2017 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Alvvays. The new song is good and has some tidy vocal bits, as in with the lyrics and the way they're sung. Can't wait for the full album. Check out Not My Baby and Dreams - they've been playing them live, can't wait to hear the proper studio versions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New Lorde album is really good. Standout song for me is Sober

Liability is the song that stood out to me first as amazing

Also RATM have a new sideproject with Public Enemy and Cypress Hill :eek:

Been listening to The New Year's (ex Bedhead) new one, Snow, quite a bit. Pretty excited for new Waxahatchee and Japanese Breakfast.

Also popped my Radiohead cherry at Northside, finally. Like how emotional old guys get when they see Bruce Springsteen, that was it, though any sense of it overwhelming the moment pretty quickly turned into a party.

Been listening to The New Year's (ex Bedhead) new one, Snow, quite a bit. Pretty excited for new Waxahatchee and Japanese Breakfast.

Also popped my Radiohead cherry at Northside, finally. Like how emotional old guys get when they see Bruce Springsteen, that was it, though any sense of it overwhelming the moment pretty quickly turned into a party.
I saw em at Florence though the memories are too good to spread here. Are you going to any other shows this tour?

Also how do people like Sober from Melodrama?! That's the worst one! I do love the album though despite it being a little inconsistent. Hopefully the songs that didn't grab me are growers. I love The Louvre and Supercut - smart, funny lyrics and great melodies plus the sounds are so refreshing and emotional. The words and the way she sings 'at the back... but who cares... still the Louvre...' something else! Then there's the great flow. I like how songs come in and are full of her anger over her ex, her getting over him how only 20-year olds do, and then the song toward the end where she seems to accept its over and understands they spent some good times together, she will get over and recover, and one day they'll both be happy they went through a weird, rare, cool time of her early fame together.

It's a very nice album and so often I think of her and remember the moments I had with girls who would say things that just resounded with me so much I thought I'd found the rare sort who also Got It.

Who cares... still The Louvre!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw em at Florence though the memories are too good to spread here. Are you going to any other shows this tour?

Also how do people like Sober from Melodrama?! That's the worst one! I do love the album though despite it being a little inconsistent. Hopefully the songs that didn't grab me are growers. I love The Louvre and Supercut - smart, funny lyrics and great melodies plus the sounds are so refreshing and emotional. The words and the way she sings 'at the back... but who cares... still the Louvre...' something else! Then there's the great flow. I like how songs come in and are full of her anger over her ex, her getting over him how only 20-year olds do, and then the song toward the end where she seems to accept its over and understands they spent some good times together, she will get over and recover, and one day they'll both be happy they went through a weird, rare, cool time of her early fame together.

It's a very nice album and so often I think of her and remember the moments I had with girls who would say things that just resounded with me so much I thought I'd found the rare sort who also Got It.

Who cares... still The Louvre!

Flume produced The Louvre.

Sorry to ruin it for you

Queens of the Stone Age - The Way You Used To Do!!

note: i like it, i like it a lot. It's going to be a new style, hopefully haunted mansion.

Am I the only one who hates the mix on this? Sounds so tinny and lifeless. Doesn't have that usual QOTSA thickness and warmth. Makes it hard to really judge the song, IMO.

Am I the only one who hates the mix on this? Sounds so tinny and lifeless. Doesn't have that usual QOTSA thickness and warmth. Makes it hard to really judge the song, IMO.

Agreed, it's a nice little jam but I was really waiting for the thud and filling out the low end... which never came

Radiohead - Big Boots (Man of War)

So over the top and a great song but man how weird is the production and mixing? Spectre was done in a similar way.

Also the song is Man Of War. Even if you want to reference it as Big Boots, shouldn't that be in the brackets? Brackets don't usually denote a former name. I'm a flog.

Also can't believe Flume produced that Lorde song ffs

So over the top and a great song but man how weird is the production and mixing? Spectre was done in a similar way.

Also the song is Man Of War. Even if you want to reference it as Big Boots, shouldn't that be in the brackets? Brackets don't usually denote a former name. I'm a flog.

Also can't believe Flume produced that Lorde song ffs

Gosh you really can be insufferable. Do you get any joy from day to day ???

edit: sorry that was actually not the nicest thing i could have said, i am sorry about that...

Last edited:
Similarly mixed on this Man of War take, got the same so-so Spectre vibes. Will certainly still be holding on to my Big Boots live recordings, now one of those RH tracks for me without a definitive version. Sounds great as a Bond-style track though. Nice little triple treat. Very glad iTunes offered them as song purchases, just gorgeous hearing new mid 90s Radiohead releases, so full of that vibe.

Last edited:
Similarly mixed on this Man of War take, got the same so-so Spectre vibes. Will certainly still be holding on to my Big Boots live recordings, now one of those RH tracks for me without a definitive version. Sounds great as a Bond-style track though. Nice little triple treat. Very glad iTunes offered them as song purchases, just gorgeous hearing new mid 90s Radiohead releases, so full of that vibe.

See to me it sounds very similar to the template of the old bootlegs anyway but i like that they've included a mellotron, strings and i think Jonny really emphasises his guitar on this a bit more as well as he extends his reach on those riffs and i think he is using some new guitar pedal fuzz on it as well, very nice, also i like the wings big-band drums style on this version of the song that Phil hammers out, quite cool, which is a very new thing to the song...

i much prefer it to the old bootlegs, mainly because its studio quality and has some really nice things going on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back