MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be interesting to see how they judge the Hawkins jumper punch.

And won't he and his coach be absolutely mystified. Dumbstruck might be a better word. He's got to be one of the dumbest footballers going around when it comes to this sort of stuff. And every time he gets penalised for the most obvious infraction - free kick, 50 metre penalty, report, whatever - each time his reaction is priceless.

b9f9e26bd8409833b9b1d5dca0f4f807.jpeg

Typical Hodge......... targetting the young....... but a young what???
A young One??
cbcba3ac1586c51ebe9dda25d2ae523b.jpg

And won't he and his coach be absolutely mystified. Dumbstruck might be a better word. He's got to be one of the dumbest footballers going around when it comes to this sort of stuff. And every time he gets penalised for the most obvious infraction - free kick, 50 metre penalty, report, whatever - each time his reaction is priceless.

View attachment 378254
Well, you have to feel a bit for him. He has gotten away with it forever almost. Then he does it right out in the open when the MRP have just made a big song and dance about it so they have almost no choice. How was he to know that he wasn't going to be immune (again) this time.

I think that the other time he got done was when there had been a bit of a crackdown - just from memory.

Anyway, one week is pretty light for a bloke with priors.

Jesus H Christ. Gerard doesn't think Hawkins deliberately threw a punch.

And Robbo is having a go at Crouch for going down. Yet he called for Cunnington to be executed, based on Vince going down.

I don't think Vince was faking. I think committed a dirty and dangerous act, then had the audacity to front up to Cunnington and consider himself untouchable.

I bet he was a younger sibling who would whack his older brother than hide behind him mum and avoid retaliation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only surprise was that he wasn't charged with one of their facourite "catch all" charges like "rough conduct", as a strike can often be defended.

Take the week. Done!

With his current run of outs and players returning he may well have to fight for a spot in the Werribee 1sts in a couple of weeks.

MRP has laid 8 charges from rd13.
4 other matters assessed in detail.
Luke Shuey can accept $1000 sanction, rough conduct on PDangerfield.

Joel Selwood can accept $1000 sanction, rough conduct on SMitchell.
Nick Riewoldt can accept $1000 sanction, striking SThompson.

Lance Franklin can accept $1000 sanction, rough conduct on CMenadue.
Zak Jones can accept 1 game, striking DButler.

Matt Rosa can accept 1 game, striking DThomas.
Jake Stringer ($1500), Neville Jetta ($1000) can accept fines for wrestling each other.

Sam Mitchell cleared contact JSelwood. Panel said action not a striking motion and insufficient high contact for a report to be laid.

Alex Rance cleared in actions v LFranklin. Under its guidelines, MRP said any exaggeration of contact was not excessive.

Jack Riewoldt cleared contact LParker. Panel said there was insufficient force in the contact for a charge to be laid.

Dale Thomas cleared contact ASaad. It was panel view Thomas over-ran ball, did not elect to bump & incident not reportable in circumstances.

Dale Thomas cleared contact ASaad. It was panel view Thomas over-ran ball, did not elect to bump & incident not reportable in circumstances.

Hahaha.

Over running the ball now a defence?

You couldn't write this s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back