Game Day 2017 National Draft

The OP for our new picks must be accurate and informative. Who should do it?

• Anyone

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Wait for TD

Votes: 71 64.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah still think he will be a gun, was disappointed in his champs games though he was carrying a heavily strapped knee. He is one of a few I like around our pick, was a shocking game he had vs Metro but is young and will learn from it.

He played better in his other 2 champs games but still down on his best, hard to know how much his knee is limiting him. Sutherland probably for us is the best list fit. If we could get a 2nd pick inside the first round Balta would be good too.

Sutherland, Rayner, Fogarty, Brander, Uniake and Balta all will be good players imo.

Future spine:

F. Sutherland
HF. Moore
C. Treloar
HB. Balta
B. McClarty

R. Grundy, Degoey, Ian Hill (2018 draft focus :D)

Goal to goal line would look in pretty good shape.

I... I just want to do naughty things to you right now...:eek::oops:

That's good to know Apex. I think that Sutherland could say to Minows NM and Bris that it's the big clubs or Cricket which could scare off a club like North. I don't think many kids would want to give up a dream to play cricket, to play for a club that in all honesty, has no guarantees of being around in 15 years time, but can guarantee playing in front of 15,000 at the concrete jungle on Mothers Day is a game that no-one cares about.

That worries me sick though to hear about Carlton's stocks.
I think it's a bit fanciful to think that could happen, but I guess stranger things have happened

If our season continues to go pear shaped we could finish as low as 17th. Hypothetically if this happens and Brisbane take Rayner at pick 1, who do we choose at pick 2?

Sutherland, Brander or someone else?

Also one for Knightmare and Snoop...

How does Sutherland and Brander's underage form/potential stack up with other key position players in previous drafts?

Rank these players based purely on their underage form/potential without taking subsequent afl performance into account:

Brander
Sutherland
Logue
Weitering
Schache
Weideman
McCartin
Marchbank
Wright
Moore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that both can play other positions

Brander - key back
Sutherland - mobile mid

Handy to have a backup option if they don't develop properly in their preferred position. Great example was Reid - drafted as a key forward but talented enough to make it as a backman.

Brander - key back
Sutherland - mobile mid

Handy to have a backup option if they don't develop properly in their preferred position. Great example was Reid - drafted as a key forward but talented enough to make it as a backman.

Lessen the Chance of them Being a Bust

Brander - key back
Sutherland - mobile mid

So was Presti

Back