Prediction 2017 Most Valuable Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope you have your Visa in order for my city :)
Lol, I visit 1/2 times a year, so reckon they should let me through airport security.

Was hoping to come up in Winter for better weather (escape our cold), but gather now humid.

B Crouch will be our #1 midfielder.
if he becomes our best midfielder it'll be happy place time

giphy.gif

Sloane was most important last year, followed by Betts, Laird and Talia with those four a significant way in front of Walker, who is a significant way in front of the rest of the pack.

so the answer to who will be the 2017 MVP's is that I want it to be harder to judge. I want big contributions from the Crouch brothers to lower our reliance on Sloane, big contributions from Hartigan and Lever to take the pressure off Talia, more consistency from Smith and someone like Hampton to come in and add options coming off half back and guys like Cameron, Atkins, Milera, McGovern, Knight to all add their names to the conversation.

then I want Walker to get a few more touches and hit the scoreboard more to leap into the #1 spot.

Wigg. Is gonna be a gun. Will break into the squad next year and have an immediate impact. Everyone at Adelaide oval games will find a blonde curly wig on their chair to wear at the first home game.

That's what my loins tell me anyway.

Wigg. Is gonna be a gun. Will break into the squad next year and have an immediate impact. Everyone at Adelaide oval games will find a blonde curly wig on their chair to wear at the first home game.

Merkin

Cumulative rankings so far for those have responded, so keep them coming or extend your existing ranking for your top-10 players.

Rank Player Ave
1 Sloane 1.4
2 Talia 2.7
3 Betts 3.9
4 Walker 4.0
5 Lynch 6.0
6 Jacobs 8.3
7 B Crouch 8.9
8 Laird 9.1
9 Smith 9.3
10 M Crouch 9.7
11 Lever 10.1
12 Jenkins 10.6

Cumulative rankings so far for those have responded, so keep them coming or extend your existing ranking for your top-10 players.

Rank Player Ave
1 Sloane 1.4
2 Talia 2.7
3 Betts 3.9
4 Walker 4.0
5 Lynch 6.0
6 Jacobs 8.3
7 B Crouch 8.9
8 Laird 9.1
9 Smith 9.3
10 M Crouch 9.7
11 Lever 10.1
12 Jenkins 10.6
Sloane Talia Walker Smith Betts Jacobs B Crouch Laird M Crouch Cameron

I think this year we wil see B Crouch take it to the next level and take the reigns from Sloane in terms of being our best mid.

But IMO our MVP is Eddie. Not just for his pure goal kicking but the fact that the opposition have to put so much effort defending him (in any zine he plays in) as most of his touches create something and are somewhat unorthodox.

He is our most creative player.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Sloane
Walker
Lynch
Betts
Talia
Laird
Smith
Jacobs
M.Crouch
Lever

That's what I expect the best and fairest top 10 to looks like.

It is pretty close to what I think is our most important 10 (as in players we can least afford to lose) - the only changes would be Laird and Lever down a few and Jenkins in before Jacobs. In previous years I would have had Talia as the clear number 1 most important player but I am now a lot more comfortable this with Hartigan and Lever playing on the two best forwards than I have been in the past. Sloane then Walker would be way out in front as the most important player for 2017 in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting post, Well done mate. I agree that sometimes our 'most important' is NOT our best, look back a couple of years ago when our forward line wasn't where it is now,. I thought TEX was our most important, where as Danger was our best. Now the tables have turned and I agree with you re. Sloane being our Most important,. but here is my top ten.

