also ahead of Duncan & Guthrie who are more outside types.

Again big Geelong bias so want to know other people's thoughts on him :thumbsu:

Probably my Cats bias talking but in his 6 H&A games in 2016 he went 97, 77, 94, 91, 133, 103.

SC doesn't tell me his two SuperCoach scores in the AFL finals because the SC finals were over by then, so can only go by fantasy points in the AFL finals and in QF & PF he scored 82 & 63 so not sure what that equated to in terms of SC scores.

The game that stands out to me is Round 22 when he got 133 (was only against the Lions though...) from only 71% game time (low compared to the other midfielders), so with a full pre-season this year his game time should be up meaning more points.

He will be that 3rd midfielder in the centre alongside Dangerwood, which is one of the reasons Caddy left because he wasn't gonna be played in the middle ahead of Menegola. He's also ahead of Duncan & Guthrie who are more outside types.

He scored 89 in SC when you beat Hawks. Doesn't seem to be any scores about for the Sydney game available but considering your midfield seemed like a two man show that night I doubt it would be much. His scoring was decent and consistent and it seems reasonable to expect he could expect more games and potentially increased output with no Caddy along with natural development, but that price is seriously offputting imo. Beams, Murphy, Kelly, Watson and B. Crouch are all cheaper and objectively speaking do you think he will score higher than any of those players? He might but I dunno if I'd risk it. If he explodes you're a genius but anything less than tons every week he's gonna bleed cash and even then it's likely you'd be getting higher output from similarly priced players or cheaper players. Bit too much risk for me.

Waste of a pick IMO.
He scored 89 vs Hawks and 56 vs Swans in the 2 finals.

Fyfe%20ps%20620%202016.jpg

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

*assuming he makes it through the preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are peoples expectations of the Bont this year. Seems to be getting lots of love. I'm seeing him as a tier below Rocky, Fyfe, JPK etc and likely to average around 105-110. Got a lot of big scores last year thanks to his heroic acts in the last few minutes of close games which isn't really sustainable in the long term. I feel he's still a year or maybe 2 off being a Super Premo.

Thoughts?

What are peoples expectations of the Bont this year. Seems to be getting lots of love. I'm seeing him as a tier below Rocky, Fyfe, JPK etc and likely to average around 105-110. Got a lot of big scores last year thanks to his heroic acts in the last few minutes of close games which isn't really sustainable in the long term. I feel he's still a year or maybe 2 off being a Super Premo.

Thoughts?
He's a freak/jet.

Pick & throw away the key IMHO

Thoughts?

I agree. In this game no one is a lock but Bont is a nice price for a healthy output with the potential to go SP 120+ and CD love him.
Hard to pass up but by no means a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back