MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i think everything should be reset for finals because from a pure football lover i want to see the best players playing in the Grand Final.

Unpopular opinion i know but i don't want to see any player missing for what Cotch or Sloane did.

Personally i think everything should be reset for finals because from a pure football lover i want to see the best players playing in the Grand Final.

Unpopular opinion i know but i don't want to see any player missing for what Cotch or Sloane did.
Perfect comment.
Except for the fact it's the exact opposite.

Demerits are supposed to be doubled because if you reset for finals players are willing to do whatever it takes (even hurting another player) to get through.

I don't want to see "the best players" playing if they got there in such a way that is not within the rules."The best players" don't get a ******* pass because they have a recognisable name.

Cotch broke a minor rule 3 times, he should have been suspended.

Demerits are supposed to be doubled because if you reset for finals players are willing to do whatever it takes (even hurting another player) to get through.

I don't want to see "the best players" playing if they got there in such a way that is not within the rules."The best players" don't get a ******* pass because they have a recognisable name.

Would you be saying that if it was a North player missing a G.F i highly doubt it.

Would you be saying that if it was a North player missing a G.F i highly doubt it.
If It was a North player I'd want them to play but I'd also know it was their own fault for being stupid.

Piss poor counter point.

You (AFL) can't just change rules on the fly. It looks terrible. And it leaves people pissed off.

If It was a North player I'd want them to play but I'd also know it was their own fault for being stupid.

Piss poor counter point.

You (AFL) can't just change rules on the fly. It looks terrible. And it leaves people pissed off.
Sure whatever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comp is a joke.

A joke that this type of contact is considered anything other than incidental contact.

A joke that by their own butchered rulebook he HAD to be suspended byt STILL brushed it off because it didn't suit their agenda.

They are destroying our once great game and I'm just about done forking out my hard earned and lining the pockets of these corrupt limp dick corporation men.

I'm with you on this. The real problem we are seeing here is the double standards that the MRP are applying. One rule for some and another rule for others.

If Benny Jacob's bunny had have been judged as others have through the year, then he would be gone for a week or two.

My view though is that if it is clear that that the intent of both players is that they are going for the ball, then there shouldn't be a case to answer. But this has happened before this year and players have been suspended.

Now I am going to have my cake and eat it I know but I have one small question mark in my head about intent in this case. A small part of me says that Bennny J's bunny did try to take Shiel out then the outcome is manifestly unfair as far as the Giants are concerned. The result of the game may have been a little bit different if the Giants had have had their best midfielder (apart from he who shall remain nameless) for the whole of the game then who knows they might have won?

I think this is where the Concussion rule should allow another player to be substituted into the game, so that the team who loses a player, at least is not one down in rotations.

So, you don't want the rules applied consistently? That's what your argument boils down to.

Reset or not, that hit was getting 2 down to 1 during the season...

I personally couldn't give a * if the best players run out in the finals. I want integrity in the system and an independent tribunal first and firemost. If the best players do the wrong thing, then they should punished like the average player is..FMD, it is the foundation of all sports...

I'm with you on this. The real problem we are seeing here is the double standards that the MRP are applying. One rule for some and another rule for others.

If Benny Jacob's bunny had have been judged as others have through the year, then he would be gone for a week or two.

My view though is that if it is clear that that the intent of both players is that they are going for the ball, then there shouldn't be a case to answer. But this has happened before this year and players have been suspended.

Now I am going to have my cake and eat it I know but I have one small question mark in my head about intent in this case. A small part of me says that Bennny J's bunny did try to take Shiel out then the outcome is manifestly unfair as far as the Giants are concerned. The result of the game may have been a little bit different if the Giants had have had their best midfielder (apart from he who shall remain nameless) for the whole of the game then who knows they might have won?

I think this is where the Concussion rule should allow another player to be substituted into the game, so that the team who loses a player, at least is not one down in rotations.

Horace, it's not about intent.

It should be, but it's not.

They (AFL) made this shitful set of criteria, but they haven't even got the balls to apply it when it gives an outcome that would see them slaughtered in the court of popular opinion.

Piss poor counter point.

It ain't a piss poor counter point. If we are being honest had a North player missed a GF for "that" we would be ropable. :stern look

Preceident now set is that you can smash the oppositions best player out of a prelim and still play in a GF
If you play for the Victorian feel good story team

Honestly, this is the s**t that should feed everyone on this board and at the club with fuel for the fire. Cos when it's our turn at the top we'll have done it in spite of the AFL's dishonesty, not because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back