1 - Sloane - Our best player, our best midfielder, a huge leader on/off the field. We need him to play 20+ games or we could miss finals.
2 - M.Crouch - I can't speak more highly about this guy, he has improved out of sight, an out and out accumulator who's quality of possession will improve again this year, Tipping him for AA squad in 2017.
3 - Eddie - Adds fear to every backmen in the competition, the defenders playing on the big boys adapt the way they play on their men because of him. (not to mention he has kicked 189 goals in the past 3 years!)
4 - B.Crouch - He could be a top 10 in the league midfielder, can be the missing piece we need to win a flag... can also get injured and play 4 games.
5 - Talia - In 1-2 years time I think Hartigan, Lever, Doedee will be confident enough to cover Talia for more than a week, but if he goes down now, Trouble.
6 - Jacobs - I know how impressive ROB was when he got his chance this year, but he was playing on pure confidence and excitement, If Jacobs went down to 6-8 weeks, would he stand up the same?
7 - Tex - Our captain and even though he doesn't kick 100 goals a season, huge presence on the field another one who scares backlines.
8 - Laird - We look slow out of the backline without him, hits a teammate almost 100% of the time. Machine.
9 - Lynch - the Lynchpin (I just vomited in my mouth typing that) but it's true, he is the in between guy who does a lot that non crows fans don't notice.
10 - Smith - Another one who when he doesn't play, we look slow and unsurprising. All premiership teams have a 'cream on top' kinda player, he is ours.

Sloane was most important last year, followed by Betts, Laird and Talia with those four a significant way in front of Walker, who is a significant way in front of the rest of the pack.

so the answer to who will be the 2017 MVP's is that I want it to be harder to judge. I want big contributions from the Crouch brothers to lower our reliance on Sloane, big contributions from Hartigan and Lever to take the pressure off Talia, more consistency from Smith and someone like Hampton to come in and add options coming off half back and guys like Cameron, Atkins, Milera, McGovern, Knight to all add their names to the conversation.

then I want Walker to get a few more touches and hit the scoreboard more to leap into the #1 spot.
I would put lynch in the top bracket in 2016. Was unbelievable at times. At least next to tex.

I just don't see what a lot of you do with Wigg. I doubt very much if he gets a game at all. Nice SANFL player and that's it in my view.

I just don't see what a lot of you do with Wigg. I doubt very much if he gets a game at all. Nice SANFL player and that's it in my view.
Agree.

For me he is behind Milera, Knight, CEY, Menzel, Hampton, Doedee and maybe Greenwood in terms of guys who played more SANFL than AFL last year

I was just thinking back on our rookie draft and I remembered a lad from our top up we never took.
Matt Spenceley who went back to Waikerie after a few games. I thought the Crows were hiding him. Maybe he was needed for work up there. He showed a lot in my opinion.

Have you watched Wigg live on a lot of occasions? His desicion making is excellent in close, he has great hands and an excellent kick. He is a footballer not an athlete. It is always an opinion but he would be a fantastic addition to the midfield with rotations through H/B. He is a fair way ahead of Milera in terms of development plus they would not play the same role.

Agree.

For me he is behind Milera, Knight, CEY, Menzel, Hampton, Doedee and maybe Greenwood in terms of guys who played more SANFL than AFL last year

The only person from that lot that may be playing a similar role to Wigg would be Hampton and possibly Doedee, but I can't see doedee as a mid yet.

From that lot it would only really be Hampton that Would be playing a similar role. Possibly Doedee in the futur but he is not ready for the midfield yet.
Greenwood is more athletic but Wigg def has a better understanding of the game.

Have you watched Wigg live on a lot of occasions? His desicion making is excellent in close, he has great hands and an excellent kick. He is a footballer not an athlete. It is always an opinion but he would be a fantastic addition to the midfield with rotations through H/B. He is a fair way ahead of Milera in terms of development plus they would not play the same role.

Sorry, I can't go to games now but I watch every Crows game on TV and record them. Both VFL and SANFL, I'm just not impressed by him as much as you are. The one who really impresses me is Greenwood. I think we have some cleaning out to do again at the end of next season. For some of the young players, this is definitely a make or break year.

Sorry, I can't go to games now but I watch every Crows game on TV and record them. Both VFL and SANFL, I'm just not impressed by him as much as you are. The one who really impresses me is Greenwood. I think we have some cleaning out to do again at the end of next season. For some of the young players, this is definitely a make or break year.
Its an interesting thought. We know of 2 Senior Players that are towards the end of their contracts/time at the club, but also how this affects the lower age group as well.

It also will be interesting to see how ruthless we are in culling the lower end deadwood. If indeed we need to be ruthless. I would be more worried for the mid-age players.

I hope Greenwood makes it he has a massive upside. I actually think Keath is one that is flying under the radar and could possibly make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back