4. Duncan
3. Tuohy
2. Dangerfield
1. Mackie

HM: Blicavs, Murdoch, Lang, Stewart, S Selwood

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Captain Selwood; lifts when it's needed and his mark in the 4th was massive.
4. Duncan; his run of form in 2017 continue - from a personal perspective I'd love him to continue on his run of form while sneaking under the radar playing alongside DangerWoodWood
3. Blicavs; not necessarily his highest disposal account but it was the little things he did, a couple of massive smothers, contested marks and that goal
2. Dangerfield; 3 big goals when we needed them, especially the match winner
1. Murdoch; the intensity he has shown the last two weeks, especially his tackling pressure seems to have come from no where. He had that massive tackle in the last just inside Ports 50 and did well to not give away a free kick by getting low enough but also made the guy earn it.

HM. Scooter (34 tackles in two weeks is massive and according to what I just heard has never been done before - the pressure he brings is much needed and seems to be contagious), Touhy, Bews (hope the injury isn't too bad)

5. Duncan - Consistent and our most damaging through the centre of the ground.
4. Selwood - Just wills himself to everything, incredible performance as usual.
3. Dangerfield - Matchwinner aside, threatened to break the game apart in the second.
2. Bews - Had Gray's measure all day. Got very nervous when Guthrie moved onto him. Gray was only dangerous when Jed wasn't around.
1. Scooter - Really adding a defensive side that honestly all our other mids lack.

Hon mentions to Lang, Murdoch and Blicavs, normally my bottom 3 players. All played their roles and showed intent and toughness today.

5. J Selwood. A couple of slips aside it was another game where he willed us on and got his hands dirty. Lots of nice extracting, tough efforts and inside 50s. Again with the game on the line you trust him to stand up and he did again. Huge first half too and a major factor in our dominance during that part of the game.
4. Duncan. Ball use was terrific and damaging, he was probably our cleanest and most consistent player.
3. Dangerfield. Quiet in the middle but really important tackles and goals early and late. The midfield stands taller when he is capable of those game changing efforts.
2. Stewart. Looked to be the most composed guy back there. Got plenty of the ball and used it well, a safe pair of hands during times of calamity. Had a number of important 1v1's and neutralised most of them, including at the end with Gray. He has a lot of upside but for pure defensive work he's already delivering in spades.
1. Bews. Had a tough job on Gray who has been one of the best players in the comp this season and was on form tonight. Gray got plenty of 1v1's and had space to work with, so he easily could have kicked a bag. At least 1 of his 3 goals came when Bews was on the bench too and it was during this time that he got well on top. Of course Jed wasn't going to win every battle but I thought he worked very diligently and effectively, in a very important roles given how small forwards have killed us this year.

HM's: Blicavs was very good, Scooter again brought everything we needed from him, Smith backed it up, Lang surprised me and Mackie and Touhy provided good rebound.

Last edited:
JSelwood
Dangerfield
Duncan
SSelwood
Stewart

I'm wrapt with Smith's turnaround in form, could have given him 1, Bews played a great role, Blicavs found form.
Tuohy, Menegola excellent again.
Murdoch, Lang improved efforts good to see.

A significant drop between our best and worst players tonight. Thought Menz started well before dropping right out. Taylor so inconsistent, Parsons due for a spell, Cunico got involved early. Kolo worried me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back