2017 National Draft - 24th November 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

If you believe the rumours, the last Clayton first rounder ever.

May he be more successful than 90% of them.

Has there ever been a more overrated recruiter than Scotty. His shite drafting and trading cost us a flag in the 08-10 window.

The Jade Rawlins/Veale deal, P20ish on Street, blowing the Mundy pick on a bloke who played five games for us, all occurred in one year. Then the procession of wasted high picks, year after year, Everitt before J Reiwoldt, P4 on a bloke who played one game for us, Jarrod Grant, Sam Power...etc,etc,etc

And yet GC pick him up and think he'll be fine. :eek:

Another Dalrymplesque feature of Richards is that he only came into high draft calculations in the last year or two (I think I read that he grew 15cm in a year). So he could still be on a significant improvement curve. It's also been suggested that Higgins has focussed so much on getting into the AFL (playing footy full time in 2017, etc) that he is already closer to his ceiling than many of his peers. Not sure what to make of that argument but there could be something in it.

Higgins smacks of an Aish type pick then.

Just reading back on this is funny, seeing the amount of people pissed we got Naughton, and calling the list manager a flog haha. Shows why you wait a few years before you criticize.

My goodness there were some hysterics in this thread!

Fogarty, Bonar and Higgins should have been drafted before Naughton.

Posters potting the club for drafting another kpd and moaning about the versatility mantra employed by the club.

Nek minnut, Naughton is the most exciting KPF in the comp who leads the league in contested marking.

Fogarty, Bonar and Higgins are all playing reserves...

Perhaps we should leave the expertise to the experts...and Wizard17 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back